Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

You’re cool with the white supremacy stuff? That’s not even just racism, that’s just morality 

You're cool with the fact that Shapiro can't be a serious VP candidate because he's Jewish?

Why do any states have deadlines for people being on a ballot that do not have the party conventions as part of equation? I understand that deadlines for certain parts of process need to be finished prior to convention but either 3 states are going to craft laws around Dems needs or the election is over. The entire problem is defined by poor government needed to fix other poor government. Also to everyone stating the deadlines that have passed don't matter, each state can choose who is on a ballot and there is no rule they have to accept the Dem nominee if other rules are not followed

25 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Why do any states have deadlines for people being on a ballot that do not have the party conventions as part of equation? I understand that deadlines for certain parts of process need to be finished prior to convention but either 3 states are going to craft laws around Dems needs or the election is over. The entire problem is defined by poor government needed to fix other poor government. Also to everyone stating the deadlines that have passed don't matter, each state can choose who is on a ballot and there is no rule they have to accept the Dem nominee if other rules are not followed

Again, I'd say it's the norms. Not rules, regulation, statutes.

No one contemplated the late candidate replacement thing. I mean, we heard about it with Trump in 2016 after Access Hollywood broke, but everyone seemed to agree that October was too late. But July? Well, nothing says they can't, and if the argument that "traditionally we've never done that" doesn't hold sway, I guess you just do it.

I would like to see the states disengage from supporting the political parties by "saving" a ballot space for them as long as they send in a candidate name by a certain date.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You're cool with the fact that Shapiro can't be a serious VP candidate because he's Jewish?

Who the hell said that? 

Also I’m glad Trump is hosting the flat earth lady. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Because they're Maoists.

They hate intellectuals and academics.

Honestly, the Four Pests Campaign does sound very Trumpy.

“We’re going to kill the sparrows, they’re just awful, they steal all the food, they’re going to go away, it will be a miracle (sniff) a miracle, no one removes sparrows better than me”

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Honestly, the Four Pests Campaign does sound very Trumpy.

“We’re going to kill the sparrows, they’re just awful, they steal all the food, they’re going to go away, it will be a miracle (sniff) a miracle, no one removes sparrows better than me”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_campaign

I got the "Maoist" idea from economist Scott Sumner, who is hardly some kind of lefty (he's a pretty standard monetary hawk Republican). He makes a good point about the competing visions for America, both strangely echoing Maoist theory, albeit in different ways:

https://www.themoneyillusion.com/the-age-of-irony/

Consider two definitions of Maoism:

1. Radical egalitarianism. Public shaming and forced apologies when people fail to spout obvious nonsense like, “All differences in pay between ethnic groups reflect racism.” (I guess there’s lots of racism against white Christian Americans, as they make less than Jews from Eastern Europe or Hindus from India.)

2. Resentment against the intellectual elite. Shut down the universities and send the intellectuals to the countryside.

Over the next four years, I expect to be eagerly munching on my popcorn as these two types of Maoists go after each other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bla, bla, bla

the party you support is funded by PACS and corps that then receive the State spending in this Supply side economics that just turns around and gives said fortune 500 and PACS the money back in Stimuluses.  but you desperately try to pivot to any other topic.  

Utilizing the binding agreements in the spending packages to gain more control of sectors of the economy/means of production.

Supply side is amazing for moving wealth from the bottom four quintiles, directly to the top quintile. 

And helps to monopolize sectors through institutional ownership of public corps. 

what do you call it when 95% of the fortune 500 is owned by the same small hand full of Institutional investors.

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The free lunch plan is an awful decision. The lunches are not good and do not allow competition within districts for suppliers, which means that Sysco is providing most of the lunches. The kids at summer school did not eat it half the days and since the kids have to take a fruit they either get a mealy apple or fruit in a cup that 80% get thrown out. Better way to do it is give parents a stipend for food that they provide. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Roundybout. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by The Frankish Reich. Options 

Just missing chigoose then we would have...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5kGh1oopSy1idf0y73s4

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

The free lunch plan is an awful decision. The lunches are not good and do not allow competition within districts for suppliers, which means that Sysco is providing most of the lunches. The kids at summer school did not eat it half the days and since the kids have to take a fruit they either get a mealy apple or fruit in a cup that 80% get thrown out. Better way to do it is give parents a stipend for food that they provide. 

Sure it does, they’ll bid out the contract and pick the company that’s the most competitive. 

We do give stipends out in the form of EBT. But if there’s no parental support at home, what are the kids supposed to do? Starve? 

I think it’s silly to shrug our shoulders and say “well they won’t eat it.” Offer it and work to refine the program, because it’s overwhelmingly a positive effort. 

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Roundy wears a shirt that says govern me harder daddy when he posts.

Do you post from your cardboard box time machine where it’s perpetually 1840? 

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Just missing chigoose then we would have...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5kGh1oopSy1idf0y73s4

It’s really cool how you announce you need a safe space echo chamber, snowflake. 

• Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Sure it does, they’ll bid out the contract and pick the company that’s the most competitive. 

We do give stipends out in the form of EBT. But if there’s no parental support at home, what are the kids supposed to do? Starve? 

I think it’s silly to shrug our shoulders and say “well they won’t eat it.” Offer it and work to refine the program, because it’s overwhelmingly a positive effort. 

Thank for admitting that any real solutions is so far beyond you that you can't deal with the real world. I am going to block you because I am going to back to school in few days and I can deal with only so many pathetic people at once. Seriously you would not be the smart kid in my lowest level class. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Do you post from your cardboard box time machine where it’s perpetually 1840? 

Yeah bud, you post from the year 36388586 with some of your " ideas"

• Like (+1) 2