Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

2 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

If you want more efficient energy start pushing nuclear, otherwise stop pretending. We will need more energy than solar and or wind can produce in the near future, unless there is an unforeseen revolution. As for "better ways than cars" better how? 

I love nuclear and am all for easing regulations that will make it easier to open new nuclear plants. 

Better ways than cars include proper rail infrastructure and public transit. It’s greener and a more efficient use of land than sprawling parking lots. It’s also safer for pedestrians. 

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I love nuclear and am all for easing regulations that will make it easier to open new nuclear plants. 

Better ways than cars include proper rail infrastructure and public transit. It’s greener and a more efficient use of land than sprawling parking lots. It’s also safer for pedestrians. 

Your thoughts on rail are not reasonable for America and act like train tracks can be laid easily. Outside of a few cities trains and subways are completely inefficient in moving people around. If you want efficiency you need to push nuclear energy and then have electric cars get more efficient. 

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Your thoughts on rail are not reasonable for America and act like train tracks can be laid easily. Outside of a few cities trains and subways are completely inefficient in moving people around. If you want efficiency you need to push nuclear energy and then have electric cars get more efficient. 

I don’t want another transcontinental railroad, I want regional high-speed rail. Texas is doing it, as is California, and New England is exploring it as well. 

The only reason in America why it takes so long is because of the inane amount of environmental paperwork and study that has to be done. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t want another transcontinental railroad, I want regional high-speed rail. Texas is doing it, as is California, and New England is exploring it as well. 

The only reason in America why it takes so long is because of the inane amount of environmental paperwork and study that has to be done. 

Florida has it from Miami to Orlando and it is not in demand. Texas might be doing but California is a total and complete waste. The paperwork is not the issue here in Florida, the cost is, buying land, laying track, paying for the trains is billions just for Miami to Orlando. It takes a lot of $50 tickets to recoup $2 billion. I can leave the Magic game in downtown Orlando and be home in 25 minutes after driving 18 miles. My friends who take the sunrail into the game are not even close to home in that time

52 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Florida has it from Miami to Orlando and it is not in demand. Texas might be doing but California is a total and complete waste. The paperwork is not the issue here in Florida, the cost is, buying land, laying track, paying for the trains is billions just for Miami to Orlando. It takes a lot of $50 tickets to recoup $2 billion. I can leave the Magic game in downtown Orlando and be home in 25 minutes after driving 18 miles. My friends who take the sunrail into the game are not even close to home in that time

Sure, that’s the problem. Other countries don’t have issues with land acquisition, so we need a better system of buying land for rights of way. It’s absurd that Japan can built a rail line in 7 years while it takes us 15 years for just the environmental work! 

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’m slowly accepting that if Trump is put back in office, there will be mass civil violence in the U.S. the likes of which we haven’t seen since the 1960s.

He simply cannot be allowed to take office again.  

It will not touch the summer of 2020 except in highly liberal areas. Liberals might smash their own but Conservatives will be fine. If you are saying conservatives will be violent, you are beyond stupid because your side is still discussing someone smashing windows one time almost 4 years ago. 

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

It will not touch the summer of 2020 except in highly liberal areas. Liberals might smash their own but Conservatives will be fine. If you are saying conservatives will be violent, you are beyond stupid because your side is still discussing someone smashing windows one time almost 4 years ago. 

People will not take the Project 2025 agenda lightly. It’s already beginning as SCOTUS has gimped the federal government and given the presidency more power. 

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I’m slowly accepting that if Trump is put back in office, there will be mass civil violence in the U.S. the likes of which we haven’t seen since the 1960s.

Who will be perpetrating the violence? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

People will not take the Project 2025 agenda lightly. It’s already beginning as SCOTUS has gimped the federal government and given the presidency more power. 

Project 2025 is your version of QAnon.  You just joined the MAGA nutters in the asylum. 

Since you've been institutionalized, now I can use your garage too - I think I'll rent it out to some illegal aliens displaced migrants.

27 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Who will be perpetrating the violence? 

People opposed to Project 2025. 

13 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Project 2025 is your version of QAnon.  You just joined the MAGA nutters in the asylum. 

Since you've been institutionalized, now I can use your garage too - I think I'll rent it out to some illegal aliens displaced migrants.

Except Project 2025 is well-defined policy. QAnon is schizophrenic ramblings of brain-damaged right wingers.

Or perhaps, the wacky left doesn't go all wacky?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Left-leaning individuals and groups will be perpetrating violence if Trump is elected. To save democracy of course. Got it. 

I genuinely believe someone takes a shot at Trump if he’s reelected, yes, and yes it would be someone on the left as I don’t think the right would try to kill off their god emperor 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I genuinely believe someone takes a shot at Trump if he’s reelected, yes, and yes it would be someone on the left as I don’t think the right would try to kill off their god emperor 

The left has shown it's prevalence for violence.  Maybe your onto something 

For once