Tucker Carlson

T&C

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i'd call it illuminating and fact based.  Did you read this part?  do you dispute it?

"Across America, the partisan gap in gross domestic product per capita is also huge and growing: $77,900 in Democratic-voting areas, compared with $46,600 in Republican-voting areas. Antlers and Pushmataha County are hardly alone: 444 Republican counties have a GDP per capita of under $30,000, and 10 times as many people live in those counties than in the seven similarly low-GDP Democratic counties. Whites in about 40% of all Republican counties lost income over the past two decades. And Trump’s administration was no help to his base. During his presidency, the overall Democrat–Republican GDP per capita gap widened by another $1,800."

Where do you think I met them?   worked with the public for my entire career.

I dont know what city you live in . But lets take NYC cause its close. 

"26.4% of Bronx, NY residents had an income below the poverty level in 2019, which was 50.6% greater than the poverty level of 13.0% across the entire state of New York. Taking into account residents not living in families, 25.8% of high school graduates and 54.2% of non high school graduates live in poverty."

In New York City, where the boom in Wall Street has filled the city's coffers with tax revenues and led to the gentrification of many neighborhoods and a huge growth in luxury goods spending, 1.8 million people, or 24.3 percent of the city's population, remain “officially” poor

https://www.welfareinfo.org/poverty-rate/new-york/compare-counties/

But then again, you figure in wall street and the rich parts, it drives that average up and helps sell that false argument.

Edited by Chris farley

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I dont know what city you live in . But lets take NYC cause its close. 

"26.4% of Bronx, NY residents had an income below the poverty level in 2019, which was 50.6% greater than the poverty level of 13.0% across the entire state of New York. Taking into account residents not living in families, 25.8% of high school graduates and 54.2% of non high school graduates live in poverty."

In New York City, where the boom in Wall Street has filled the city's coffers with tax revenues and led to the gentrification of many neighborhoods and a huge growth in luxury goods spending, 1.8 million people, or 24.3 percent of the city's population, remain “officially” poor

https://www.welfareinfo.org/poverty-rate/new-york/compare-counties/

But then again, you figure in wall street and the rich parts and it makes that 77900 number work as its the average.

think bigger...https://data.ers.usda.gov/reports.aspx?ID=17826

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.yesmagazine.org/economy/2022/03/21/republican-conservative-america-angry

amazing timing for this debate.  btw, you can disagree with the author but it's clear that he is an extremely skilled writer.

I think Stephen King is a great writer, or was at one time.  When I read The Stand in college…man, I couldn’t tear myself away. 

This guy strikes me as similar to TC, Maddow etc with a different method of delivery.   I’d think some of his facts are accurate, some  not so much, and at the end of the day, it’s a buyer beware scenario with a healthy dose of make believe mixed in. 

It is an interesting debate though, that the segment of the population historically represented as financially disenfranchised, and at risk financially and physically is actually thriving and doing quite well.  This takes us back to misinformation, lies and manipulation of the American voter, it would seem (again) by dem leadership constantly adopting the rich v poor argument but misrepresenting the players? 

Perhaps the student loan buyout should be shifted and reimagined for folks in real need, not those really in need of not wanting to pay off their loan, or needing a new iPhone or way to pay off their mortgage.

The author uses the term “canard”, and it seems to fit, though not in the manner suggested. 

• Like (+1) 1

its still taking in the insanely rich parts of big cities to hide the immense poverty in them.

its why the talking heads always stick to the state level as going by county shows things like gun crime per capita/ poverty rates/ victim rates are glossed over.

It makes some points, it also uses wide brushes and good writing to get to its narrative.

And although the GDP numbers of states or cities show nice averages. when you break it down, it tells another story.

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

kinda sounds like "forbid", huh?  and trump was joking about using bleach for covid...

Shh, there is bleach in the water. don't tell anyone.

Edited by Chris farley

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think Stephen King is a great writer, or was at one time.  When I read The Stand in college…man, I couldn’t tear myself away. 

This guy strikes me as similar to TC, Maddow etc with a different method of delivery.   I’d think some of his facts are accurate, some  not so much, and at the end of the day, it’s a buyer beware scenario with a healthy dose of make believe mixed in. 

It is an interesting debate though, that the segment of the population historically represented as financially disenfranchised, and at risk financially and physically is actually thriving and doing quite well.  This takes us back to misinformation, lies and manipulation of the American voter, it would seem (again) by dem leadership constantly adopting the rich v poor argument but misrepresenting the players? 

Perhaps the student loan buyout should be shifted and reimagined for folks in real need, not those really in need of not wanting to pay off their loan, or needing a new iPhone or way to pay off their mortgage.

The author uses the term “canard”, and it seems to fit, though not in the manner suggested. 

We agree on the student loan part.  Very bad idea.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

No one on the Left took their own statements seriously ??

The year upon year of "Trump didn't win the presidency fairly"  they were just kidding ?

Please, don't question my posts anymore, you have lost that benefit.

Yeah, @redtail hawk oooooof, “no one took it seriously”. 

Probably the most out of touch statement I’ve read here, bar none, all things considered. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yeah, @redtail hawk oooooof, “no one took it seriously”. 

Probably the most out of touch statement I’ve read here, bar none, all things considered. 

What came of it?  Absolutely nothing.  I doubt the minds of more than a few hundred voters were changed one way or the other.  And certainly no significant rabble rousing.  Not so with the Big Lie.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

We agree on the student loan part.  Very bad idea.

