Yahoo Sports grades the bills last

Let the B word-slapping continue. So-Cal, you are offically Alaska Darin's B word. You should put that under your avatar.

First off, nitwit, the ProBowl is generally a popularity contest.  Think (that'll be an endeavor) Ruben Brown.  Though given that criteria:

Marvin Harrison, IND - First Round Draft Choice

Chad Johnson, CIN  - 2nd Round Draft Choice

Andre Johnson, HOU - 1st Round Draft Choice

Hines Ward, PIT - 3rd Round draft choice BY TOM DONAHOE

Jonathan Ogden, BAL  First Round Draft Choice

Tarik Glenn, IND ## First Round Draft Choice

Marvel Smith, PIT ## 2nd Round Draft Choice

Willie Roaf, KC (injured) First Round Draft Choice

Willie Anderson, CIN (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Alan Faneca, PIT First Round Draft Choice BY TOM DONAHOE

Will Shields KC 3rd Round draft choice

Brian Waters, KC UNDRAFTED

Kevin Mawae, NYJ 2nd Round Draft Choice

Jeff Hartings, PIT 1st Round Draft Choice

Antonio Gates, SD UNDRAFTED

Tony Gonzalez, KC 1st Round Draft Choice

Peyton Manning, IND 1st Round Draft Choice

Tom Brady, NE  6th Round Draft Choice

Drew Brees, SD 2nd Round Draft Choice

LaDainian Tomlinson, SD 1st Round Draft Choice 

Jerome Bettis, PIT ## 1st Round Draft Choice Brought to Pittsburgh BY TOM DONAHOE

Rudi Johnson, CIN ## 6th Round Draft Choice

Corey Dillon, NE ## (injured) 2nd Round Draft Choice

Edgerrin James, IND (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Curtis Martin, NYJ (injured) 3rd Round draft choice

Tony Richardson, KC UNDRAFTED

DEFENSE (17) 

Jason Taylor, MIA 3rd Round draft choice

Dwight Freeney, IND 1st Round Draft Choice

Aaron Smith, PIT ## 4th Round draft choice BY TOM DONAHOE

John Abraham, NYJ (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Marcus Stroud, JAC 1st Round Draft Choice

Sam Adams, BUF  1st Round Draft Choice Brought to BUFFALO BY TOM DONAHOE

John Henderson, JAC ## 1st Round Draft Choice

Richard Seymour, NE (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Takeo Spikes, BUF 1st Round Draft Choice Brought to BUFFALO BY TOM DONAHOE

Terrell Suggs, BAL 1st Round Draft Choice

Joey Porter, PIT 3rd Round draft choice BY TOM DONAHOE

James Farrior, PIT 1st Round Draft Choice

Tedy Bruschi, NE ## 3rd Round draft choice

Ray Lewis, BAL (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Champ Bailey, DEN 1st Round Draft Choice

Tory James, CIN 2nd Round Draft Choice

Nate Clements, BUF ## 1st Round Draft Choice BY TOM DONAHOE

Chris McAlister, BAL (injured) 1st Round Draft Choice

Ed Reed, BAL  1st Round Draft Choice

Troy Polamalu, PIT 1st Round Draft Choice

John Lynch, DEN 3rd Round draft choice 

Shane Lechler, OAK 6th Round Draft Choice

Adam Vinatieri, NE  UNDRAFTED

Terrence McGee, BUF 4th Round draft choice BY TOM DONAHOE

Larry Izzo, NE UNDRAFTED

Kendall Gammon, KC (need player) 11th Round draft choice BY TOM DONAHOE

That means that 10 of the 52 (19%) players on the AFC Pro Bowl roster were either drafted by, signed as a Free Agent, or traded for by Tom Donahoe.  There are a total of SIX players on the AFC Pro Bowl roster drafted after the third round, and THREE (50%) of them were drafted by Tom Donahoe.

321422[/snapback]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You another TD child? 

You'd have to go through the TD is Satan thread to get the answer to that one.

Noticing a pattern here: anyone with over 5,000 posts, never mind.

Yes, we're all part of the elite 5K post club that derives pleasure out of clubbing baby seals.

I should have the temerity to know the answer, but you can "guess".

