Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

On 8/3/2024 at 11:57 PM, Roundybout said:

Laws are good and should be enforced. That said, the root cause of this is building more housing. 

And social programs in general, education funding, jobs programs and grants for employers help. So would a living minimum wage and single payer health care. I mean let's get to the root of the problem, not taxing billionaires enough so that government of the people works for the people.

Well it is easy to see what today's DNC instructions to the lemmings was.

1)  Keep attacking the obvious Tim Walz stolen valor story. Use plenty of whataboutism.

2) Keep repeating the made up fairy tale about JD Vance.

4g.gif

(I post this knowing full well that the truth does not matter to the simpletons here, posting a sex with a couch story is too appealing to their juvenile sides )

Well, since the PPP buffoons insist on some sort of response to their repeating of a lie here it is.

J.D. Vance Gives Off Couch Sex Vibes, Says Man Who Started Joke

The swirling clouds of internet mayhem have parted, and the user behind the rumor that J.D. Vance once got sexual with a sectional has finally broken his silence.

In an interview with Business Insider, “Rick,” or @rickrudescalves (he’s since changed his username for privacy), explained why exactly he was inspired to invent a semi-believable lie that Donald Trump’s running mate had made love to a loveseat.

The day that Trump announced that Vance would be joining his ticket, Rick tweeted, “can’t say for sure but he might be the first vp pick to have admitted in a ny times bestseller to ***** an Inside-out latex glove shoved between two couch cushions (vance, hillbilly elegy, pp. 179-181).”

The story? A work of fiction by a disappointed guy from a working-class background. Rick, a desk worker who said he had a similar upbringing to that which Vance described in his bestselling book, Hillbilly Elegy, said he regarded the Ohio senator from “a place of irreverence if not outright disrespect.”

The page numbers? Plucked from thin air. Rick was referring to authors such as Jorge Luis Borges and John Fowles, who cooked up phony citations to lend literary credibility to their fictional works. “It’s something I’ve found funny my entire life,” Rick said.

Rick’s reasoning for this particular fabrication? He was inspired by Hunter S. Thompson’s anecdote in Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail ’72 about former President Lyndon Johnson starting a rumor that his opponent had sex with his livestock.

When the rumor took off, Rick was surprised and a little overwhelmed. He hid the post within a week, but by then, the idea had already spread like wildfire, with news organizations rushing to fact-check and then subsequently backing off.

https://newrepublic.com/post/184418/man-creator-jd-vance-couch-sex-explains

Some might stop me at this point to note that everybody knows that J. D. Vance didn’t have sex with a couch. It’s a joke; a social media meme, started when someone posted a parody, allegedly from Vance’s memoir Hillbilly Elegy.

These people know, however, that most people don’t follow the genealogy of memes back to their origins. Many people just start to think, “J. D. Vance is sort of a freak; people say he did something with a couch one time.”

The Vance couch meme-posters can have it both ways.

They can kind of do what the Bible describes as deceiving one’s neighbor and then say, “I was only joking!” (Prov. 26:19). Beyond that, they can say, “Well, of course, Vance did not literally have sex with a couch. The point is that Vance is kind of weird; the couch just makes the point.”

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/august-web-only/lie-truth-jd-vance-couch-russell-moore.html

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

(I post this knowing full well that the truth does not matter to the simpletons here, posting a sex with a couch story is too appealing to their juvenile sides )

Well, since the PPP buffoons insist on some sort of response to their repeating of a lie here it is.

J.D. Vance Gives Off Couch Sex Vibes, Says Man Who Started Joke

The swirling clouds of internet mayhem have parted, and the user behind the rumor that J.D. Vance once got sexual with a sectional has finally broken his silence.

In an interview with Business Insider, “Rick,” or @rickrudescalves (he’s since changed his username for privacy), explained why exactly he was inspired to invent a semi-believable lie that Donald Trump’s running mate had made love to a loveseat.

The day that Trump announced that Vance would be joining his ticket, Rick tweeted, “can’t say for sure but he might be the first vp pick to have admitted in a ny times bestseller to ***** an Inside-out latex glove shoved between two couch cushions (vance, hillbilly elegy, pp. 179-181).”

The story? A work of fiction by a disappointed guy from a working-class background. Rick, a desk worker who said he had a similar upbringing to that which Vance described in his bestselling book, Hillbilly Elegy, said he regarded the Ohio senator from “a place of irreverence if not outright disrespect.”

The page numbers? Plucked from thin air. Rick was referring to authors such as Jorge Luis Borges and John Fowles, who cooked up phony citations to lend literary credibility to their fictional works. “It’s something I’ve found funny my entire life,” Rick said.

Rick’s reasoning for this particular fabrication? He was inspired by Hunter S. Thompson’s anecdote in Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail ’72 about former President Lyndon Johnson starting a rumor that his opponent had sex with his livestock.

When the rumor took off, Rick was surprised and a little overwhelmed. He hid the post within a week, but by then, the idea had already spread like wildfire, with news organizations rushing to fact-check and then subsequently backing off.

https://newrepublic.com/post/184418/man-creator-jd-vance-couch-sex-explains

Some might stop me at this point to note that everybody knows that J. D. Vance didn’t have sex with a couch. It’s a joke; a social media meme, started when someone posted a parody, allegedly from Vance’s memoir Hillbilly Elegy.

These people know, however, that most people don’t follow the genealogy of memes back to their origins. Many people just start to think, “J. D. Vance is sort of a freak; people say he did something with a couch one time.”

The Vance couch meme-posters can have it both ways.

They can kind of do what the Bible describes as deceiving one’s neighbor and then say, “I was only joking!” (Prov. 26:19). Beyond that, they can say, “Well, of course, Vance did not literally have sex with a couch. The point is that Vance is kind of weird; the couch just makes the point.”

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2024/august-web-only/lie-truth-jd-vance-couch-russell-moore.html

Just push the horse ***** story. Fight fire with fire. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:41 AM, BillsFanNC said:

But not roundy!

David Hogg is such a sissy. Do we have any beta males here who don't know how to put on a spare wheel?

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

As I’ve said, to be a modern conservative you have to hold contradictory views and be a massive hypocrite 

Rogan isn’t a conservative.