Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

19 minutes ago, Precision said:

So just to clarify, more legal immigrants will allow the US to increase the housing supply and thereby eliminate homelessness?  Do we have any data on how many of these people are licensed electricians, plumbers, etc. or are they just going to "start building houses"?  Any thoughts on where they will live while they are busy building all these dwellings, there are currently over half a million homeless people in the US.

Hiring workers to simply do more lumber jobs will reduce the costs of building, as an example 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hiring workers to simply do more lumber jobs will reduce the costs of building, as an example 

I see what you're trying to say but don't see it happening without a specific plan in place.  There is no guarantee that any of the immigrants will work in a field related to housing.  You would hope that more immigrants=more workers=build more housing=fixes housing shortages but there is no guarantee of that.  Perhaps if the government offered an incentive to fast track legal immigrants based on their occupation/training I could see that working but otherwise I don't see the homeless problem getting better.

43 minutes ago, Precision said:

I see what you're trying to say but don't see it happening without a specific plan in place.  There is no guarantee that any of the immigrants will work in a field related to housing.  You would hope that more immigrants=more workers=build more housing=fixes housing shortages but there is no guarantee of that.  Perhaps if the government offered an incentive to fast track legal immigrants based on their occupation/training I could see that working but otherwise I don't see the homeless problem getting better.

Capitalism will take care of it, the workers are needed. Lots of workers 

Didn’t read through all of this but I’ll chime in from the immigration epicenter of Southern California. The vast, vast majority of our huge homeless population are most definitely NOT Hispanic. The Hispanic immigrants, both legal and illegal, come here with an incredible work ethic. And no matter what Mayor Pete seems to believe, our entire construction workforce (largest in the nation) is made up of Hispanics, not white men. Somehow these folks come to America, immediately find work, and rarely end up on the streets. Interesting. 

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Didn’t read through all of this but I’ll chime in from the immigration epicenter of Southern California. The vast, vast majority of our huge homeless population are most definitely NOT Hispanic. The Hispanic immigrants, both legal and illegal, come here with an incredible work ethic. And no matter what Mayor Pete seems to believe, our entire construction workforce (largest in the nation) is made up of Hispanics, not white men. Somehow these folks come to America, immediately find work, and rarely end up on the streets. Interesting. 

Pete shouldn't like that situation either.  Because the underlying "logic" behind Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity is that absent all racism and biases, the natural state of things would be for all demographic groups to be proportionally represented in all occupations and fields.  In that "optimal" arrangement there would not be too many or too little representation in anything.  At that point all that's needed is some authority to ensure those proportions are enforced.   And the end game a loss of freedom to choose your occupation or line of work.  Short white guys that can't hit a three pointer don't despair, the NBA will soon be calling you.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

• 2 weeks later...

No Sh*t.

Border Patrol Chief Defies Joe Biden: Testifies Border Patrol DOES NOT Have Control of Border, It is a “Crisis”.

by Jim Hoft

chief-ortiz-dhs-600x342.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/border-patrol-chief-defies-joe-biden-testifies-border-patrol-does-not-have-control-of-border-it-is-a-crisis-and-they-should-finish-trump-wall-video/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1