Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

37 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I only have the money for a very special occasion Grand Cru. And those are not getting shared. Sometimes with my wife, but I'll have to think about it.

I'm not a teetotaler, but find myself drinking less and less as I get older.  The world involving anything called anything like "Grand Cru" is completely lost on me.  I have a friend who owns a nice liquor store and when we get together, he's always bringing something for the rest of the group to enjoy.  Sadly, it's all wasted on me.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not Cab Franc.

Petit Verdot, and a bit of small brag, my 2017 grapes produced a wine that won a Silver Medal at the 2021 Virginia Governor's Cup competition.

Not bad for an old fighter guy, but I pay attention to details.

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Not Cab Franc.

Petit Verdot, and a bit of small brag, my 2017 grapes produced a wine that won a Silver Medal at the 2021 Virginia Governor's Cup competition.

Not bad for an old fighter guy, but I pay attention to details.

Very nice. Congrats!

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

As a guy who grows a French Bordeaux grape, I can as well.

Her problem isn't that, it is that she is a goof with no resume that contains achievement, and really bad, and failed, economic ideas.

You actually grow grapes for wine? That is pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You actually grow grapes for wine? That is pretty cool.

It's not that cool.

It's a lot of work.

I started the vineyard in 2006.

It turns out that our property is really good for petit verdot, which is a really full bodied Bordeaux.

Something you should order with with a beef dinner. A major league red.

Benefits from secondary malolactic fermentation, which smooths it out a bit.

We have been very fortunate, but because of the small nature of my vineyard, (1000 vines), which produces about three tons per year, we are able to concentrate on quality, and that has worked out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am actually curious what your point with this is, I clicked on it but it said suspended account

He has no point other than deflection.

26 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am actually curious what your point with this is, I clicked on it but it said suspended account

It was a registered sex offender tweeting about how girls aged 12 were prime age for child bearing. Guess it was deleted, so good job Elon!