T.Henry will play...

webtoe

Law came out and called Belicheck a liar last year; and that was probably the nicest thing he said. He even said he couldn't see himself playing for the Pats again.

Amazingly, he found it in his heart to forgive an forget and show up and play. Of course in the end it was all generated by self interest as he knew he had to play to increase his value after he was released the following year.

In the end, Henry will play and he will keep his mouth shut in order to maximize his value next year.

Law came out and called Belicheck a liar last year; and that was probably the nicest thing he said.  He even said he couldn't see himself playing for the Pats again. 

Amazingly, he found it in his heart to forgive an forget and show up and play.  Of course in the end it was all generated by self interest as he knew he had to play to increase his value after he was released the following year.

In the end, Henry will play and he will keep his mouth shut in order to maximize his value next year.

319379[/snapback]

But... but... Belichick is a genius who knew exactly what he was doing.

Donahoe, on the other hand, is a smug, self-satisfied moron.

[/sarcasm]

I would say that Henry's beef runs a little deeper than what Ty Law went through last season. I see this thing getting ugly. We should have taken what we could get and been done with it. I have a bad feeling Henry wants to upset the apple cart in every way.

I would say that Henry's beef runs a little deeper than what Ty Law went through last season. I see this thing getting ugly. We should have taken what we could get and been done with it. I have a bad feeling Henry wants to upset the apple cart in every way.

319500[/snapback]

One guy can't ruin the apple cart against 52 men that want to win.

The players won't allow it....And Im sure TH still likes the majority of the players

on this team. His grudge is with management. One year as a backup is not the

end of the world.

Agreed. He will play this year for us.

He's the guy who wanted to extend his deal an extra year because he ran out of cash. He probably can't afford to sit out the year. He'll be there once training camp starts--I have no doubt about it.

319621[/snapback]

He's due to make some nice coin this year, he'll be there to collect.

319500[/snapback]

because????????????

But... but... Belichick is a genius who knew exactly what he was doing.

Donahoe, on the other hand, is a smug, self-satisfied moron.

[/sarcasm]

319426[/snapback]

Wow, you sound more like a New England fan. Go post on their boards.

Law is also a bit brighter than TH has shown himself to be ...

319530[/snapback]

Definitely agree with that assessment. And Ty Law came in to New England as a starter, and won a Superbowl ring. Even if by some miracle TH wins a Superbowl ring this year (crossing my fingers) he would not have been the starter.

Very different situation.

Wow, you sound more like a New England fan.  Go post on their boards.

319642[/snapback]

sar·casm

Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>

Travis will be traded or cut.

319586[/snapback]

I'm with you. I don't want TH being a disruptive presence throughout the season, which he will be whether he's holding out or sitting on the bench pouting.

There seem to be 3 views on TH.

1.People who act like we are giving up hope of a playoff berth if TH is not on the bench ready to save the day.

2.People who are out for a vendetta and insist that the Bills should let TH rot on the bench and honor his contract unless TD can get a 2nd round pick for him.

3.People who want TH traded or cut before opening day. It's time to move on. This team is being built around WM, JP, LE and EM.....not TH.

Count me in as part of view #3.

because???????????????

319638[/snapback]

1) He is a virtual idiot and his agent at least appears to be a rank amateur. He probably thinks that he can force the hand of TD to cut him.

2) Every season, players get hurt in camp. Even proven, great players such as JP. It is likely that the Bills could use that 1 million dollars or so to pay someone who wants to play football for the Buffalo Bills. Who knows, they might even sign a player with a brain.

3) If Travis stays, records indicate that the Bills will simply lose games in which he is the starting RB.

4) He is a sup par player. He is bad at every phase of football, except he can run well in some settings.

5) He is of less value to the Bills than are less costly players. Give me Aiken or Stamer and their unselfish ST contributions over this selfish, stupid dog, a flea bitten do to boot.

6) Ralph will want to puke at the thought of this miscreant and will NOT be paying him this kind of money.

Was that OK? :lol:

I'm with you.  I don't want TH being a disruptive presence throughout the season, which he will be whether he's holding out or sitting on the bench pouting.

There seem to be 3 views on TH.

1.People who act like we are giving up hope of a playoff berth if TH is not on the bench ready to save the day.

2.People who are out for a vendetta and insist that the Bills should let TH rot on the bench and honor his contract unless TD can get a 2nd round pick for him.

