Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why didn't Trump and the GOP controlled House and Senate pass any immigrtion laws to stop all this? 

Fail 

Title 42. 

Don't accept asylum from people that came through a country to get here.  

Move money from IRS to ICE, border enforcement, asylum courts (so they are faster)

Stop allowing groups like catholic charities and the family international to mass sponsor asylum seekers

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Title 42. 

Don't accept asylum from people that came through a country to get here.  

Move money from IRS to ICE, border enforcement, asylum courts (so they are faster)

Stop allowing groups like catholic charities and the family international to mass sponsor asylum seekers

How will that stop people from coming to the border? 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How will that stop people from coming to the border? 

Why are they coming? current narrative that they are Asylum seekers from south America?  or are we talking temp migrant workers?

Edited by Chris farley
  • Eyeroll 1

So asylum as many are claiming right now?

or migrant workers that we could address with temp visa program fixes?

And yeah, as long as our asylum package is more than the median income in those countries, the pull is real.  

And why the asylum approval rate is going down yearly.  like 25% get approved.

https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/630/#:~:text=Asylum Decisions by Nationality

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We need a more forceful foreign policy and yes more $$$$ to get some countries in our own back yard back to being livable. We can't have everyone in the world coming, but if their countries are falling apart, they will. 

What does "forceful foreign policy" mean?

How can we expect to fix other people's countries when we can't even fix our own?

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Our government has huge influence and can do a lot more than any private citizen, so it's better, if you actually want results (You don't) to have the governmnet involved 

In other words, you want the government to do it so you don't have to get your hands dirty.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You know its not Biden's fault people want to come here. 

We are short workers as it is 

The only reason why we are short workers is because Americans have become over whelmingly LAZY !! I use to work construction now over 13 years ago & as i have said in the past you can go to a job sight & usually the big FAT white guy sitting in the pick up truck with the air on or leaning against his truck watching something on his phone is the foremen .

The rest of the people doing the work are usually immigrants because todays American families raise their kids to be computer geeks that sit on their asses as kids playing with a Iphone or iPad because the parents don't parent .

Instead they hand their children a electronic devise to put them in (What i call) Zombie mode so they can do the same sit around on their asses watching youtube video's which has become a HUGE American past time . Use to be as a child we would go out & play B Ball or Baseball ride bikes & other such things not today just break out the iPad .

That is the reason for the so called worker shortage because todays American's are ENTITLED simply because they were born in America . Then you add to the mix that in the schools they have basically done away with any learning of skilled trades such as wood shop, metal shop, auto shop & others that is another bad hit for America .

Yes people do want to come to America but for reasons other than what you believe to be at the center of it they want to come here some in part to make a better life but others to get all the free bees that our gov't hands out & they will learn the ease in which they can scam the system even before they get here .

I'm all for people coming here LEGALLY because i as one that isn't afraid to bust my ass as i tear out a tile floor to redo it at sixty something can't find a young white American that is motivated enough to get off their ass & mow the lawn let alone learn a Physical skilled trade is near impossible .

Let me ask you this how many young white American children do you see in your neighborhood in the fall raking leafs or mowing lawns (with a push mower) or other wise I'll wait ----------- that's right NONE because they are to busy on their iPads & such .

Use tho be America land of the free home of the brave which in some instances is still true but now it goes more something like this -

America land filled with greed & home of the entitled .

That being said it is still the best country in the world but the people have created these problems both in society & in politics because in both there are more that are learning things from books with no practical hands on experience that grow up to think entitlement is the American way & today's problems are the result of it .

But you keep looking to Joe & he will fix it all -- LOL !! 

3 minutes ago, T master said:

The only reason why we are short workers is because Americans have become over whelmingly LAZY !! I use to work construction now over 13 years ago & as i have said in the past you can go to a job sight & usually the big FAT white guy sitting in the pick up truck with the air on or leaning against his truck watching something on his phone is the foremen .

The rest of the people doing the work are usually immigrants because todays American families raise their kids to be computer geeks that sit on their asses as kids playing with a Iphone or iPad because the parents don't parent .

Instead they hand their children a electronic devise to put them in (What i call) Zombie mode so they can do the same sit around on their asses watching youtube video's which has become a HUGE American past time . Use to be as a child we would go out & play B Ball or Baseball ride bikes & other such things not today just break out the iPad .