But you’re obviously a rich dude, living your rich life, supporting a narrative that doesn’t make sense given the article you just linked to.   It makes sense that you would support the dem platform, demonstrably false according to the writer, because it allows you to avoid paying your fair share while pointing a finger i. The direction of the other guy.  

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

What came of it?  Absolutely nothing.  I doubt the minds of more than a few hundred voters were changed one way or the other.  Not so with the Big Lie.

You’re doubling down on out of touch, so I’m going to have to go with you Rip Van Winkled through the Trump presidency.  

That’s cool.  Odd, but cool.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But you’re obviously a rich dude, living your rich life, supporting a narrative that doesn’t make sense given the article you just linked to.   It makes sense that you would support the dem platform, demonstrably false according to the writer, because it allows you to avoid paying your fair share while pointing a finger i. The direction of the other guy.  

not nearly as glamorous as you imagine.  I'm posting here, right?   I've paid plenty of taxes.  I'm in the group that doesn't qualify for huge write offs.  Speaking of voting interests, it would be really satisfying if more poor folks would see that voting D is more in their economic interest than huge tax breaks for the very few.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

maybe because no one took it seriously and it didn't incite a violent insurrection?  just a thought.

So you’re saying left wingers don’t commit mass amounts of violence?  Why then weee there federal troops guarding the capitol during 2020? What would have happened had they not been there? 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re doubling down on out of touch, so I’m going to have to go with you Rip Van Winkled through the Trump presidency.  

That’s cool.  Odd, but cool.  

watch out. next they will run with people that use the word "out of touch" are just using a new term for elitist. 

I loved the part about having knowledge of poor people because they volunteer at a food bank or "Worked with the community."

it's the "I got a black friend " reply. LMAO

the left preaches diversity. but they do NOT mean diversity of though, experience or idea. ONLY SEX and skin color. 

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

not nearly as glamorous as you imagine.  I'm posting here, right?   I've paid plenty of taxes.  I'm in the group that doesn't qualify for huge write offs.  Speaking of voting interests, it would be really satisfying if more poor folks would see that voting D is more in their economic interest than huge tax breaks for the very few.

you should head down to that part of town and start knocking on doors.  and when you dont have the time. just fill out their mail in form for them. its the current thing. and your helping them.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So you’re saying left wingers don’t commit massive amounts of violence?  Why then weee there federal troops guarding the capitol during 2020? What would have happened had they not been there? 

Not in réponse to Biden saying "I think he won it".

Why is two wrongs don't make a right so difficult to accept?

Edited by redtail hawk

24 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

And here we go again. Yet another poster who wrongly believes that the amount of tax paid by ‘rich people’ has any impact on their own economic standing. While it may impact the national debt, the amount of tax paid by Bill Gates has virtually zero impact on me, you, or anyone else. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Me too.  I’m not opposed to paying taxes and think it’s a duty one has to the country and his/her fellow citizen.  I don’t think that precludes me from having an opinion on how that system plays out though. 

As for you, again, following the narrative, the fact that you have paid plenty of taxes doesn’t mean you’ve paid a fair share relative to the less fortunate R voters living in squalor in Okeyhoma.  Likely, you should have done much, much more and it probably would not have impacted your lifestyle to any great degree. 

Beside that, what you’re advocating for is for people to vote for politicians manufacturing a story about who the poor and victimized really are, at least according to the story you linked. 

I believe if someone will lie for you, they will lie to you.  The picture you’re painting isn’t a positive one where trust has been earned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Political violence is political violence especially when four years of gaslighting a country into believing the president was a Russian asset. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Me too.  I’m not opposed to paying taxes and think it’s a duty one has to the country and his/her fellow citizen.  I don’t think that precludes me from having an opinion on how that system plays out though. 

As for you, again, following the narrative, the fact that you have paid plenty of taxes doesn’t mean you’ve paid a fair share relative to the less fortunate R voters living in squalor in Okeyhoma.  Likely, you should have done much, much more and it probably would not have impacted your lifestyle to any great degree. 

Beside that, what you’re advocating for is for people to vote for politicians manufacturing a story about who the poor and victimized really are, at least according to the story you linked. 

I believe if someone will lie for you, they will lie to you.  The picture you’re painting isn’t a positive one where trust has been earned. 

4 words: "I voted for Bernie".

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And here we go again. Yet another poster who wrongly believes that the amount of tax paid by ‘rich people’ has any impact on their own economic standing. While it may impact the national debt, the amount of tax paid by Bill Gates has virtually zero impact on me, you, or anyone else. 

impacting the national debt isn't important now?

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

hundreds were arrested in the Pink hat/Resist march at trumps swearing in.  and it only got worse from there. 

Laffyatte square?

How many died, suffered in the DEMS summer of rage in the middle of a global pandemic?  that was organized and had its ground game put on by a private company that still has not disclosed its donors. but the internet does keep receipts and many huge sources donated big money to that group, publicly.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

impacting the national debt isn't important now?

Not in the debate you were having. No it definitely is not. The classic liberal crap….if we just tax the heck out of the rich, my life will magically be better. Yet somehow their lives are never better even after managing to have spent over $30,000,000,000,000 more than we’ve taken in. When exactly does the magic kick in already? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

4 words: "I voted for Bernie".

Oh, then you definitely didn’t cover your fair share, and you’re really comfortable being lied to about who is at a disadvantage, especially given the impetus of the article you enjoyed so much. 

I respect your right to your opinion, but for all the full of $&@@ people in Washington, he’s probably the most full of it.  

• Like (+1) 1