Tucker Carlson

T&C

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

think you onto something. calling people out for elitist attitudes is just the poor's using a term they were told by someone.

Just ask Keith Oberman, he holds the same view. loves to vlog about it from his high-rise apartment overlooking central park.

God forbid that he lives in a high rise apt overlooking Central park!  It's called capitalism but I agree, accumulating wealth dishonestly is not admirable.  I don't think he has.  Let's start a thread on him and discuss.

btw poor is not equal to stupid nor confined to it.

Oh, almost forgot....Tucker!

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

55 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nobody dislikes Republican voters as much as the Republican elites. From the members of Congress, to party officials, to Fox News, they all think that their audience is comprised of rubes and marks who will eat up whatever garbage their told so long as it makes them mad at the right people. 

This is of course true....of BOTH parties.

Now I certainly hope this wasn't a driving force behind why you left the GOP?

Because that would make pretending that this applies to only one side even more hilarious.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Kinda fun to see the usual crowd just defaulting to whataboutism here because they can’t admit that they know they’re being lied to but like it because it makes them feel validated. 

Admitting that elites in both parties hold disdain for their minions is now whataboutism?

Lol. Says our hand waving champion of buryheadinthesandism.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Kinda fun to see the usual crowd just defaulting to whataboutism here because they can’t admit that they know they’re being lied to but like it because it makes them feel validated. 

Right and you haven't been/aren't being lied to constantly by the Dem elites.  :rolleyes:

In this particular case, I believe there was fraud.  But since we can't prove it because there was no voter ID

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

@Doc  Don't you have some lines to place, monitors to watch and ET tubes to insert?  Your multi tasking is impressive.

I'm with a GI doc who is bouncing cases between 2 rooms.  Lots of free time in between, today. 👍

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

so let's start a thread on him😆.  What is your opinion of Tuckers actions re Dominion?   two wrongs don't make a right must not have been a theme from your childhood...and no I don't feel the examples are comparable.

I was taught the adage, and try to live by it.   However, I was also taught to apply reasoned analysis to a scenario and make informed decisions on matters important to me.  

My opinion of Tucker Carlson’s actions is that they are consistent with the type of work he does, the format of his show and in keeping with similar forms of entertainment.   There are times he accurately portrays facts, times he tells part of the story but leaves out other factual information, and that he operates on a for-profit model. 

People like that sort of thing, one side or the other, so it’s popular today. 

I often feel the very same way about other media outlets, and would love to get to a time when pure news was pure news.   Tucker Carlson…Rachel Maddow…Laura Ingram…Chris Cuomo are certainly more flamboyant than a Lester Holt, but that’s the format. 

I don’t watch TC or any others with any regularity, I find negativity drags me down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was taught the adage, and try to live by it.   However, I was also taught to apply reasoned analysis to a scenario and make informed decisions on matters important to me.  

My opinion of Tucker Carlson’s actions is that they are consistent with the type of work he does, the format of his show and in keeping with similar forms of entertainment.   There are times he accurately portrays facts, times he tells part of the story but leaves out other factual information, and that he operates on a for-profit model. 

People like that sort of thing, one side or the other, so it’s popular today. 

I often feel the very same way about other media outlets, and would love to get to a time when pure news was pure news.   Tucker Carlson…Rachel Maddow…Laura Ingram…Chris Cuomo are certainly more flamboyant than a Lester Holt, but that’s the format. 

I don’t watch TC or any others with any regularity, I find negativity drags me down. 

but specifically Dominion.  He's had a major impact on the misinformed opinions of a majority of R's.  How do you feel about that?

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

but specifically Dominion.  He's had a major impact on the misinformed opinions of a majority of R's.  How do you feel about that?

I know I didn't need TC to tell me that the election was a fraud, I only needed a few working brain cels to see that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Swing states led by democrats implemented for the 2020 election what we were told in the previous decades on a bipartisan basis was the most fertile ground for election fraud: mass mail in voting.