That is the reason for the so called worker shortage because todays American's are ENTITLED simply because they were born in America . Then you add to the mix that in the schools they have basically done away with any learning of skilled trades such as wood shop, metal shop, auto shop & others that is another bad hit for America .

Yes people do want to come to America but for reasons other than what you believe to be at the center of it they want to come here some in part to make a better life but others to get all the free bees that our gov't hands out & they will learn the ease in which they can scam the system even before they get here .

I'm all for people coming here LEGALLY because i as one that isn't afraid to bust my ass as i tear out a tile floor to redo it at sixty something can't find a young white American that is motivated enough to get off their ass & mow the lawn let alone learn a Physical skilled trade is near impossible .

Let me ask you this how many young white American children do you see in your neighborhood in the fall raking leafs or mowing lawns (with a push mower) or other wise I'll wait ----------- that's right NONE because they are to busy on their iPads & such .

Use tho be America land of the free home of the brave which in some instances is still true but now it goes more something like this -

America land filled with greed & home of the entitled .

That being said it is still the best country in the world but the people have created these problems both in society & in politics because in both there are more that are learning things from books with no practical hands on experience that grow up to think entitlement is the American way & today's problems are the result of it .

But you keep looking to Joe & he will fix it all -- LOL !! 

My response is from personal observation. I too worked in the construction field, in Southern California.  Less than twenty years ago the only Spanish speaking tradesmen were on the landscaping crews. Now, twenty years later, you’re hard pressed to hear English being spoken by ANY of the trades on site. So much so that it’s become a bit dangerous with the lack of communication skills on a risk intense environment like a construction site. Why has this happened in such a short time period? I can’t say that I know for sure, but these are not low paying jobs! These are prevailing wage (Union matching) hourly rate positions. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My response is from personal observation. I too worked in the construction field, in Southern California.  Less than twenty years ago the only Spanish speaking tradesmen were on the landscaping crews. Now, twenty years later, you’re hard pressed to hear English being spoken by ANY of the trades on site. So much so that it’s become a bit dangerous with the lack of communication skills on a risk intense environment like a construction site. Why has this happened in such a short time period? I can’t say that I know for sure, but these are not low paying jobs! These are prevailing wage (Union matching) hourly rate positions. 

Well it all starts with the politicians !!!!!! 

Use to be in America you had to assimilate into the American culture first you learn enough english coming here BECAUSE THIS IS A ENGLISH SPEAKING NATION so you can communicate as you have said but now it's a open door policy or that is what they are trying for so you put that in with lack of learning skilled trades, influx of iPads & such, & the absolute down fall of parenting and welcome to todays America .

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Well it all starts with the politicians !!!!!! 

Use to be in America you had to assimilate into the American culture first you learn enough english coming here BECAUSE THIS IS A ENGLISH SPEAKING NATION so you can communicate as you have said but now it's a open door policy or that is what they are trying for so you put that in with lack of learning skilled trades, influx of iPads & such, & the absolute down fall of parenting and welcome to todays America .

My point on the language was to make it clear that these workers are almost surely new immigrants. They are very hard working people. The question is why aren’t American kids aspiring to these positions? If you ask an American teenage boy, he’ll say he wants to be a fireman, not a construction worker. There are way more construction jobs than fire fighter positions. Interesting. 

12 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

If that's not a tell tail sign of not caring at all about illegal immigration i don't know what is - but there is no crisis at the border nope not 1 thing wrong down there is there Joe ? 

What a DA we have in office he just doesn't get it in any way shape or form & we have at least 2 devout followers here that believe he's the best thing since sliced bread stupid is as stupid does !! 

• Agree 2

Biden Gives Away the Game With Remarks in Mexico

He then went on to say that Republicans shouldn’t be criticizing him because they were not fully on board with his plans for amnesty. Why should they be?

And it’s his obligation to protect our borders, not throw open the doors and make it easier for people to get in. He just went to the border and showed he didn’t learn a darn thing about how out of control the situation has been.

Then Biden made a remark he’s made on other occasions and I still don’t understand what he’s trying to say with this. He claimed that people aren’t selling all they own and paying a coyote. But in many instances, that’s exactly what they are doing. It’s costing thousands to get across the border with a coyote from the cartels and Biden has made the cartels rich with his failed policies

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/01/10/biden-gives-away-the-game-with-remarks-in-mexico-n686682

• Angry 1