Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, you mean the CONTINUATION of the Trump tariffs that drove up the cost of my new fridge?

Is there a free trader anywhere among the Republican candidates?? Please find me one.

In order for there to be free trade, there has to be fair trade, ie., both sides have to play fair.

Have you ever been to China?

Have you seen what they do to American products sold there?

Of course that doesn't include the products they stole and knocked off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seems like I'm seeing a lot less traffic on transit road and Niagara falls Blvd this year. Also, why have corporations like Nike, Target and Home Depot slashed their earnings forecast for the year? With the economy doing so well. 

These statistics that liberals are hanging onto saying the economy is doing well are fake. The administration is manipulating statistics to make the economy look good on paper.

It's all smoke and mirrors. This economy sucks. The administration is messing up the energy industry and they are messing up the auto makers and the trickle down is rising prices at the supermarket. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

In order for there to be free trade, there has to be fair trade, ie., both sides have to play fair.

Have you ever been to China?

Have you seen what they do to American products sold there?

Of course that doesn't include the products they stole and knocked off.

So ... you disagree with another poster who quoted an article saying that we need to eliminate all these "buy American" things, and you favor a "buy American" thing?

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

no… what’s the stigma and negative impact of the sale? I must be missing something.

We’ve now had 4 and drive them until they start to break. They drive great, corner well, tanks, safe, reliable, etc. 

Bimmers are for people who consider driving fun. 

They aren’t much more expensive than any other decent sporty car. 

BMW's are great cars, I almost purchased a 540 in 2019 (bought an A6 instead) and have recently lobbied my wife to purchase a 440 convertible.

The stigma is that generally people feel BMW drivers are aggressive on the road and drive too fast.  What you consider fun, others on the road may consider dangerous or just rude.  I understand the cars are sporty and as such owners of them often drive fast.  That has led to negative feelings in the public regarding the brand.  I'm sure you have heard the jokes regarding BMW's and turn signals not working among other comments.

In conversations with my neighbor/BMW GM he indicated that the brand has great loyalty among owners but often struggles with negative sentiment among consumers due to the beforementioned reasons.  We found it interesting that a car company with a good product, engaging marketing and competitive price point is negatively impacted by the brands current owners use of the product.  In his words this often leads to lost sales as some consumers will not even consider the brand in their purchasing decision.

My wife as an example refuses to purchase a 440 convertible (even though we could get a great deal through him) because she has a negative view of owners of the brand.  She will likely end up purchasing an S5 even though the BMW is the superior product.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Precision said:

BMW's are great cars, I almost purchased a 540 in 2019 (bought an A6 instead) and have recently lobbied my wife to purchase a 440 convertible.

The stigma is that generally people feel BMW drivers are aggressive on the road and drive too fast.  What you consider fun, others on the road may consider dangerous or just rude.  I understand the cars are sporty and as such owners of them often drive fast.  That has led to negative feelings in the public regarding the brand.  I'm sure you have heard the jokes regarding BMW's and turn signals not working among other comments.

In conversations with my neighbor/BMW GM he indicated that the brand has great loyalty among owners but often struggles with negative sentiment among consumers due to the beforementioned reasons.  We found it interesting that a car company with a good product, engaging marketing and competitive price point is negatively impacted by the brands current owners use of the product.  In his words this often leads to lost sales as some consumers will not even consider the brand in their purchasing decision.

My wife as an example refuses to purchase a 440 convertible (even though we could get a great deal through him) because she has a negative view of owners of the brand.  She will likely end up purchasing an S5 even though the BMW is the superior product.

crazy how perception dictates reality.  Its all Volkswagen. the largest auto company in the world.

9 minutes ago, Precision said:

Had never heard the association with reckless drivers.

But I see the phenomenon for sure of brand image problems resulting from your users’ behaviors…. 

I was pointing one out to redtail the other day… in UK Stella is considered the wife beater beer, I’m sure that hurts sales. 

17 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

crazy how perception dictates reality.  Its all Volkswagen. the largest auto company in the world.

BMW ≠ Volkswagen 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... you disagree with another poster who quoted an article saying that we need to eliminate all these "buy American" things, and you favor a "buy American" thing?

Is it possible for you to not extend what I said with something I didn't?

What I said is that China has tilted the trade table far in its favor vis a vis the US, and when that occurs, response is reasonable and necessary.

Walk around Beijing or Shanghai and find the prices charged for genuine US products.

It's outrageous how they put tariffs on them, and that doesn't even address the piracy they practice in producing patented US goods.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I never understood that Bim-mini

marriage… 

for what they charge for cars these days qualify issue are unconscionable! 

British quality control.

We used to be able to say that American made cars, but thankfully those days are long over. But the British are sticking to their ways!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

It is crazy for sure!  

