Dear TD bashers

Why would you possibly want Donohoe to have traded Travis last year for a top pick when he could have, or trade him for a 4th - 5th rounder this past weekend, or trade him for anything he can get in the future? Please tell me why you would be happy with this? The player he is going to draft for TH will be just as stupid, we won't need, will not be Jonathan Ogden, will have no chance to make it in the NFL and is destined to be a bust anyway, making our team even worse than it is now. Right?

This played out pretty much as TD said it would. He and the brass put a value and a worth as they see it on Henry, and wanted something of equal value for him. No one came close to it, for the myriad of reasons already discussed, and now he's our back-up this year until someone makes an offer for what he is worth. Nothing really has changed.

317891[/snapback]

TD should have traded Travis last season when he had any value at all.

Imo, saying this is not akin to "bashing" TD. It is also not to say that I could do a better job, which is of course ridiculous.

In terms of player decisions, I think almost every move TD has made was good. His drafts were at least average, perhaps better (and I do NOT count 05). He has done good things with the cap, and most of his free agent signings were superb.

Unlike many, I am not ready to declare JP a smashing success, so the jury is still out on this major move.

In summary, I think that TD is a class act and a fine GM, especially when taking into account that RW has a lot less money to spend than Snyder, Allen, blank, etc.

No, my problem is not with TD. ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. This is a happy occasion.

With JP, Holcolm, and Matthews, it made no sense to draft another QB. JP and Holcolm are expected to get the snaps for the next several years.

As soon as some team loses an RB in camp or preseason, we will be offered better than a 4th for TH. If TH doesn't report, we save his salary this year.

TE was a need that got addressed with Everett.

We gained a lot of speed on offense.

We didn't have a pick in the draft until #55, so we couldn't expect too much of an immediate impact. However, Roscoe will have an impact this year returning punts or as a #3 receiver.

Not sure how that'd have been possible, given that WM hadn't played a meaningful down of football in over 2 years.

NFL GMs notice many of the same things we do.

318109[/snapback]

Perhaps he could have brought in a cheap stop-gap type player. Looking at the early record, it could only have been an improvement.

TD should have traded Travis last season when he had any value at all.

Imo, saying this is not akin to "bashing" TD. It is also not to say that I could do a better job, which is of course ridiculous.

In terms of player decisions, I think almost every move TD has made was good. His drafts were at least average, perhaps better (and I do NOT count 05). He has done good things with the cap, and most of his free agent signings were superb.

Unlike many, I am not ready to declare JP a smashing success, so the jury is still out on this major move.

In summary, I think that TD is a class act and a fine GM, especially when taking into account that RW has a lot less money to spend than Snyder, Allen, blank, etc.

No, my problem is not with TD.  ;)

318080[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider you a TD basher anyway.

The point about the stopgap trade doesn't make any sense to me. The problem the Bills had is that they thought they had two very good RBs, but they weren't sure about one of them, because of Willis' injury. They didn't know at this time whether he would make it back 100% or not. They were worried that instead of two good backs they would have none if they trade Travis and Willis isn't better. So why trade for a stopgap? If Willis doesn't make it all the way back you still are stuck with none.