Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What hypocrisy? It’s their families choice to wear one or not!

You make it so easy Roundy.

The picture is from July 2021.

Mandatory masking was still in force for children's programs.

(But NOT for publicity seeking VP's)

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You make it so easy Roundy.

The picture is from July 2021.

Mandatory masking was still in force for children's programs.

(But NOT for publicity seeking VP's)

Wasnt the mask mandate removed by this point? 

If it was July 2021, wouldn’t school have been out? 

What state was this?

whenever I hear someone discuss " experts in the government" this is the kind of stuff I know primarily exists in government. This guy in particular does not know raping detainees is a war crime, which indicates he does not know much about the situation he is an "expert" in. I won't give details in case someone knows how to look this up but years ago I was visiting the US embassy in a Schengen country and spoken the person who was supposed to be the intermediary between Ireland and said country to help business relations and such. I asked if the religious breakdown of said country was a help or hindrance seeing as Ireland is so Catholic and what happened with The Troubles. The representative of the US had no idea what I meant and seemed unaware that Ireland was so Catholic and for much of the country such an identifying belief. Government experts are rarely experts on anything except how government works 

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

whenever I hear someone discuss " experts in the government" this is the kind of stuff I know primarily exists in government. This guy in particular does not know raping detainees is a war crime, which indicates he does not know much about the situation he is an "expert" in. I won't give details in case someone knows how to look this up but years ago I was visiting the US embassy in a Schengen country and spoken the person who was supposed to be the intermediary between Ireland and said country to help business relations and such. I asked if the religious breakdown of said country was a help or hindrance seeing as Ireland is so Catholic and what happened with The Troubles. The representative of the US had no idea what I meant and seemed unaware that Ireland was so Catholic and for much of the country such an identifying belief. Government experts are rarely experts on anything except how government works 

Good story. And still kind of stunning even though I know it happens.

What happened here (this clip) is a DOS press officer knowing that he's in a bind - he's not authorized to state the U.S. position because there is no U.S. position. So it's better to say "I am not authorized to speak to that" rather than "I'm not a lawyer." Because of course raping a detainee is a war crime (although I don't know that that has been proven)

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good story. And still kind of stunning even though I know it happens.

What happened here (this clip) is a DOS press officer knowing that he's in a bind - he's not authorized to state the U.S. position because there is no U.S. position. So it's better to say "I am not authorized to speak to that" rather than "I'm not a lawyer." Because of course raping a detainee is a war crime (although I don't know that that has been proven)

I appreciate your point but stating raping a detainee is a war crime is not admitting that Israel was doing it, if Israel is doing it then we need to stip funding them. 

3 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Just deny it happened, like Hamas did with their terrorists raping men and women October 7th and on...

So a Catholic agency follows the teachings of the Bible to take care of the poor, and the MAGA cretins want them shut down. Makes my blood boil. Sick, vile, disgusting people. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

So a Catholic agency follows the teachings of the Bible to take care of the poor, and the MAGA cretins want them shut down. Makes my blood boil. Sick, vile, disgusting people. 

Are those people here illegally?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Catholic charities

Southwest keys

Family international

Private prisons, I mean migrant housing buildings. 

Airlines/bussing to to move them

Aaramark and other third party contractors getting bank for providing food 

PACs getting bank to provide social work.

14 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Leviticus 19:33 - “when an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress them. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the native born among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt”

I wouldn’t expect a MAGA to understand this, despite their fervent wish to make America a Christian nationalist country.

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Leviticus 19:33 - “when an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress them. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the native born among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt”

I wouldn’t expect a MAGA to understand this, despite their fervent wish to make America a Christian nationalist country.

But totally expect a bottom barrel troll to reference religion it doesn't follow.

Adhere to authority fallacy ???

21 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You scriptures mean nothing, I'm not religious. So the answer is yes. So law and order need not apply?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You scriptures mean nothing, I'm not religious. So the answer is yes. So law and order need not apply?

They’re following their teachings to take care of the poor. MAGAs want the poor to suffer. Simple as. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

But totally expect a bottom barrel troll to reference religion it doesn't follow.

Adhere to authority fallacy ???

I’m a Catholic, sooooo