Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

A good litmus test for the quality of a man is to test their response to this policy. 

Why would kids from financially secure families need free lunch? Why should you and your family, friends(sarcasm), and coworkers have to pay for that lunch? Why should a childless couple that isn’t financially secure pay for the lunch of a well-off student? Is that really how you are going to judge “the quality of a man”? Says more about your judgemental behavior than anything. Sad. Twisted. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Why would kids from financially secure families need free lunch? Why should you and your family, friends(sarcasm), and coworkers have to pay for that lunch? Why should a childless couple that isn’t financially secure pay for the lunch of a well-off student? Is that really how you are going to judge “the quality of a man”? Says more about your judgemental behavior than anything. Sad. Twisted. 

Because it benefits society as a whole to feed kids. Surely even you are smart enough to recognize that. 

Thanks for proving my point though. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Because it benefits society as a whole to feed kids. Surely even you are smart enough to recognize that. 

Thanks for proving my point though. 

How does it benefit society for less well off people to pay for the food of people that can afford it themselves?

Think before you post. You won’t come off so dense.

2 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

How does it benefit society for less well off people to pay for the food of people that can afford it themselves?

Think before you post. You won’t come off so dense.

We pay taxes anyways. It’s much better that my tax dollars pay for kids to eat and do better in school than it is to buy cops another useless toy. 

Wish you’d get new material. Let your boss at the Kremlin know that your insults are staler than discount potato chips. 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We pay taxes anyways. It’s much better that my tax dollars pay for kids to eat and do better in school than it is to buy cops another useless toy. 

Wish you’d get new material. Let your boss at the Kremlin know that your insults are staler than discount potato chips. 

Free food for middle-class kids and up is quite the policy prescription. It’s either that or toys for the police. Sheer brilliance. I imagine out the other side of your mouth you’re saying something about everyone must pay their fair share.

15 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Free food for middle-class kids and up is quite the policy prescription. It’s either that or toys for the police. Sheer brilliance. I imagine out the other side of your mouth you’re saying something about everyone must pay their fair share.

A hungry kid is a hungry kid, no matter what their background is. 

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

His point being, your giving free lunches to the kids who are NOT hungry.

Thank you. I’m sure he knows. 

Like Kamala, I grew up in the middle class. I may have been eating generic peanut butter instead of skippy, but there was no reason for anyone else to buy my lunch. It would have amounted to being sinful. In today’s RoundyWorld, it’s how you judge the “quality of a man”. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Thank you. I’m sure he knows. 

Like Kamala, I grew up in the middle class. I may have been eating generic peanut butter instead of skippy, but there was no reason for anyone else to buy my lunch. It would have amounted to being sinful. In today’s RoundyWorld, it’s how you judge the “quality of a man”. Weird. 

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

His point being, your giving free lunches to the kids who are NOT hungry.

Feed the kids regardless. What is the big deal? Why are you such a miser about it? Why the hell is it “sinful?” Weird. 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Feed the kids regardless. What is the big deal? Why are you such a miser about it? Why the hell is it “sinful?” Weird. 

To accept something you are not entitled to or in need of is wasteful and wrong. Ergo, sinful.  It’s ok that you don’t see it that way. Just keep judging the “quality” of others based on their views on handouts to those that don’t need them. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

To accept something you are not entitled to or in need of is wasteful and wrong. Ergo, sinful.  It’s ok that you don’t see it that way. Just keep judging the “quality” of others based on their views on handouts to those that don’t need them. 

12 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Your using tax payer money to address a problem that doesn't exist. Lower income kids already do get free or reduced lunches.

Instead of picking and choosing, just give the lunch to every kid. More efficient. 

And yes, I believe every kid is entitled to food. 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Instead of picking and choosing, just give the lunch to every kid. More efficient. 

Most probably agree.  Just interesting it wasn't even a topic till corps like Delaware north and Aramark Mark got the contracts to do the cafes in large districts.  

Edited by Tommy Callahan

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

And anyone that disagrees with “free food for kids who’s families can afford to feed them” is an individual of low quality. Outstanding work on your part. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Most probably agree.  Just interesting it wasn't even a topic till corps like Delaware north and Aramark Mark got the contracts to do the cafes in large districts.  

Pretty sure it’s been a topic much longer than that. 

5 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

And anyone that disagrees with “free food for kids who’s families can afford to feed them” is an individual of low quality. Outstanding work on your part. 

Because it’s a bad take and you should feel bad. Just because a kid might have a wealthy family doesn’t necessarily mean they’re getting fed in the morning or a lunch packed. 

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Because it’s a bad take and you should feel bad. Just because a kid might have a wealthy family doesn’t necessarily mean they’re getting fed in the morning or a lunch packed. 

What makes me feel bad is hustlers taking from people of need and people like you approving of it because it’s “more efficient”. All the while imagining yourself to be of higher “quality”. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Then the wealthy parents can give lunch money to child to buy their on lunch 

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly wonder what the bureaucratic / administrative costs of means testing for school lunches would be against the cost of just giving everyone food.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was easier and cheaper to just to give it to every kid instead of trying to determine who qualifies. 

46 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kids don't eat a lot of those school lunches. Tremendous waste.

Just hand out free peanut butter, jelly, and cheapo bread.

You ever see what kids get in like S Korea or France?  I'm sure the examples I happened to be shown were top of the line but I'm sure their average is way above ours nutritionally speaking.

You ask me one of the ways we are failing youth is through diet.  Parents partially to blame here too.

• Like (+1) 1