Georgia election laws and MLB

A SETBACK FOR STACEY ABRAMS AND THE DEMOCRATS IN GEORGIA

Townhall’s Reagan McCarthy reports on a satisfying election result from Georgia. In a special election runoff race for a state House seat, Republican Devan Seabaugh defeated Democrat Priscilla Smith. Seabaugh collected 63 percent of the vote.

The jurisdiction in question, District 34 in the Atlanta area, leans conservative. However, Seabaugh’s margin exceeded that of the GOP candidate in 2020, who received 56 percent of the vote, according to McCarthy’s report.

Seabaugh was aided by a push from former Senator Kelly Loeffler’s organization, Greater Georgia. It launched a major effort to register voters and get out the vote.

Stacey Abrams and her organization, Fair Fight, pushed to elect Smith, the Democrat. Of its defeat, Fair Fight tweeted: “Tonight, Georgia Republicans won a Republican district, just like Georgia Democrats will continue to win our Democratic state.”

This statement ignores the substantial increase in the Republican’s margin of victory.

In another special election, Republicans finished first and second in a runoff race for a South Georgia House seat race. I haven’t found information comparing this result to 2020.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/a-setback-for-stacey-abrams-and-the-dems-in-georgia.php

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I am doing my research. Why is, in your opinion, the Georgia Bill Jim Crow on steroids?  If you answered I'm sorry I missed it so can you please let me know why.  Shouldn't be too hard.   Humor me. 

No thanks.  I don’t do your “research” for you.  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You never responded to MY question directly to me.  So this leads me to the conclusion that calling the GA Bill "Jim Crow on Steroids" was hyperbole on Biden and your parts.  

It's not Jim Crow on baby aspirin let alone on steroids and you know that.  What a tool you are.  

Carry on..............

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You never responded to MY question directly to me.  So this leads me to the conclusion that calling the GA Bill "Jim Crow on Steroids" was hyperbole histrionics on Biden and your parts.  

It's not Jim Crow on baby aspirin let alone on steroids and you know that.  What a tool you are.  

Carry on..............

FIFY.  It's hyberbole on steroids...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Calling the GA Law "Jim Crow on Steroids" is a horrible insult to those that actually suffered through the Jim Crow era in places like Georgia.  @BillStime and @SectionC3 know this however are too big of set of tools to admit it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Real nice tibs, errrrrr billstime, errrrr governor, errrrrrr. Csection

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Calling the GA Law "Jim Crow on Steroids" is a horrible insult to those that actually suffered through the Jim Crow era in places like Georgia.  @BillStime and @SectionC3 know this however are too big of set of tools to admit it.  

That’s because they don’t care about POC. All they care about is being able to use words like racist as a weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I'm sorry that you've been triggered this morning.  Sad. 

Obnoxious is supporting the insurrection, Lysol treatments for COVID, Charlottesville, and general lies, misinformation, and histrionics (such as "why doesn't the left have to prove or verify anything!").  

For what it's worth, if you and your hoaxy pals "did your research" (properly), you'd note that the allegations in the GA lawsuit mentioned by All_Pro_Bills_HoaxMan aren't verified (sworn) by the attorneys.  So they have as much worth as the nonsense that's lobbed on this forum (Antifa! Fake news! Obama is a Muslim born in Indonesia! Burning Democrat Run Cities! Lysol and McDonald's secret sauce cures COVID!). 

So your response is that you aren't the worst on here, I have to agree. I thought you would hold yourself to a higher standard than just not the worst but your choice.

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Or hyperbole on HCQ.  Either one. 

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So your response is that you aren't the worst on here, I have to agree. I thought you would hold yourself to a higher standard than just not the worst but your choice.

Hoax.  I said no such thing.  You find my comments obnoxious.  I find the assault upon democracy and decency that you support obnoxious.  Perhaps we agree to disagree.  Or maybe not.  Whatever.  It’s an internet message board.  

45 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why do voters in select areas of Georgia have to wait as long as 9 hours to vote and why didn’t they address that in this bill?

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

FIFY

I think you forgot to write something about your misguided belief that HCQ is an effective treatment for COVID.  Couple it with zinc, you said.  Add some McDonald’s secret sauce, you opined.  Throw in some Lysol and a ZPAC and you can get back to licking doorknobs and spitting in someone else’s mouth for fun in no time, you said. 

In the end, it was just a big hoax.  Sad.  

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why do voters in select areas of Georgia have to wait as long as 9 hours to vote and why didn’t they address that in this bill?

It was addressed in the bill.  Apparently nine hours is way too short a waiting period for “those” people.  So, to the delight of Chef Jim Crow, Republicans in Georgia tried to extend the wait time.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I think you forgot to write something about your misguided belief that HCQ is an effective treatment for COVID.  Couple it with zinc, you said.  Add some McDonald’s secret sauce, you opined.  Throw in some Lysol and a ZPAC and you can get back to licking doorknobs and spitting in someone else’s mouth for fun in no time, you said. 

In the end, it was just a big hoax.  Sad.  

Now why on earth would I do that, when the recent study to which I referred you numerous times (and from which you flee like a Texas Dem) proved otherwise?  You see, I told you all along that it needed to be studied with zinc, not alone like those idiots were purposefully and deceptively doing.  And guess what?  Yep, that's right.

But that wasn't the topic.  It was you believing/perpetuating the hyperbole (lie) about it being dangerous so that people would be harmed and Trump would look bad.  I hope it was worth it for you.     

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Now why on earth would I do that, when the recent study to which I referred you numerous times (and from which you flee like a Texas Dem) proved otherwise?  You see, I told you all along that it needed to be studied with zinc, not alone like those idiots were purposefully and deceptively doing.  And guess what?  Yep, that's right.

But that wasn't the topic.  It was you believing/perpetuating the hyperbole (lie) about it being dangerous so that people would be harmed and Trump would look bad.  I hope it was worth it for you.     

My advice... Stop debating specific idiots here that never have a constructive comment or can't answer an elementary question on any topic.      

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My advice... Stop debating specific idiots here that never have a constructive comment or can't answer an elementary question on any topic.      

I know.  But it's just so easy and fun!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

They did address it.  But you're too partisan to realize they did. 

So what makes this Bill Jim Crow on steroids?  You all seem to have VERY hard time articulating this. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

It was addressed in the bill.  Apparently nine hours is way too short a waiting period for “those” people.  So, to the delight of Chef Jim Crow, Republicans in Georgia tried to extend the wait time.  

It quite amusing as to how you love to throw out the word Hoax when you in fact don't use hoaxes you use lies.  Bravo!! 

So how is this Bill Jim Crow on steroids?  I think a great way to demonstrate that is take some Jim Crow laws and put them side by side this law to demonstrate the steroid aspect.  

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They did address it.  But you're too partisan to realize they did. 

So what makes this Bill Jim Crow on steroids?  You all seem to have VERY hard time articulating this. 

It quite amusing as to how you love to throw out the word Hoax when you in fact don't use hoaxes you use lies.  Bravo!! 

So how is this Bill Jim Crow on steroids?  I think a great way to demonstrate that is take some Jim Crow laws and put them side by side this law to demonstrate the steroid aspect.  

What have I lied about?  The floor is yours, Chef Jim Crow. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I know.  But it's just so easy and fun!

I agree.  Doc McStuffins and I have our back and forth, but it is very amusing.  Otherwise, why bother?

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

What have I lied about?  The floor is yours, Chef Jim Crow. 

That the Law addressed the lines by making them longer.  You know.......that lie. 

What makes the Law Jim Crow on steroids?

That floor is yours counselor.