Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Why won’t these people assimilate????

I saw a bunch of young women wearing those St Pauli Girl costumes at my local version. Appalling! We should require them to look like Americans in skinny jeans with muffin tops.

16 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Shocking and an absolute game changer. 🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♂️

NJ just shifted from leaning blue to solid blue.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I saw a bunch of young women wearing those St Pauli Girl costumes at my local version. Appalling! We should require them to look like Americans in skinny jeans with muffin tops.

NJ just shifted from leaning blue to solid blue.

REAL Americans wear Celtics jerseys and pajama pants to church 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Dems don't get this. Trumps agenda is listed on his website.

Oh, they get it. They know that trying to tie Trump to this is a good way to scare people.

• Like (+1) 2

NC elections board pass bipartisan resolution to support voting access in WNC

During a meeting Monday, the State Board of Elections voted unanimously on a resolution that provides local county offices more power to ensure voting access.

The resolution, which applies to Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey counties, involves a series of provisions that range from modifying early voting sites and schedules to allowing for additional locations for voters to drop off their absentee ballots.

"Additionally, we know there's going to be challenges regarding maintaining the poll workers at these voting sites, both early voting and election day. So what this resolution allows is county boards, by a bipartisan majority vote, to appoint election officials who are registered in other counties, to appoint emergency election day assistance, to re-assign poll workers to different locations," said Board of Elections General Counsel Paul Cox.

"We really do have two critical issues here. One is to ensure that our citizens have access and that no one is denied the right to vote because of these logistical problems. And second, that we maintain the integrity to ensure that the count is correct," said Alan Hirsch, who serves as the Chair of the Board of Elections.

https://abc11.com/post/2024-election-western-nc-voters-access-bipartisan-resolution-helene-recovery/15400078/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Roundybout said:

And yet she’s up in the polls and climbing. 

The olds don’t realize that time has passed them by.

They see stuff like this and don’t get it because they’re not the target audience. They’ve spent their entire lives being catered to by everyone and it’s confusing and angering that it’s not happening anymore. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Funny clip.

I liked Carlin's logic here.  If you genuinely dislike the choices present you shouldn't feel you have to vote.  Even if it's the lesser painful candidate kind of thing.    

Heck if one doesn't vote for anyone they can complain since they didn't put that person in office 

• Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Funny clip.

I liked Carlin's logic here.  If you genuinely dislike the choices present you shouldn't feel you have to vote.  Even if it's the lesser painful candidate kind of thing.    

Heck if one doesn't vote for anyone they can complain since they didn't put that person in office 

I disagree that you can complain.  And that voting for the lesser painful candidate isn't the right way to go.  There is a choice of two and one of them is going to win.  It's not like by not voting they both go away and you get who you want.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I disagree that you can complain.  And that voting for the lesser painful candidate isn't the right way to go.  There is a choice of two and one of them is going to win.  It's not like by not voting they both go away and you get who you want.

I see it as you make a statement that the choices you're being dealt with are unacceptable.  And the candidate would have to earn my trust to vote for them.  Not take me for granted.