TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

18 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

This.

The GM is in survival mode. Another back - this high- is career suicide. 

To be clear it is not the pick I'd have made but the Giants were the second most ponderous, one paced, offense in football (to only the Pats) in 2020. You can't win that way in the NFL. Used correctly Etienne's speed gives them a dynamic they lack. If they were to draft him and use him incorrectly he would look like a bust. Fit and usage matters wherever he lands.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TPS said:

Crap! I knew I was going to get caught in the middle of my golf round. Had a couple ideas beforehand, so I’ll try to get it in at the turn

How dare you have a life

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

Crap! I knew I was going to get caught in the middle of my golf round. Had a couple ideas beforehand, so I’ll try to get it in at the turn

It is the Chargers... how hard can it be? Find a really talented player with propensity for making a bonehead mistake that cost his team games and you have nailed it.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the 46th pick the New England Patriots select OG Wyatt Davis.

The Chargers and @TPS are on the clock.

2 time All-American and unanimous selection last year.  I was really hoping for Bateman or Marshall to fall here but it was not meant to be.  Davis immediately helps bolster the line.  This is a BPA pick as he and Shaq Mason are both RGs but one will have to flip.  Onwenu can shift out to RT and Trent Brown to LT when Isaiah Wynn inevitably gets hurt (again).

I think the Pats need a WR and DB (both S and CB - and BB LOVES 2nd round DBs) more but I just don't really see the value.  Davis allows some flexibility next year with both OTs being Free Agents.  Onwenu can cover RT and one can be brought back for LT while the other garners a comp pick (as is tradition).

BOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha (+1) 1

In the 2021 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles select

elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi. 

While Staley prefers a CB, Moore provides a great option in the slot to take the heat of the outside guys, especially with an aging Cook in the TE kitchen. 

Sorry, can someone notify next pick please

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear it is not the pick I'd have made but the Giants were the second most ponderous, one paced, offense in football (to only the Pats) in 2020. You can't win that way in the NFL. Used correctly Etienne's speed gives them a dynamic they lack. If they were to draft him and use him incorrectly he would look like a bust. Fit and usage matters wherever he lands.

Yes 

example: 

ETN on Bills - good 

ETN on Giants - not so good

9 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Yes 

example: 

ETN on Bills - good 

ETN on Giants - not so good

Well how they use him would remain a question mark - is Garrett creative enough to deploy him effectively? Not convinced. But the thought process for this mock of "team that desperately needs offensive speed takes very fast man" I can see. 

Offensive speed is their #1 need in my view. @Draconator has given them Waddle and Etienne in the first two rounds. Makes them a different proposition. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Raiders (Victory Formation) are on the clock

With the 48th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the LV Raiders select: 

Jackson Carman, RT, Clemson

Not a flashy pick but I have him rated as a Mid first to mid second round pick. I think he is a natural fit at RT although he played at LT for Clemson. Some see him as a guard, I don’t. I see him as an elite RT prospect who could do an OK job at LT if Kolton Miller were to go down. I thought about Jay Tufele here but I’m confident that I can address DT later on in the draft very easily. RT though? Not so much. I think this move pretty much completes the Raiders OL. Miller, Incognito, Martin, Vera-Tucker and now Carman at RT. I think Martin may prove to be a better center with these upgrades around him. He battled injuries but has flashed quality potential in the past.   This would be a quality OL for Oakland, easily making this unit one of the best in the league. Carman is a powerful tackle, very thick in both his upper and lower body.  Not a good enough pass blocker to be on the left side, but very well good enough for the right. He is a mauler in the run game, very violent. Once he gets his hands on you it’s over. Thought about Elijah Moore here, but he was taken before me. Great job @TPS

@Philo Sir, you are on the clock. 👍

30 minutes ago, TPS said:

In the 2021 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles select

elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi. 

While Staley prefers a CB, Moore provides a great option in the slot to take the heat of the outside guys, especially with an aging Cook in the TE kitchen. 

Sorry, can someone notify next pick please

I thought Keenan Allen was the best slot receiver in the league before Cole took his title this year with the all pro selection

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Philo) are on the clock
2 hours ago, section122 said:

With the 46th pick the New England Patriots select OG Wyatt Davis.

The Chargers and @TPS are on the clock.

2 time All-American and unanimous selection last year.  I was really hoping for Bateman or Marshall to fall here but it was not meant to be.  Davis immediately helps bolster the line.  This is a BPA pick as he and Shaq Mason are both RGs but one will have to flip.  Onwenu can shift out to RT and Trent Brown to LT when Isaiah Wynn inevitably gets hurt (again).

