Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

You can tout all the statistics that you want, but here is where the average American feels it.

kitchen-table-issues.png

During the trump administration, all we heard about was the stock market whenever Trump took the stage all day every day

If inflation is going down, why shouldn’t Biden tout it?

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

$93 per person? That’s swanky 

BS.  Go to Aldi .  Buy 3 pounds of brats for $8.  Some potato salad, Baked beans and cole slaw.  A six pack of knock off Corona and you're good for $20.  I bought the brats for a Rotary party here and everyone loved them.  It also helps when everyone brings a dish.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

On 7/28/2023 at 7:46 AM, B-Man said:

You can tout all the statistics that you want, but here is where the average American feels it.

kitchen-table-issues.png

I am old enough to remember 1992. Bush 41: the economy is improving! Clinton: to hell with your statistics. "I feel your pain."

Fast forward to 2023. Republicans are now the feminized party of "but we don't FEEL like it's getting better." Democrats: but look at the data!

12 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Is this true? Shouldn’t the Brandon-Harris administration have done more to help Americans by now? 

Yes, they proposed student debt relief and wealth redistribution by increasing taxes on the uber wealthy.  Did you miss that?

On 7/29/2023 at 9:52 AM, Doc said:

Right back at you, Mr. Johnny-come-lately.

You know, I've worked with many Asian Indian doctors.  None use American colloquialisms and slang like you.

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Yes, they proposed student debt relief and wealth redistribution by increasing taxes on the uber wealthy.  Did you miss that?

Those measures seem ineffective if most Americans are an unexpected expense of $400 away from bankruptcy. That’s not much leeway. Maybe it’s just Kamala being inaccurate with her words. It happens. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Those measures seem ineffective if most Americans are an unexpected expense of $400 away from bankruptcy. That’s not much leeway. Maybe it’s just Kamala being inaccurate with her words. It happens. 

It's a start and would help some.  What do you propose Biden do?  Would you be in favor of guaranteed income.  Higher Minimum wage?

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

I think she was incorrect with her words if she would’ve said something to the effect of people are living paycheck to paycheck and her $400 away from being in extreme financial difficulty. I think that would’ve been more accurate.

Kamala Harris is not a great vice president

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You know, I've worked with many Asian Indian doctors.  None use American colloquialisms and slang like you.

There's your answer right there.  My dad also didn't use them.

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

No, she was correct.  61% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a $400 emergency.