Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

16 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Not at all.  Trump and MAGAs are the radicals. He has fundamentally changed political decorum and discourse. He has normalized overt lying and corruption.   He has festered doubt in our bedrock institutions. Yeah, I’m for status quo, stability, prudence, honesty, decency. I’d like to think those were status quo pre trump. 

Again your guy Barry gave up the game when he said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America.  That was before Trump/MAGA appeared on the scene.  And the stuff you're saying is what you guys said about milquetoast Romney back in 2012.  It's the same old shooting gallery, just a different target.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again your guy Barry gave up the game when he said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America.  That was before Trump/MAGA appeared on the scene.  And the stuff you're saying is what you guys said about milquetoast Romney back in 2012.  It's the same old shooting gallery, just a different target.

i was listening to scaramucci, katy kay(?) podcast  recently.  scaramucci was all in on trump in 2016.  he has deep regrets as do many others once in his inside circle.  this episode was about hillary losing.  that was the start of all this crap.  he said she was a bad candidate.  couldn't connect with the common people but the biggest reason she lost was that she was "white smacked" for following obama.  white folks, particularly non college educated ones, are aware that whites will become a minority in 2045.  they don't like that.  they also don't like being called deplorable even if true. still, she won the popular vote by 3 mil.  it's a good podcast.  highly recommended.

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i was listening to scaramucci, katy kay(?) podcast  recently.  scaramucci was all in on trump in 2016.  he has deep regrets as do many others once in his inside circle.  this episode was about hillary losing.  that was the start of all this crap.  he said she was a bad candidate.  couldn't connect with the common people but the biggest reason she lost was that she was "white smacked" for following obama.  white folks, particularly non college educated ones, are aware that whites will become a minority in 2045.  they don't like that.  they also don't like being called deplorable even if true. still, she won the popular vote by 3 mil.  it's a good podcast.  highly recommended.

Scaramucci got kicked out of the inside circle in JUly of 2017 on the recommendation of John Kelly but was all in on Trump until August of 2019.  Then he turned on him and became even more of a caricature of himself.  He always reminded me of Joe Pesci.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Scaramucci got kicked out of the inside circle in JUly of 2017 on the recommendation of John Kelly but was all in on Trump until August of 2019.  Then he turned on him and became even more of a caricature of himself.  He always reminded me of Joe Pesci.

he's bright even if from Long Island.  He's an opportunist and player but good at it because he's analytical.  i think he's right on about hillary.  also commented on Jill Stein and Bannon getting big donors to send her money.   trump asked him to be in his cabinet and he refused in 16.  fascinating recollection of election day 16, Giuliani among many other snakes in the grass by his side, celebrating.  trump actually gobsmacked that he won...but he got over it.

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he's bright even if from Long Island.  He's an opportunist and player but good at it because he's analytical.  i think he's right on about hillary.  also commented on Jill Stein and Bannon getting big donors to send her money.   trump asked him to be in his cabinet and he refused in 16.  fascinating recollection of election day 16, Giuliani among many other snakes in the grass by his side, celebrating.  trump actually gobsmacked that he won...but he got over it.

Hillary is just an unlikable person.  Her "deplorables" comment didn't help matters any and Comey saying she was still being investigated right before the election are ultimately what did her in.  And yeah, obviously fewer black people are going to vote for the white candidates.

On the claims of colleges indoctrinating the youth:

The Problem With This Conspiracy Theory Is Reality

"The defining attribute of the modern Republican Party, beyond its devotion to Donald Trump, is a profound lack of confidence in its ability to compete for a majority of the country at large married with an inability to see outside its ideological cocoon. Republicans both reject the idea that voters could have a legitimate dispute with their views and do not seem to believe that they could persuade anyone who disagrees. And so they decide that the public in question has been indoctrinated or brainwashed or led astray, in one way or another, from the supposedly pure light of the Republican Party.

But the truth is so much simpler. Republicans have tied themselves to the far extremes of the conservative movement — and most voters just don’t like it."