I think the Pats need a WR and DB (both S and CB - and BB LOVES 2nd round DBs) more but I just don't really see the value.  Davis allows some flexibility next year with both OTs being Free Agents.  Onwenu can cover RT and one can be brought back for LT while the other garners a comp pick (as is tradition).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

STILL NO QB 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well how they use him would remain a question mark - is Garrett creative enough to deploy him effectively? Not convinced. But the thought process for this mock of "team that desperately needs offensive speed takes very fast man" I can see. 

Offensive speed is their #1 need in my view. @Draconator has given them Waddle and Etienne in the first two rounds. Makes them a different proposition. 

I’m not convinced DJ can deliver the mail. 

Like the Pats, they’ve made nice additions, but Cam....

With the 49th pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama

The team may have already traded for Rodney Hudson to shore up the center position, but feels that there is still room for improvement at guard. Dickerson offers high end talent and experience all across the line. He is expected to quickly grab a starting role on the interior (assuming his injury concerns do not interfere). We considered adding an offensive playmaker here, but were not convinced of the value. Regardless, the team believes that adding more beef to protect Kyler Murray cannot be overlooked. 

@Logic and the Fish are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

I gotta say thanks for this @Virgil, and everyone else involved.  This is so much fun and extremely valuable, and im impressed at the knowledge that mock drafters have.  To not only know each teams needs/tendencies, but to be able to draft past round 1, thats not something alot of people can do.  Posters made their own big boards?!?! Cmon thats amazing.  Maybe in another thread after this we can see some of the big boards ya'll had. Just an idea and something id be interested in!

Im gunna feel alot more prepared for the real draft.  THANKS EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Dolphins (Logic) are on the clock
20 minutes ago, Philo said:

With the 49th pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama

The team may have already traded for Rodney Hudson to shore up the center position, but feels that there is still room for improvement at guard. Dickerson offers high end talent and experience all across the line. He is expected to quickly grab a starting role on the interior (assuming his injury concerns do not interfere). We considered adding an offensive playmaker here, but were not convinced of the value. Regardless, the team believes that adding more beef to protect Kyler Murray cannot be overlooked. 

@Logic and the Fish are on the clock

Outstanding pick for the Cardinals, but now the Dolphins (who wanted Dickerson to replace the not at all impressive Matt Skura/Michael Dieter combo) have to recalibrate.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 50th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select S Jevon Holland, Oregon

While we have invested heavily in our cornerback room with Howard, Jones, and Igbinoghene, we felt that an upgrade at safety was of crucial importance. 2020 starters Bobby McCain and Eric Rowe are nothing more than replacement level journeymen. Having to face the Bills' potent passing offense and the Patriots' new two-TE set twice a year each, upgrading the middle of our secondary is a priority.

In safety Jevon Holland, head coach Brian Flores gets a smart, versatile, ball-hawking chess piece for his secondary. The Oregon standout recorded 9 interceptions in his two seasons at Oregon before opting out in 2020.

Wide receiver was considered here, but the depth of that position allows us to feel confident that we can find a contributor there in the third round.

@whatdrought and the Washington Whatchamacallits are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 50th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select S Jevon Holland, Oregon

Great pick.

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

I’m not convinced DJ can deliver the mail. 

Like the Pats, they’ve made nice additions, but Cam....

Being unsure on Jones is fair enough. But the Giants are sticking with him another year. So they have to give him more talent, because while I agree Daniel Jones is not the answer it would be hard for any Quarterback to win with Darius Slayton and the corpse of Golden Tate's career... with Wayne Gallman in the backfield.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Great pick.

Thanks.

It came down to Holland and Rondale Moore.

I liked Moore more (that's a mouthful) when he was 5'9". Not so much now that we know he's 5'7". There is only one active receiver in the NFL that is 5'7", and incidentally, he's a Miami Dolphin. 

So the Phins already have a 5'7" slot receiver/returner in Jakeem Grant, and they already have a deep threat in Will Fuller. Rondale Moore felt a bit redundant. There should be good pass catchers left in round 3 that might round out the Miami WR corps a little bit better.

Holland at 50 feels like stealing, but that's the type of thing that 2020 COVID opt-outs are going to foster this year.

• Agree 1

With the 51st pick in the NFL draft, the Washington lying, stealing, cheating Politicians select Baron Browning, LB, Ohio St. University. 

How about a fast intense presence for Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio to play with on defense? Browning runs like a safety and hits like an old school LB. He can do it all and will be a leader on our defense. Playing behind the best front 4 in the league will give him plenty of room to use his pursuit and destroy skills. 

The Fighting Andy Dalton's and @Just Joshin' are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1