Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There are work visa programs for admitting foreign workers that match specific skill deficiencies and needs in the economy.  Flooding the country in an uncontrolled manner with low skill and mostly uneducated "workers" that may or may not match to "open" jobs which may require all forms of public assistance for the foreseeable future isn't the answer.

And as far as American workers, so they don't want to work.  If they are of sound mind and body, frankly I don't care what they want.  I wouldn't want to work either if I could get all my expenses and bills paid by the taxpayer through public assistance programs.  Send me 3 or 4 grand a month and I prove my point.  We need to be honest here and start addressing the issues of motivation and incentive regarding work.    

We need a more forceful foreign policy and yes more $$$$ to get some countries in our own back yard back to being livable. We can't have everyone in the world coming, but if their countries are falling apart, they will. 

I get the GOP will fight tooth and nail against helping other countries, it's like they like the border crisis 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

We need a more forceful foreign policy and yes more $$$$ to get some countries in our own back yard back to being livable. We can't have everyone in the world coming, but if their countries are falling apart, they will. 

I get the GOP will fight tooth and nail against helping other countries, it's like they like the border crisis 

Obviously you are morally superior to many of us here.  But given that, nobody is stopping you from doing that on your own.  If you feel so strongly, then why don't you and other like-minded individuals get yourselves into one of these countries, commit your savings and assets to the cause, and help make it happen?  Instead of insisting the taxpayers pick up the tab for something they might now be up to doing because they see other priorities here at home.   

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You sound evil. 

They are humans who are suffering but you got all you need. Let them eat cake, sniff 

Evil...no. Sane...yes. There are now, and always have been, poor people all over the planet. They've generally respected international law in their migratory patterns.  What is so different this time?

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Obviously you are morally superior to many of us here.  But given that, nobody is stopping you from doing that on your own.  If you feel so strongly, then why don't you and other like-minded individuals get yourselves into one of these countries, commit your savings and assets to the cause, and help make it happen?  Instead of insisting the taxpayers pick up the tab for something they might now be up to doing because they see other priorities here at home.   

Ok, I'll try and explain this to you. If you can't understand let me know and I'll simplify it further

Our government has huge influence and can do a lot more than any private citizen, so it's better, if you actually want results (You don't) to have the governmnet involved 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Evil...no. Sane...yes. There are now, and always have been, poor people all over the planet. They've generally respected international law in their migratory patterns.  What is so different this time?

Transportation and communication improvements have changed a lot, you have not noticed that? 

That has made a difference 

world is getting smaller, just like you said 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Transportation and communication improvements have changed a lot, you have not noticed that? 

That has made a difference 

Now you're just being silly. It's your position that poor people only discovered the cell phone since Joe Biden was elected?  How so? Did they get a text from him?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Now you're just being silly. It's your position that poor people only discovered the cell phone since Joe Biden was elected?  How so? Did they get a text from him?

Taken together with failed states, easing or corona, they have started north. 

Trump had people coming to the border, too. So did Reagan, so did LBJ, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Taken together with failed states, easing or corona, they have started north. 

Trump had people coming to the border, too. So did Reagan, so did LBJ, etc. 

And the silliness continues. You really need to invest in a map! It's a very long border and the majority are not Mexicans. These people are purposely walking into our country at points other than our designated Points of Entry.  This is not in accordance with international norms or laws....especially when they are in no imminent danger.  

This back and forth exposes your real agenda.

Have a great day!

Edited by SoCal Deek

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, I'll try and explain this to you. If you can't understand let me know and I'll simplify it further

Our government has huge influence and can do a lot more than any private citizen, so it's better, if you actually want results (You don't) to have the government involved

I understand all of that.  But here's the dilemma.  Resources, capital, labor, other inputs of the physical and financial world are finite.  You can't help everyone, you can't fund everything, you can't do everything.  There are benefits, cost, constraints, limits, choices, priorities, and trade offs.  The government's ability to spend is constrained by the amount of tax revenue it collects and by how much credit it can issue.  That's the nature of the budgeting, spending, and prioritization process.  

The other thing I might add is our government is already providing the funding and assistance for what creates these Central American authoritarian military police states that terrorize their own citizens.  Which creates the environment where people find it imperative to flee these conditions.  So now you're asking us to not only fund the creation of the problem but also the solution to the problem?  Just stop sending guns and assistance to these governments.  Problem solved.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Border Patrol agents ‘beyond frustrated’ with White House handling of border chaos.

Or, you know, reality: these dolts were expecting to create paradise out of Marxist principles, and have no understanding of how their plans are destroying everything, and no concept of unintended consequences.

el-paso-border-migrants-13.jpg?quality=7

https://nypost.com/2023/01/07/border-agents-frustrated-with-white-house-handling-of-border/?lctg=607d8ed870302947037deb56

• Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Border Patrol agents ‘beyond frustrated’ with White House handling of border chaos.

Or, you know, reality: these dolts were expecting to create paradise out of Marxist principles, and have no understanding of how their plans are destroying everything, and no concept of unintended consequences.

el-paso-border-migrants-13.jpg?quality=7

https://nypost.com/2023/01/07/border-agents-frustrated-with-white-house-handling-of-border/?lctg=607d8ed870302947037deb56

What should be done? 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well, the wall was a really dumb idea 

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I can't find any footage of Biden speaking during his trip.

Did he get inside of a mile of anyone who might ask him a question or any illegal aliens?

Doesn't appear to have.

So? 

What do you want him to do, tell the poor, desperate immigrants to go home? 

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What should be done? 

Well, the wall was a really dumb idea 

If it’s so dumb, why are we paying for border walls for other countries?

You don’t like it because Trump did it. If biden did that, you would love it!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

Oh really? Trump could cure cancer and you would still disagree. 

Do you realize how childish you appear to be?

Trump cure cancer? Ha ha, that idiot can't even keep track of his own finances, he is a complete, one term loser, disgraced ex-president

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yes, Biden should tell them to go someplace else! 

In fact, Biden’s trip – which turned out to be as big a flop as Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to El Paso in June 2021 – was so obviously a photo-op that even the Democrat apologists at CNN didn’t let him off the hook, calling it “tightly controlled” in the headline…

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In fact, Biden’s trip – which turned out to be as big a flop as Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to El Paso in June 2021 – was so obviously a photo-op that even the Democrat apologists at CNN didn’t let him off the hook, calling it “tightly controlled” in the headline…

Why didn't Trump and the GOP controlled House and Senate pass any immigrtion laws to stop all this? 

Fail