Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

1 minute ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

“Hey troubled person - that surgery you are thinking about has a greatly increased suicide risk associated with it. As a moral man/woman, I think you should absolutely do it”

-you

Some awareness on occasion, please

Im not doing this. I’ve explained why that is, and you’re either too dense to get it, or you choose not to. It’s pointless. 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm Serious Frank this morning. B-Man shamed me into it.

Serious answer: charity (taking new border crossers in, feeding them, giving them food and shelter) is not and should never be a crime. We depend on charitable organizations in this country, and they should be honored for their service.

There are churches and other organizations that go beyond that and actually try to conceal people they are sheltering from law enforcement. That is a different matter, and these organizations - even if well-meaning - are participants in a violation of the law.

Is it a crime though?

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Im not doing this. I’ve explained why that is, and you’re either too dense to get it, or you choose not to. It’s pointless. 

Your point is it’s because other people are unaccepting. I can agree with that in part. It doesn’t change the attempted suicide rate does it? Perhaps as a “moral” person you should encourage avenues that don’t have such a strong association with suicide. 

8 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Your point is it’s because other people are unaccepting. I can agree with that in part. It doesn’t change the attempted suicide rate does it? Perhaps as a “moral” person you should encourage avenues that don’t have such a strong association with suicide. 

Such as?

Just now, Roundybout said:

Such as?

Therapy perhaps? Intensive, extensive therapy. Anything short of permanently altering bodies, being rejected by society, and subsequently being 12-13x more likely to attempt suicide. Is this really that difficult for you to comprehend?

Hard to believe a moral person like yourself is so willing to send others into that sort of grinder. Sad. 

16 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Is it a crime though?

As with all such things: it depends.

In general, "harboring" an illegal alien is a crime. I don't think a prosecution would ever be brought against an agency that offers shelter to new (illegal) immigrants who'd otherwise be on the street. In fact, the border patrol will often turn over new entrants to agencies like this, so it would be absurd to think they could be prosecuted for harboring.

I think the key is, again, whether they are trying to conceal the illegal immigrants, or trying to frustrate law enforcement's attempts to take a particular action, like bringing someone into ICE custody.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As with all such things: it depends.

In general, "harboring" an illegal alien is a crime. I don't think a prosecution would ever be brought against an agency that offers shelter to new (illegal) immigrants who'd otherwise be on the street. In fact, the border patrol will often turn over new entrants to agencies like this, so it would be absurd to think they could be prosecuted for harboring.

I think the key is, again, whether they are trying to conceal the illegal immigrants, or trying to frustrate law enforcement's attempts to take a particular action, like bringing someone into ICE custody.

Is this law a good law, was probably more my question. My point is that rather than not enforcing a law, maybe we should work towards changing those laws.

It's silly to have laws and willy nilly not follow of them became somebody, somewhere, doesn't agree with them. We wouldn't have any law if that were the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good opportunity to help kids, make it easier for people to have kids, and pass a bipartisan bill that soared through the House 357-70.

Let’s see how the “pro-family” GOP came out for it:

• Eyeroll 1

This might be one of the most interesting videos you'll see illustrating the difference between the Right and the Left.

The hateful, violent reaction he got from the Kamala camp came as no surprise. People screamed in his face, swore at him, and threw water at him.

We shouldn't be surprised by the behavior of a movement that survives off dehumanizing and demonizing half of the country.

https://notthebee.com/article/this-man-went-to-a-kamala-event-wearing-a-trump-shirt-and-a-trump-event-wearing-a-kamala-shirt-the-difference-in-how-he-was-treated-was-stunning

The media and academia have spent decades painting conservatives as nasty, hostile people, and woke, liberals as lovely, welcoming people.

Modern social media (particularly X) is pulling back the curtain. The woke left is nastier and far less tolerant than the conservative right.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

This might be one of the most interesting videos you'll see illustrating the difference between the Right and the Left.

The hateful, violent reaction he got from the Kamala camp came as no surprise. People screamed in his face, swore at him, and threw water at him.

We shouldn't be surprised by the behavior of a movement that survives off dehumanizing and demonizing half of the country.

https://notthebee.com/article/this-man-went-to-a-kamala-event-wearing-a-trump-shirt-and-a-trump-event-wearing-a-kamala-shirt-the-difference-in-how-he-was-treated-was-stunning

The media and academia have spent decades painting conservatives as nasty, hostile people, and woke, liberals as lovely, welcoming people.

Modern social media (particularly X) is pulling back the curtain. The woke left is nastier and far less tolerant than the conservative right.

Well when you support a vile, anti-American political ideology like Trumpism, people will push back. Same thing as if he wore a Nazi shirt. 

You made your bed, lie in it. Decent people will always reject the false patriotism and the Christian nationalism of Trump

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Well when you support a vile, anti-American political ideology like Trumpism, people will push back. Same thing as if he wore a Nazi shirt. 

You made your bed, lie in it. Decent people will always reject the false patriotism and the Christian nationalism of Trump

Always with the dramatics. How will anyone ever take you seriously?

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Always with the dramatics. How will anyone ever take you seriously?

Rich coming from the guy who changed his profile name because of his Biden delusions.