Biden's follies

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So what is the point of reposting the same Twitter monkey's take multiple times from multiple people in multiple threads?

If you can't see the reason for posting the same tweet, but in different threads, well it doesn't say much for your intellect 

As to your standard practice of being childishly dismissive of the twitter author (in this case an author and radio personality with millions of followers) 

well, we all know why you do that.

B-)

On 6/8/2024 at 1:16 PM, B-Man said:

If you can't see the reason for posting the same tweet, but in different threads, well it doesn't say much for your intellect 

As to your standard practice of being childishly dismissive of the twitter author (in this case an author and radio personality with millions of followers) 

well, we all know why you do that.

B-)

So, as I just said ... you guys don't even bother to read each other's posts. 

It's all about trolling someone or someones ... I suppose that means me. In which case it's working since I do actually read these reposted tweets some of the time, and I notice the lack of any original thought.

Biden Vetoes Chance to Give U.S. Troops a Pay Raise Despite Spending Seven Times More On Ukraine

by Sarah Arnold

The Biden Administration is facing intense criticism after shooting down a proposal to give U.S. military troops a pay raise. The House Armed Services Committee’s (HASC) draft of the 2025 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) proposed a $24 billion pay raise to enlisted U.S. service members. However, the Biden Administration said that it “strongly opposes” approving such a “significant” and “permanent” pay raise, citing budgetary constraints. On the contrary, the Democratic administration recently just approved spending nearly seven times the amount to fund Ukraine’s ongoing war with Russia.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2024/06/12/biden-vetoes-chance-to-give-us-troops-a-pay-raise-n2640388

https://x.com/HASCRepublicans/status/1778522122694127997?

img_0986.jpg?w=1024

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden Vetoes Chance to Give U.S. Troops a Pay Raise Despite Spending Seven Times More On Ukraine

by Sarah Arnold

The Biden Administration is facing intense criticism after shooting down a proposal to give U.S. military troops a pay raise. The House Armed Services Committee’s (HASC) draft of the 2025 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) proposed a $24 billion pay raise to enlisted U.S. service members. However, the Biden Administration said that it “strongly opposes” approving such a “significant” and “permanent” pay raise, citing budgetary constraints. On the contrary, the Democratic administration recently just approved spending nearly seven times the amount to fund Ukraine’s ongoing war with Russia.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2024/06/12/biden-vetoes-chance-to-give-us-troops-a-pay-raise-n2640388

img_0986.jpg?w=1024

But hey, at least he didn't (allegedly) call them "suckers and losers."

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Sarah Arnold

img_0986.jpg?w=1024

If anyone deserves a huge pay raise as well as free health care and every other benefit out there that can make their life easier it's the men and women of our military. 

0a674260-1041-439b-90b9-202e0ed48043-105

Priorities. 

President Biden is leaving the G7 summit a day early because he has a celebrity-filled fundraiser to attend in California. He is skipping out on a Ukraine peace summit in Switzerland. 

Vice President Kamala Harris is set to represent the United States in Switzerland. My first response was heaven help us. Who knows what kind of nonsense she will say or agree to? 

It's not a lot different than having Biden there, I suppose. The optics are bad, though. Biden is the president, at least for now. Biden's big claim to success was agreeing with other G7 members to give Ukraine billions of dollars in support of their war efforts against Putin. 

So, it's strange that Biden makes the big announcement of saddling America with a 10-year commitment to Ukraine, along with our G7 allies, and then skipping the peace summit. But, again, maybe not. Does Biden really contribute anything to these summits? His brain is mostly mush at this point because of the dementia. I don't say that to be cruel. It's the truth, we can all see him failing. We have eyes and ears. 

It seems to me that a fully functioning president would want to be involved in the peace summit. He would want to have his ideas heard by other world leaders involved in supporting Ukraine. America used to take the lead in world affairs. That doesn't happen with this administration. Biden leads from behind. He doesn't set the agenda. 

He's off to California for a big, celebrity-packed fundraiser on Saturday. The hosts include George Clooney and Julia Roberts. President Zelensky asked Biden to skip it and go to Switzerland for the peace summit but Biden is sticking with his Hollywood pals. Who could blame Zelensky for asking Biden to stay when he knows Kamala is going to fill in? 

This is where I get a strong chill up my spine when I realize that this is part of Kamala's on-the-job training. There is no way that Joe Biden will survive another 4-year term in office. If Biden is re-elected, we will get President Kamala. If that doesn't make voters jump off the couch and go vote, I don't know what will. Biden is certainly bad enough but Kamala would be even worse.

This decision is a double-edged sword for Biden. He chooses a political fundraiser for his re-election over a peace summit. Yet, this is how the game is played. Politicians have to raise money. 