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. That's Audi. Or even Porsche.

But not BMW.

Now, Mini Cooper = BMW. With really bad quality control, that is.

Hey, stop picking on my overpriced A6 Beetle!

Edited by Precision
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Had never heard the association with reckless drivers.

But I see the phenomenon for sure of brand image problems resulting from your users’ behaviors…. 

I was pointing one out to redtail the other day… in UK Stella is considered the wife beater beer, I’m sure that hurts sales. 

BMW ≠ Volkswagen 

Maybe it's a New England thing?  I keep showing her pictures of the 440 and she likes it until she finds out it's a BMW, it's killing me!  Like Chris indicated, perception become reality.

Then again who am I to talk, I would never buy a Harley because it rhymes with farley!

Kidding kidding!

😃

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Precision said:

Maybe it's a New England thing?  I keep showing her pictures of the 440 and she likes it until she finds out it's a BMW, it's killing me!  Like Chris indicated, perception become reality.

No, it's a thing. Audi had a little fun with it a few years ago in one of the best SB commercials that year:

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Still liking it? Great to hear. Corners the same as past bimmers

don’t buy the stigma…. Show offs buy mercs or Lexus, drivers buy bimmers. 

I absolutely love it. I drove two consecutive 5 Series and put about 150,000 miles on each one before getting the i4 electric. I got the electric on somewhat on a whim, just to see how I’d like it. It’s soooo much fun to drive and way cheaper to operate. (The wife drives a gas SUV.)

I have admit I find it funny reading the comments on here. When you live in Southern California there’s no ‘stigma’ with driving anything. But I remember the buy American sentiment when I was growing up in WNY. I guess I assumed that was long ago passed. 

Bidenomics Is a Big Bust

by Stephen Moore

IMG_2825.thumb.jpeg.7dba603e1e2e739b67601663e1eaebc7.jpeg

Word out of the White House is that President Joe Biden wants to tout his economic successes. He’s even embracing the slogan “Bidenomics” — which most people think is a term of as a term of derision and policy flops.

On the one hand, the unemployment rate is low and millions of jobs have been created over the past two years. Reality check: Virtually all of these jobs are simply the recovery of jobs that already existed in the Trump years but were lost during the COVID lockdowns — mostly in blue states. In fact, there are still five states where job totals are lower today than before the pandemic hit. That’s some recovery.

https://hotair.com/stephen-moore/2023/07/04/bidenomics-is-a-big-bust-n562339

Inflation Causes Fourth Of July Cookout Items To Hit Record High: Report.

Average per-person spending on Fourth of July food items rose to $93.34 in 2023 amid persistent inflation, new data from a National Retail Federation (NRF) survey found.

The figure is the highest ever recorded by the NRF since the survey began in 2003, marking a $9.22 increase since last year when the individual cost averaged out to $84.12. The survey, conducted from June 1st to June 7th, fielded responses from 8,225 consumers.

The Biden Administration boasted last year that the cost had dropped sixteen cents, though that wasn’t actually true. Still, in a few years, when we’re eating bugburgers and bugdogs cooked over a solar cooker, we’ll look back on July 4, 2023 as luxurious.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/inflation-causes-fourth-of-july-cookout-items-to-hit-record-high-report

Americans, particularly working- and middle-class Americans, are poorer today than they were during the Trump administration.

Bidenomics Spin vs. Economic Reality

By ANDY PUZDER

joe-biden-bidenomics.jpg?w=789

President Biden is on a “Bidenomics” tour, trumpeting what he claims are his administration’s economic gains. His effort comes as no surprise. In the RealClearPolitics average of the polls, only about 38 percent of Americans approve of Biden’s job on the economy. To date, the Biden administration’s efforts to convince Americans otherwise have fallen way short of the mark. The problems lie not with Biden’s rhetoric but rather with his policies — and economic reality.        

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/07/bidenomics-spin-vs-economic-reality/

On 7/4/2023 at 11:15 AM, B-Man said:

Inflation Causes Fourth Of July Cookout Items To Hit Record High: Report.

Average per-person spending on Fourth of July food items rose to $93.34 in 2023 amid persistent inflation, new data from a National Retail Federation (NRF) survey found.

The figure is the highest ever recorded by the NRF since the survey began in 2003, marking a $9.22 increase since last year when the individual cost averaged out to $84.12. The survey, conducted from June 1st to June 7th, fielded responses from 8,225 consumers.

The Biden Administration boasted last year that the cost had dropped sixteen cents, though that wasn’t actually true. Still, in a few years, when we’re eating bugburgers and bugdogs cooked over a solar cooker, we’ll look back on July 4, 2023 as luxurious.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/inflation-causes-fourth-of-july-cookout-items-to-hit-record-high-report

$93 per person? That’s swanky