I didn't ask the question, hence the difference. Never mind that Bills did send a 2nd day draft pick to the Pro Bowl last year.

As to inane, the thread was about the draft.  They do have a second day of the

draft last time I looked. 

Put DOWN the Kool-Aid.

321501[/snapback]

The thread was about the idiocy of people grading the draft, two days after it happened, without any of the draftees putting on Bills' pads. If that isn't the definition of idiocy, I don't know what is. But have a field day along with BF turning it into the overall pattern of Bills sucking (which last year, they didn't)

That's the problem!  This is not an argument, I simply asking where all

the draft day 2 starters are on the roster?

Don't see too many.

321442[/snapback]

You are backtracking you little wussie!

Out of last year's pro bowl roster, only 6 are 4th round and below. Only six! Of those six, two were drafted by donahoe. Do you know what percentage that is?

Let me clue you in. ONE THIRD of the pro bowl players on last year's roster who were drafted below the 3rd round were drafted by Tom Donahoe! That means that there is no GM in the entire NFL who was better. So not only is your theory about Donahoe being a poor drafter incorrect, it is actually the opposite. Tom Donahoe is the best GM in the NFL at drafting Pro-Bowl players below the 3rd round.

You may admit that you are a fool now. At the very least, a real man would admit that he is wrong. Facts tell me that you are.

Yeah, right.  This team is BRIMMING with all kinds of 5'th and 6'th round

ALL-PROs since TD has come here.

He can barley even find starters after round 2.

319138[/snapback]

Sorry to come in to this late...but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around whatever point there is to your arguments. So let me see if I this straight: You don't like Tom Donahoe because he only gets starters through the free agency and the first two rounds of the draft? :doh:

That might possibly be the stupidest thing I've heard since the CD Burning thread. Maybe football's a little too complex for you; maybe you should try being a fan of...I don't know, maybe pro bowling or men's gymnastics.

Sorry to come in to this late...but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around whatever point there is to your arguments.  So let me see if I this straight: You don't like Tom Donahoe because he only gets starters through the free agency and the first two rounds of the draft?  :doh:

That might possibly be the stupidest thing I've heard since the CD Burning thread.  Maybe football's a little too complex for you; maybe you should try being a fan of...I don't know, maybe pro bowling or men's gymnastics.

321512[/snapback]

No, I don't like TD because the Bills are 26-38 with him as GM.

Wrap your mind around that. The number on the left is wins, it's smaller

than the number on the right. This is generally considered not good.

Oh, your friend TODD is my first entry in the "IGNORE USER" sweepstakes.

Anyone who has to use the word "B word" in a post more than once, is either still a teenager, or not very bright. Probably both.

Out of last year's pro bowl roster, only 6 are 4th round and below. Only six! Of those six, two were drafted by donahoe. Do you know what percentage that is?

Let me clue you in. ONE THIRD of the pro bowl players on last year's roster who were drafted below the 3rd round were drafted by Tom Donahoe! That means that there is no GM in the entire NFL who was better. So not only is your theory about Donahoe being a poor drafter incorrect, it is actually the opposite. Tom Donahoe is the best GM in the NFL at drafting Pro-Bowl players below the 3rd round.

You may admit that you are a fool now. At the very least, a real man would admit that he is wrong. Facts tell me that you are.

321511[/snapback]

Actually of the six players drafted on day 2, THREE were drafted by Donahoe. That means half. But the rest of your post is dead on.

I have less than 5000 posts and I probably think you're more nuts than they do.

321519[/snapback]

Am I really crazy for expecting some draft day two starters?

Maybe everyone else is right. They still sound like Kool-Aid drinkers.

Wrap your mind around that.  The number on the left is wins, it's smaller

than the number on the right.  This is generally considered not good.

Anyone who has to use the word "B word" in a post more than once, is either still a teenager, or not very bright.  Probably both.

321520[/snapback]

The first season was a wash and anyone with half a brain (which seemingly leaves you out) would understand that. Donahoe had the choice of continuing down the path of salary cap misery or taking the hit all at once. He chose the latter and the 3-13 record was the result. Making him pay for the sins of his predecessor and their abysmal draft in 2000 shows your ignorance.

