I wonder if RWS will cheer TH

"Travis knows how we feel about him," Mularkey said. "We've given him the opportunity to (seek a trade) because he earned that, and we have respect for what he's done for this organization.

"It's not granted to everybody who comes knocking on the door. He knows we're here, that we'd like to have him back, and he knows the situation that's available to him. Now whether that's acceptable or not ..."

"Travis knows how we feel about him," Mularkey said. "We've given him the opportunity to (seek a trade) because he earned that, and we have respect for what he's done for this organization.

"It's not granted to everybody who comes knocking on the door. He knows we're here, that we'd like to have him back, and he knows the situation that's available to him. Now whether that's acceptable or not ..."

318987[/snapback]

If he's still on the team my guess is that the initial fan reaction would be strongly negative. That could change depending on what he says between now and then, but my guess is he isn't going to help himself. I see many rants in his near future. This will all be the teams fault, no blame falling on poor Travis. :o

That said, if he's still on the team and if he churns out a couple nice runs or God forbid blocks someone then the jeers could quickly turn to cheers.

I hope he isn't here. That bridge is ruined beyond repair IMO, but we'll just have to sit back and wait.

Remember that if/when Henry comes back, his first crowd respomse opportunity as a Bill will likely be him coming into a game as the #2 for WM.

There will certainly be the usual diverse crowd reactions as some Bills worshippers will greet him with cheers as he is a Bill and others will give him grief because like the rest of the players he will be an overpaid athlete.

The biggest driver of course will be the game situation. The Bills will likekly be in mid drive and most will not notice the RB switch and those who do will be mostly focused on the team's down and distance rather than the personailities.

If he comes in to replace a wounded WM out with a nick, the fan reaction will mostly be driven by concern for WM and wanting the Bills to rebound.

In general, I think it will be a non-issue where reaction will quickly be determined by how TH does on his first few plays. If he gets a big gain or scores a TD likely all will be forgotten and forgiven.

It doesn't really matter. If his first carry is a good gain they will cheer, if it is a loss or lackluster they will grumble, same as most everyone else. I expect his initial reaction to be RJ-esque. Some people will grumble and boo and some people will cheer, perhaps half and half.