Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

On 6/8/2024 at 12:39 PM, B-Man said:

It wasn't a day for politics but for statesmanship. Normandy is the altar of liberation for Europe, not a campaign stop. 

Honoring Heroes: Reflections of D-Day and Reagan's Legacy

1e6b480e-b5f2-4578-a0c6-6b18591b8758-105

FTA:

Following Reagan's example, let us embrace the human element in our actions, striving to be worthy inheritors. The freedom we enjoy was bought with great sacrifice, but we aren't asked to storm beaches. Instead, we are called to be "good Americans," embodying the enduring principles of freedom, democracy, and service to others.

https://redstate.com/brutalbrittany/2024/06/07/d-day-reagan-library-n2175146

Dead 20 Years, Ronald Reagan Can Still Trigger the Left.

https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2024/09/01/dead-20-years-ronald-reagan-can-still-trigger-the-left-n4932164

9 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

What are your thoughts here? Should this be allowed to be printed? Everything said in here is stupid and threatens the rights of every American. 

It’s a moronic opinion piece and also leagues away from neonazis on Twitter getting 100,000 likes for posting about how Jews faked the holocaust 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

neonazis on Twitter getting 100,000 likes for posting about how Jews faked the holocaust 

You might want to find a mirror and look at Dems that are promoting that bs right now.   Entire reddit subforums about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

It’s a moronic opinion piece and also leagues away from neonazis on Twitter getting 100,000 likes for posting about how Jews faked the holocaust 

I will accept your point that one is worse but where do you draw the line? I will though disagree on this being simply a moronic article, it is dangerous that people with such little intelligence are giving such a prominent place to promote it 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You might want to find a mirror and look at Dems that are promoting that bs right now.   Entire reddit subforums about it.  

Which ones? Please cite your sources since people like @Big Blitz like to post tweets from an account whose bio is “All Jews Are Bastards”

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

A quick google search does not bring this number up affiliated with any organization. Thus, we can conclude this is a staged text conversation. 

All too easy to fool right wingers.

• Eyeroll 1

I got a text saying "Let’s get clear together about the role those of us who are white can play to defeat MAGA...."

Screenshot%202024-09-04%20at%203.40.21%E   Click on to 'embiggen'

I have never before received a communication that addresses me as anything like "those of us who are white." To those of you who think I would want to "get clear together" with people who reach out to include me as one of "those of us who are white," let me be clear completely on my own: Leave me out.

And what do you mean by "get prepared for what comes post-election - no matter the results"?

Here's the Wikipedia page for SURJ — "Showing Up for Racial Justice." It has a warning label that says "This section contains content that is written like an advertisement." I note that "Celina with SURJ Madison" texted me from a Long Island (NY) area code.

Posted by Ann Althouse

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/09/i-got-text-saying-lets-get-clear.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I got a text saying "Let’s get clear together about the role those of us who are white can play to defeat MAGA...."

Screenshot%202024-09-04%20at%203.40.21%E   Click on to 'embiggen'

I have never before received a communication that addresses me as anything like "those of us who are white." To those of you who think I would want to "get clear together" with people who reach out to include me as one of "those of us who are white," let me be clear completely on my own: Leave me out.

And what do you mean by "get prepared for what comes post-election - no matter the results"?

Here's the Wikipedia page for SURJ — "Showing Up for Racial Justice." It has a warning label that says "This section contains content that is written like an advertisement." I note that "Celina with SURJ Madison" texted me from a Long Island (NY) area code.

Posted by Ann Althouse

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/09/i-got-text-saying-lets-get-clear.html

In my teaching life I have seen this multiple times, and usually with female superiors. I had one Principal in particular that was blunt, once told me my lesson "sucked" at the end of my first year. ( It was not good, I don't know if it sucked) She had complaints to HR from almost every women on staff for her bluntness, which the men all were fine with and learned from her. That principal passed on the duties to do visits to the AP with the women and at one point in being candid with me told me she wished all the teachers were males just so she would not have to walk on egg shells. In business world no one told me this but I was in that position where they would share.

• Like (+1) 1