The top-ticket package costs $500,000. 

Jessica Levinson, an election law professor at Loyola Law School, said that it is a trade-off. For the majority of American voters, at a time when 60% of Americans say they are living paycheck to paycheck, this will look tone-deaf. Biden is having a let them eat cake moment. 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/06/14/biden-skips-peace-summit-to-hurry-home-for-a-celebrity-fundraiser-n3790285

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

0a674260-1041-439b-90b9-202e0ed48043-105

Priorities. 

President Biden is leaving the G7 summit a day early because he has a celebrity-filled fundraiser to attend in California. He is skipping out on a Ukraine peace summit in Switzerland. 

Vice President Kamala Harris is set to represent the United States in Switzerland. My first response was heaven help us. Who knows what kind of nonsense she will say or agree to? 

It's not a lot different than having Biden there, I suppose. The optics are bad, though. Biden is the president, at least for now. Biden's big claim to success was agreeing with other G7 members to give Ukraine billions of dollars in support of their war efforts against Putin. 

So, it's strange that Biden makes the big announcement of saddling America with a 10-year commitment to Ukraine, along with our G7 allies, and then skipping the peace summit. But, again, maybe not. Does Biden really contribute anything to these summits? His brain is mostly mush at this point because of the dementia. I don't say that to be cruel. It's the truth, we can all see him failing. We have eyes and ears. 

It seems to me that a fully functioning president would want to be involved in the peace summit. He would want to have his ideas heard by other world leaders involved in supporting Ukraine. America used to take the lead in world affairs. That doesn't happen with this administration. Biden leads from behind. He doesn't set the agenda. 

He's off to California for a big, celebrity-packed fundraiser on Saturday. The hosts include George Clooney and Julia Roberts. President Zelensky asked Biden to skip it and go to Switzerland for the peace summit but Biden is sticking with his Hollywood pals. Who could blame Zelensky for asking Biden to stay when he knows Kamala is going to fill in? 

This is where I get a strong chill up my spine when I realize that this is part of Kamala's on-the-job training. There is no way that Joe Biden will survive another 4-year term in office. If Biden is re-elected, we will get President Kamala. If that doesn't make voters jump off the couch and go vote, I don't know what will. Biden is certainly bad enough but Kamala would be even worse.

This decision is a double-edged sword for Biden. He chooses a political fundraiser for his re-election over a peace summit. Yet, this is how the game is played. Politicians have to raise money. 

The top-ticket package costs $500,000. 

Jessica Levinson, an election law professor at Loyola Law School, said that it is a trade-off. For the majority of American voters, at a time when 60% of Americans say they are living paycheck to paycheck, this will look tone-deaf. Biden is having a let them eat cake moment. 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/06/14/biden-skips-peace-summit-to-hurry-home-for-a-celebrity-fundraiser-n3790285

Skipping all that for Clooney and Roberts, two has beens (younger people know them more for selling coffee and perfume, respectively), is a great idea.  At least involving Taylor Swift makes sense.

On 6/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

You guys obviously don't even bother to read each other's posts. 

So what is the point of reposting the same Twitter monkey's take multiple times from multiple people in multiple threads?

It's some kind of weird performative Trumpism I guess.

Second time I've pointed this out in the last two days, and that's just based on a quick skim of all the duplicative topics.

Your response to this take wasn't clear to me. I needed to hear it again!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3BKOGYchfjx2ivLxPobm

Joe Biden is a one-trick-pony with a single act: Blame Donald Trump

By Michael Goodwin

Burn our boats,” came the order from 16th-century Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés.

Having landed in the New World, legend has it that he wanted to drive his troops to victory by eliminating their only chance of escape. 

Joe Biden is nobody’s idea of a swashbuckling adventurer or military leader, but he is adopting a political version of Cortés’ gamble.

Signs indicate the president is giving up on selling his White House term as a success and betting his re-election campaign on a single message: Donald Trump is bad for America. 

Make that really, really, really bad.

He’ll kill democracy and lock up his opponents. 

Remember Jan. 6 and, oh, he’s a convicted felon, too. 

From here to November, that’s the sum and substance of what the president and his surrogates will say.

It will be the heart of their advertising and get-out-the-vote campaigns, with virtually every dollar going toward defining Trump as the absolute worst person in the world. 

Gone from the campaign plan, or so diminished it might as well be gone, are any claims of Biden’s own accomplishments. 

Remember his brief effort to sell “Bidenomics” as a raging success? 

Shelved as a failure and object of ridicule. 

How about the claim that Biden tamed inflation, which was 9% when he took office? 

Debunked as a lie.

Then there’s the southern border.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/22/opinion/joe-biden-is-a-one-trick-pony-with-only-one-act-blame-donald-trump/