3.People who want TH traded or cut before opening day.  It's time to move on.  This team is being built around WM, JP, LE and EM.....not TH.

Count me in as part of view #3.

319674[/snapback]

I fully agree, and #1 is hilarious!!!!! :lol::lol:

Law came out and called Belicheck a liar last year; and that was probably the nicest thing he said.  He even said he couldn't see himself playing for the Pats again. 

Amazingly, he found it in his heart to forgive an forget and show up and play.  Of course in the end it was all generated by self interest as he knew he had to play to increase his value after he was released the following year.

319379[/snapback]

No, what you don't understand is the right thing to do would have been for New England to trade him for a bag of footballs instead of keeping a disgruntled player.

All thesereasons are certainly OK, but for each one of them there is good reason to have a differing view of the outcome of the situation, view them as not applying orsimply judge them to be wrong:

1) He is a virtual idiot and his agent at least appears to be a rank amateur. He probably thinks that he can force the hand of TD to cut him.

He clearly is an enchilada short of a combo platter mentally, but many athetes are.  The Bills have been great benficiaries of his past lack of fiscal acumen and his agents failings (we own him for an extra year for NFL chump change).  There is as much reason to assume the Bills will be able to manipulate the situation to their advantage as to assume they will get screwed by Henry and in fact since playing the Bills game is the only option Henry has that gets him tp a big contract because throwing a hissy-fit gives him nothing fiscally, there is good reason to assume that the lack of intellect will be used to our advantage.

2) Every season, players get hurt in camp. Even proven, great players such as JP. It is likely that the Bills could use that 1 million dollars or so to pay someone who wants to play football for the Buffalo Bills. Who knows, they might even sign a player with a brain.

Fine and if we can use the $1 million to land a former Peo Bowl producer like a James or Alexander I'm all for it. However, in the absence of any specific suggestion of a better doable option, former Pro Bowler Henry seems like the best available option for our #2 RB.

3) If Travis stays, records indicate that the Bills will simply lose games in which he is the starting RB. 

I haven't totalled up his record as a starter, but certainly in his first three years and the first 4 games of last year it probably tracks that of the Bills, In his fist three years Henry was actually more responsible for the wins than for the losses and the record shows this. In '04, Henry was certainly the starter in the 0-4 start, but one has to bend reality to link each loss primarily to his failures (as you and others seem to do as for instance one might indict him for not gaining 200 yards against a tough Jax D as the reason for the loss, but a complete power outage by rhw D on the last Jax drive is a better explanation. Henry's record as a Bills pales in comparison to WM's positives but he was a hero on this team for two years with reason and that is where rationality is.

4) He is a sup par player. He is bad at every phase of football, except he can run well in some settings.

I don't think anyone with a rational football view ranks him as sub par. he is far from perfect, but racked up 1300+ yards rushing in two years for real reasons.  He is not bad at every phase of the game besides rushing some settings as:

1. The 13000+ yards in two years indicates successfully rushing in multiple settings.

2, When enployed as a receiver in Kevin Killdrive's O in 2002 before it got predictable and 1 dimensional he was quite good at receiving hauling in 40+ catches.

3. He did suck at the losing funbles phase of the game the year he coughed up 9 or so, but he improved this aspect of his game so this phase does not suck.

4. Like most rookies he had blitz pick-up issues as a rookie leading to even a bad sack of the elusive Flutie in his rookie year. However, his blitz pick-ups were a non-issue his second and third year as he proved not to suck at this phase of the game by solving this problem to the extent it became a non-issue his 2nd abd rd year only to resurface last year as posters looked for reasons to cut him.

5) He is of less value to the Bills than are less costly players. Give me Aiken or Stamer and their unselfish ST contributions over this selfish, stupid dog, a flea bitten do to boot.

His cap hit of $1.25 million is relative chump change in the NFL particularly for a #2 RB.  Due to WMs injury, having him as a back-up provides far more value to the Bills than having Stamer back-up the reliable Spikes or than a fellow who may be out #4 or #5 WR.

6) Ralph will want to puke at the thought of this miscreant and will NOT be paying him this kind of money.

My sense is that Ralph probably just wants to win baby.

If folks invest in hero worship of athletes then Henry ain't your guy.  However, if you want to just play football and don't care what type of music he likes or have no plans to date Henry, then i doubt you care.

Was that OK?  :lol:

319675[/snapback]

Otherwise its OK by me.