Why TE Everett?

Curious about a 2nd year of a higher pick of a TE.  Everett seems to be a reach -  if they wanted to feature a TE in the pass offense, they should have drafted Stanford's Alex Smith. The Bill's offense - since Reismerma left - is not close to TE - oriented. Bledsoe seldom looked in the te's direction, even with last year's injuries notwithsanding, and with their drafting of the wr smurf as top pick, I am at a loss.

Bottom line - TE is not part of their offensive scheme - why waste a pick?  Even if Everett is the best thing out there, they don't toss the business that way.  Cripe, I'm sure that JP will follow Cincy's Palmer - wet behind the ears with eyes on one or two wr's - the B'gals TE catches fell almost in half from '03 because the functional rookie Palmer did not have the experience to pick up the opportunities.

And nothing against the pick of a CB - could have done that in lieu of the te pick -but I'm surprised that they PASSED on LB Mike Boley.

318027[/snapback]

New Offensive scheme this year compared to last. Many more bootlegs, roll outs etc... You need an athletic tight end to roll with the QB.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor management.  Perhaps part of a set-up for the franchise move... <_<

318077[/snapback]

So it's all a Major League-esque setup for a move. Gotcha!

This was yet another draft by the Bills not to build a competitive club but a draft to get the Madden-esque fans into the stands.

318191[/snapback]

And as part of that plan, we're going to get fans into the stands!

Are you actually interested in advancing any kind of serious argument here?

My guess is that they didn't throw to them because we have subpar tight ends.  Euhus can't catch the ball and Campbell is slow.

Personally, I think Everett is going to be a stud TE by the latter end of the season.

318575[/snapback]

I think you're right. Mularkey has never really had a good recieving TE on any of his teams in Pittsburgh or Buffalo. He may be willing to utilize the TE in the passing game if he's got a dangerous reciever at the position.

There's also the injury consideration. The top two TEs on the team are both coming off major injuries, and though both are expected to recover, there are no guarantees. Considering those injuries, its that much harder to pass up a guy in R3 of a weak draft who has a much higher potential ceiling than the players already on the roster.