Another Travis post: people forget that

Travis had to spend the majority of his college career behind higher touted Jamal Lewis. What did he do? he became the all-time leading rusher in Tennessee history, a couple times coming in for the injured Lewis and excelling.

Granted, times have changed, and Travis feels he was punked. But he has done this before, for LONG periods of time, and has been ready to play and then performed.

All he really has to do now is fire his agent, let that guy mend fences, get pissed and come out and play.

I don't think that TH likes the taste of being a backup.  But if I were he, I would love my spot and I would enjoy sitting behind a great back who may get injured, and then get in there and dominate with fresh legs.

319358[/snapback]

if travis, or any of our players, likes the taste of being a backup then they should be cut!

I don't think that TH likes the taste of being a backup.  But if I were he, I would love my spot and I would enjoy sitting behind a great back who may get injured, and then get in there and dominate with fresh legs.

319358[/snapback]

I guarantee you Travis Henry did not like the taste of sitting behind Jamal Lewis either and thought he was a better player and should be starting. Whether that is true or not (which it isn't) doesn't matter. He bit his lip and he played when his number was called. In fact, I believe one year Lewis got hurt early and Travis came in and was the starter for most of the year, did great, and then had to come back and give up his starter's position to Lewis the next season. The point is, he has gone through this same basic feeling for three full years and produced when called upon. I would expect he could do it again regardless of how much he feels slighted.

Another thing is fellow NFL players. They know ALL about money, and a lot of times they will not begrudge a teammate who sits out or renegotiates even though it is hurting themselves and their team not having that guy. What I cannot imagine them putting up with is Travis just being a punk for what they would consider not a great reason because it's obvious he cannot sit out and get more money. That would not be an acceptable stance to take. And some of those guys like TKO and Milloy and Vincent and Fletcher and Adams may just be able to intimidate Travis in the locker room into not being such a baby. Look at what happened last year? It certainly didn't seem to hurt the team to have Travis not happy.

I just want resolution: either keep him as a back-up or find a trading partner. Either way, I would like to move on.

319590[/snapback]

I don't see a problem ...... he is our backup running back (at this point in time), unless you are just anti Henry, you should be happy with that fact. If a deal comes along that will better our team, and only cost us our back-up, we will need to jump on it ............ but unless the deal betters our team, we just don't need to move Henry.

I must admit I'm a Henry fan (glad to have Willis starting, but a Henry fan non-the-less) ......... but we could do a lot worse for a backup then Travis. While I agree that he is gone next season ..... we have to play THIS season, we don't need to dump Henry just to dump him, he can play a role this year.

and before everybody jumps on the cancer in the locker room spiel .... knock it off ... nothing in Travis's history indicates such behavior.

At some point KTD, we can discuss a VERY SMALL wager as to whether or not Travis starts the season on the Bills.  :lol:

319605[/snapback]

I wouldn't say he was going to be on the team. I have no idea. I believe that TD will keep him until he gets what TD considers a good offer, the same as he has always said. I don't know, and TD doesn't know, and Travis doesn't know, if that offer will materialize or not. If one doesn't, he will be on the team IMO.

I don't see a problem ...... he is our backup running back (at this point in time), unless you are just anti Henry, you should be happy with that fact. If a deal comes along that will better our team, and only cost us our back-up, we will need to jump on it ............ but unless the deal betters our team, we just don't need to move Henry.

I must admit I'm a Henry fan (glad to have Willis starting, but a Henry fan non-the-less) ......... but we could do a lot worse for a backup then Travis. While I agree that he is gone next season ..... we have to play THIS season, we don't need to dump Henry just to dump him, he can play a role this year.

and before everybody jumps on the cancer in the locker room spiel .... knock it off ... nothing in Travis's history indicates such behavior.

319618[/snapback]

It's just feels like a report I have to get done that's just sitting there. I cannot stand it and want something done about it. I am an impatient person.

I wouldn't say he was going to be on the team. I have no idea. I believe that TD will keep him until he gets what TD considers a good offer, the same as he has always said. I don't know, and TD doesn't know, and Travis doesn't know, if that offer will materialize or not. If one doesn't, he will be on the team IMO.

319656[/snapback]

He released Edwards outright; a smart move because he just flat out sucked.

It is ironic that some of the same people who are in a tizzy today when anybody says anything negative about TD were beside themselves, shouting that we should have got something for him.

I am saying that if TD does not like any trade offers, he will cut him. It makes sense. If TH was cut, a GM who made an "insulting or insufficient" offer might then have to compete with other teams/salary offers to obtain his services.

Am I being clear at all?

I'm sick of TH posts. I don't care what they do with him or what he did in the past or what he will do in the future. It's a big distraction and this is all TD's fault. Get rid of him now. They can cut him if they have to. All this fuss over an often injured, BACKUP RB. Insanity rules.