Belichick* drafts Mac Jones

17 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Do you think he is the answer for the Patriots?    

No he’s arguably the worst qb in the division now and he has two well run organizations in the Dolphins and Bills to deal with now something in the 20 years he had Mr Brady he never had to deal with before 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

I was thrilled when the Bears moved up to get Fields.  I think he could have been dangerous w/ the Pats.

Mac Jones was kind of the consolation prize for them.  I see their fans rationalizing that "he should have gone at #3!", but that was just a smokescreen all along.

He's never been pressured in the pocket.  I think the chances that he adjusts to real pressure - and the "other" pressure of trying to follow the GOAT - are slim.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I was thrilled when the Bears moved up to get Fields.  I think he could have been dangerous w/ the Pats.

Mac Jones was kind of the consolation prize for them.  I see their fans rationalizing that "he should have gone at #3!", but that was just a smokescreen all along.

He's never been pressured in the pocket.  I think the chances that he adjusts to real pressure - and the "other" pressure of trying to follow the GOAT - are slim.

That's one of the dumbest rationalizations I've ever heard. 

• Like (+1) 2

Listening to the Pats morons on radio. They have this crazy theory that Josh will flame out this year because he can't play with crowd noise. They feel he improved in 2020 because of empty stadiums. Christ, what a pathetic a fan base. Oh, and Mac will be as good as Brady pronto. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Listening to the Pats morons on radio. They have this crazy theory that Josh will flame out this year because he can't play with crowd noise. They feel he improved in 2020 because of empty stadiums. Christ, what a pathetic a fan base. Oh, and Mac will be as good as Brady pronto. 

Some of our own fans worry about this.  

I do think crowd noise hurt him in the KC game with his changes at the line, but he’ll adjust just fine with that and Josh was the least of our problems that game.  

His best game prior to 2020 was arguably Thanksgiving Day against a full capacity crowd in Dallas.   Dallas isn’t Arrowhead, but still.. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I do think crowd noise hurt him in the KC game with his changes at the line, but he’ll adjust just fine with that and Josh was the least of our problems that game.  

His best game prior to 2020 was arguably Thanksgiving Day against a full capacity crowd in Dallas.   Dallas isn’t Arrowhead, but still.. 

Maybe, but not any more than it hurt other QBs. Arrowhead is one loud bowl for sure. If Josh has shown us anything it's his ability to work on his short comings and make them strengths.

53 minutes ago, Success said:

Agreed. I was sure that the Pats were going to get Fields, and it concerned me. Mac Jones doesn't frighten me. I don't care how smart he is, I saw consistent under-throws in games and during his pro-day. The guy had 4 first rounders making him look good.

I think Mac Jones could do quite well in New England. Of course I hope he bombs but I think he’s a good fit for their offense. Short pass game, lot of check down offense. I think they can be very effective with him being the game manager type 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Off-season played out as well as I could’ve hoped re: AFCE QB’s...

Wanted Lawrence and Watson nowhere near our division.  

Im not sold on any QBs outside Trevor, but Lance and Fields scare me the most.  

Someone said Wilson is just Drew Lock from a private school and I can’t unsee it now.  

Mac Jones, meh. 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Another dumb belief.  As I've said before, crowd noise doesn't affect accuracy, which was Josh's main issue his first 2 years.  It also doesn't affect receivers getting open.  And it's odd that lack of crowd noise didn't help any other young QB last year (outside of arguably Burrow and Herbert).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe, but not any more than it hurt other QBs. Arrowhead is one loud bowl for sure. If Josh has shown us anything it's his ability to work on his short comings and make them strengths.

I think the empty stadiums hurt defenses league wide. If our D gets back to 2019 form they will pick up any slack.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Some our "fans" are actually in P*ts fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No he’s arguably the worst qb in the division now and he has two well run organizations in the Dolphins and Bills to deal with now something in the 20 years he had Mr Brady he never had to deal with before 

Dolphins haven't shown anything to be considered "well run"

Patriots won 7 games with "SHAM" Newton as he threw 8 TD passes. Pats had 8 opt outs and not much help on the offensive side of the ball. Tight ends caught the least in the league for them. With all that being said the Bills barely beat them in one of those games. I can't imagine them being worse this season. Even if Jones is a game manager behind a strong run game and strong defense and strong coaching staff I wouldn't blow them off.