You can parrot the 26-38 all day long. It doesn't make you look any smarter.

I like the "ignore user" thing - as if that makes your "points" any more lucid or has any merit whatsoever. Talk about overvaluing something. :doh:

321511[/snapback]

Hmmm....nice of him to enrich clubs other than the Bills. Seems he's not doing so well for the hometown boys, though... :doh:

Hmmm....nice of him to enrich clubs other than the Bills. Seems he's not doing so well for the hometown boys, though... :doh:

321527[/snapback]

TD seems to get a lot of credit for drafting, building the Steelers from the

Kool-Aid drinkers. They seem to have done well with out him.

Apparently Pittsburg Steeler management didn't hold him in that high of regard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mcgee was a nice pick. He made the Pro Bowl as a special teams player,

which is nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I really crazy for expecting some draft day two starters?

Maybe everyone else is right.  They still sound like Kool-Aid drinkers.

321522[/snapback]

Yes you are, because day two starters are rare in the NFL.

Care to peruse the link that Darin provided to see how TD's late draft picks stack up with respect to the league?

Hint: Kool-Aid tastes much better when you have facts to back your opinion.

Anyone who has to use the word "B word" in a post more than once, is either still a teenager, or not very bright.  Probably both.

321520[/snapback]

Anyone who has to use the term kool-aid drinkers more then 10 times in a thread......nevermind :doh:

Yes you are, because day two starters are rare in the NFL. 

Care to peruse the link that Darin provided to see how TD's late draft picks stack up with respect to the league? 

Hint: Kool-Aid tastes much better when you have facts to back your opinion.

321554[/snapback]

AD references mostly players from Pittsburg. Not Buffalo Bills.

New England has I believe 5 day two starters in five years, not rare for them.

And they are obviously a much better team, much harder to make that team.

Oh. THAT'S why you brought up all that crap about the draft. :lol:

And it's just my personal opinion...but given that the cap-related bloodletting in his first 3-13 season was inveitable, I'd discount that from his overall record simply on the premise that we had to suffer through a terrible season to clear the cap room so he could start building a contender. Realistically, Donahoe's 23-25 in the seasons where his goal was signing talent rather than pruning the cap.

Of course, that makes a certain sense, so I'm sure YOU won't buy it...

321520[/snapback]

Todd's not my friend. He's a total goddamned stranger. I don't have friends, in fact. Nonetheless, I'm sure he's positively crushed at being ignored by you...nothing says "I'm a pansy ass little girly man" quite like pointedly telling someone you're ignoring them and believing you've in some way one-upped them.

Yeah, because that's so much more intellectual and mature than

It's going to take more than some guy with bad teeth and a jobless

guy in Alaska!

You're just all kinds of stupid today, aren't you? Auditioning to be the poster boy for negative Wonderlic scores or something? :doh:

AD references mostly players from Pittsburg.  Not Buffalo Bills.

321562[/snapback]

Uh, Donahoe wasn't here in 2000. In case you're wondering why that matters, THREE of the five 2nd day starters on the NE roster were drafted that season or before. Which means that since TD has been our GM, they've drafted exactly TWO second day starters. We have drafted ONE - the same exact number the Philadelphia Eagles drafted over the same period. Ooh, they're all so very much better than we are in that department.

The Patriots are clearly better than the BILLS at ONE position. Quarterback.

AD references mostly players from Pittsburg.  Not Buffalo Bills.

Actually, Darin provided you with a link to drafthistory.com where you can easily compare TD's drafts to the 31 other teams and see how much he sucks for yourself. You can only focus on years 2001- 2004, if you like.

And which part of this did you miss:

GG

.... To my knowledge, Patriots & Eagles are tops in the league in developing their own talent and getting max utility out of all players brought in the system. Otherwise, I doubt that TD's record is worse than the mean in the leagu, and I'd guess that he's in the top 10.

If you admit that Patriots are the cream of the crop, of Bills' 38 losses during his tenure, 7 have come directly from the best team in the league. If we follow the logic of "what have you done for me lately" by discounting the first year - Bills' record is 22 - 20 against teams that are not Patriots.

We're not even going to take this into the tangent of what would people think of this team had it the fortune of being placed in NFC West over the past 2 years.