Fulfilling a Promise But Was There a Plan .

‘The worst situation we’ve seen’: Arizona’s governor tries to explain the border ‘crisis’ to the Biden admin and D.C.

I've been governor under three presidents, and this is by far the worst situation we've seen

Washington has never been more out of touch, and it starts at the top 

The Biden administration's words & actions caused this crisis The perception among migrants is that US borders are open, asylum policies have changed & now is the time to head north

This administration must act now & deter individuals from making this dangerous journey

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘The worst situation we’ve seen’: Arizona’s governor tries to explain the border ‘crisis’ to the Biden admin and D.C.

I've been governor under three presidents, and this is by far the worst situation we've seen

Washington has never been more out of touch, and it starts at the top 

The Biden administration's words & actions caused this crisis The perception among migrants is that US borders are open, asylum policies have changed & now is the time to head north

This administration must act now & deter individuals from making this dangerous journey

Chris Wallace, oddly a democrat on Fox News did a good job interviewing Mayorkas today I thought as I listed on the Bloomberg radio channel while driving somewhere. 

Mayorkas Blamed covid for blocking press from assessing situation in the border camps and dodged questions about putting kids in the same cages previously vilified by MSM.  It is interesting how that kids in cages narrative just vanished. 

immigration is core to our country, but how much of an influx can we absorb especially when unemployment recovery seems to have stalled and 60 million people are already on welfare? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

DHS chief says border closed, won't give timeline for facilities capable of handling surge of unaccompanied children

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/21/politics/alejandro-mayorkas-border-closed-immigration-facilities-cnntv/index.html

Here we go with the "from scratch" excuse again.

Mayorkas defended the administration's work at the southern border and placed blame on the Trump administration for dismantling the immigration system, saying his department now has to rebuild it "from scratch."

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

It’s obviously a very complicated issue - if it were easy to resolve it would have been by now... but we will never win unless we focus on the source.

No ideas just complaint?  Got it. Thanks for playing....or not. 

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No ideas just complaint?  Got it. Thanks for playing....or not. 

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. 

If you don’t understand addressing the issue at the source - then that’s on you Jimmy.

Enjoy your rabbit hole.

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Promise of free ***** + promise of easy access = what we have here. 

I’ve been saying this for awhile now. 

Everyone knows this.  Even the libs.  They just need to blame the bad pub on someone else.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. 

If you don’t understand addressing the issue at the source - then that’s on you Jimmy.

Enjoy your rabbit hole.

Addressing the issue at its source?  What the ***** does that mean?  Please explain what you consider “the source” and what ideas do you have on how to address it?   

One man’s rabbit hole is another’s adult discussion.  

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Addressing the issue at its source?  What the ***** does that mean?  Please explain what you consider “the source” and what ideas do you have on how to address it?   

One man’s rabbit hole is another’s adult discussion.  

YOU already alluded to what we have to do - we have to invest and incentivize companies to expand operations in Central America.

We have to help remove the corrupt actors down there and collaborate with governments to improve the living situations and it starts with jobs and economic development.

The solutions are not easy but doing nothing AT THE SOURCE isn’t going to stop people from deserting the hell they currently live in.

And the GQP bandaid approach clearly hasn’t worked either.

The imperative to address the root causes of migration from Central America

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

YOU already alluded to what we have to do - we have to invest and incentivize companies to expand operations in Central America.

We have to help remove the corrupt actors down there and collaborate with governments to improve the living situations and it starts with jobs and economic development.

The solutions are not easy but doing nothing AT THE SOURCE isn’t going to stop people from deserting the hell they currently live in.

And the GQP bandaid approach clearly hasn’t worked either.

The imperative to address the root causes of migration from Central America

You were doing sooooo well and then you went and mentioned the GOP as the only bad actor in this.  Dude take your partisan blinders off and see that both sides of the aisle have led us down a wrong path just to keep their phony baloney jobs. 

So are you saying the source is the countries where they are coming from?  That's only part of the source of the issue.  The issue is the American way of life.  They come here for a slice of the American dream pie.  Well that's not going away so the other source is also here in the US.  We have to make it very difficult to hire and maintain an illegal workforce.  We have to STOP with these high minimum wage mandates that make a black market (i.e illegals) work force thrive.  We have to put some teeth into our laws and punish companies and industries (like the one i was deep in for 25 years....restaurants) who hire illegals.  And the last part of the source lays smack dab in the middle of both of these.  Our porous border.  That is why many of us are adamant about fixing it.  Is it a wall?  Is it more patrolling.  Is it drones with laser beams (my favorite)?  It's a combination of all.  But an open border to the "American Dream" is a very very very dumb idea. 

So to recap we need to help drive up their economies and my idea is make Mexico and Central America centers for manufacturing.  We have to stop the incentives for companies to hire them and we have to secure the border.  And lastly we have to be #######s!!  STOP being MR/Mrs nice guy/gal and wanting to altruistically take care of the world.  There is a word politicians have a hard time of saying and it fits here.  Just say NO!!  

• Like (+1) 2