And when people had the audacity to question an election held under those fraud promoting conditions in 2020, only THEN did it become verboten to question election results.  This after four years of constant screaming and questioning the 2016 election results without so much as a scolding for doing so.

But, but, but TUCKER CARLSON!!!!!!!

Never change commie leftists.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

She could have.  Dominion execs didn't have that opportunity on Fox.  Today show, really?  C span is live now.

Yes, the Today Show is on a major network, and I’m guessing has a significant female audience. But instead of asking Ms Haley about her journey and experience building an incredible record of public service…the host keeps coming back to Trump, as if she’s not even sitting there. Extremely disrespectful! (And if you think that interview won’t be picked up and replayed with other outlets, you are even more naive than I gave you credit for.) 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, the Today Show is on a major network, and I’m guessing has a significant female audience. But instead of asking Ms Haley about her journey and experience building an incredible record of public service…the host keeps coming back to Trump, as if she’s not even sitting there. Extremely disrespectful! (And if you think that interview won’t be picked up and replayed with other outlets, you are even more naive than I gave you credit for.) 

Didn't see it but do you think her stance on trump is an important question to many voters?

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Well, I reject your declaration that what he has said and/or implied has “…misinformed…a majority of Rs.”.   That’s your characterization, not mine. 

As for his actions specifically, it’s hard for me to get beyond “this is how the game is played” when this sort of thing sets the table for all that follows.  In that regard, I’m apathetic.  It happens.  Politicians do it.  Talking heads do it.   The world spins. 

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversight/letters/warren-klobuchar-wyden-and-pocan-investigate-vulnerabilities-and-shortcomings-of-election-technology-industry-with-ties-to-private-equity

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, I reject your declaration that what he has said and/or implied has “…misinformed…a majority of Rs.”.   That’s your characterization, not mine. 

As for his actions specifically, it’s hard for me to get beyond “this is how the game is played” when this sort of thing sets the table for all that follows.  In that regard, I’m apathetic.  It happens.  Politicians do it.  Talking heads do it.   The world spins. 

https://www.warren.senate.gov/oversight/letters/warren-klobuchar-wyden-and-pocan-investigate-vulnerabilities-and-shortcomings-of-election-technology-industry-with-ties-to-private-equity

Fair enough.  But to think Carlson doesn't have a profound effect on the psyches of many on the right is to declare that B man is nonexistent.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Fair enough.  But to think Carlson doesn't have a round effect on the psyches of many on the right is to declare that B man is nonexistent.

You said “majority”, Slickster, not many.  

I’m less concerned about TC (or Cuomo or Lemon) than I am by lies and misinformation spread by politicians.  Schiff lied through his teeth, Warren suggested that the election was in peril (and imo, set the stage for the stolen election claim that would have followed by Dems had Trump won), and the entire narrative by Ds that Trump was not a legitimately elected president or committed treason.   

I think those people—and if you wish, Trump and stolen election claims—-cause more confusion and problems than any TV host could hope to. 

But…that’s the game.  Had more Dems been outraged by the absurd Russia game, pushed back when that was sad saga ended, and realized how they got played, maybe I’d feel differently.  

@B-Man exists in all his glory!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You said “majority”, Slickster, not many.  

I’m less concerned about TC (or Cuomo or Lemon) than I am by lies and misinformation spread by politicians.  Schiff lied through his teeth, Warren suggested that the election was in peril (and imo, set the stage for the stolen election claim that would have followed by Dems had Trump won), and the entire narrative by Ds that Trump was not a legitimately elected president or committed treason.   

I think those people—and if you wish, Trump and stolen election claims—-cause more confusion and problems than any TV host could hope to. 

But…that’s the game.  Had more Dems been outraged by the absurd Russia game, pushed back when that was sad saga ended, and realized how they got played, maybe I’d feel differently.  

@B-Man exists in all his glory!  

Slickster!!!😀.  Been called lots worse.  But i kinda like it.  if a new user shows up with that moniker, it's me.  Oh, and the difference between the two sides is that one is largely true and the other largely (hugely) false.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1