Detroit Lions WRs

PTS

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and now Mike Williams? Without a doubt the best young crop of WRs in decades.

If Joey Harrington can't get it done with these guys, he will never amount to anything.

Three years from now, they will make St. Louis' passing happy team from a few years ago look like bums.

EDIT: I'd like to make my prediction today that Mike Williams will become the next TO and Randy Moss.

EDIT #2: Obviously, if Rogers can stay heathly these guys would be the best young crop of WRs in decades. ;)

C. Rodgers cant stay healthy. i have a feeling on eof the 3 will be hurt again. so it will just be 2 WR.

and williams is a rookie, so it might take him ~ a season to be as good as people think he will be.

they needed a Safety. if harrington can do something good, they will ahve a good O and a bad D.

The only problem is that Charles Rogers has broken his collarbone in the same exact spot two years running. I'm wondering if this is going to be a chronic problem for Rogers and they have drafted Williams to replace him. Best case scenario like you stated....a dynamic trio of WR's for Harrington to throw to.

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and now Mike Williams? Without a doubt the best young crop of WRs in decades.

If Joey Harrington can't get it done with these guys, he will never amount to anything.

Three years from now, they will make St. Louis' passing happy team from a few years ago look like bums.

EDIT: I'd like to make my prediction today that Mike Williams will become the next TO and Randy Moss.

317808[/snapback]

How can you advocate such moronic drafting?

The only problem is that Charles Rogers has broken his collarbone in the same exact spot two years running.  I'm wondering if this is going to be a chronic problem for Rogers and they have drafted Williams to replace him.  Best case scenario like you stated....a dynamic trio of WR's for Harrington to throw to.

317812[/snapback]

i thaught rodgers broke his bone in another spot this year... maybe im wrong...

i thaught rodgers broke his bone in another spot this year... maybe im wrong...

317814[/snapback]

I stand corrected....

http://www.detnews.com/2004/lions/0409/14/d01-272939.htm

Rogers was hurt on the Lions’ third offensive play in Sunday’s game at Chicago and will miss the rest of the season. He broke the same collarbone, but in a different place, during practice in October 2003 and missed the last 11 games.

Harrington? Unless Garcia gets hurt I doubt he'll sniff the field after week 2.

317828[/snapback]

I forgot they have Garcia, I didn't think you were allowed to have two gay QBs on the same team. I thought there was some rule against that.

I'll go on record saying Mike Williams will be the next Keyshawn Johnson--i.e., a glorified, over-hyped possession receiver.

317841[/snapback]

If by possession you mean catching everything that comes near him, you're right. ;)

The guy has the best hands I've ever seen on a WR.

C. Rodgers cant stay healthy. i have a feeling on eof the 3 will be hurt again. so it will just be 2 WR.

and williams is a rookie, so it might take him ~ a season to be as good as people think he will be.

they needed a Safety. if harrington can do something good, they will ahve a good O and a bad D.

317811[/snapback]

Don't forget the Lions also have Az Hakim in the Mix too.

If by possession you mean catching everything that comes near him, you're right.  ;)

The guy has the best hands I've ever seen on a WR.

317842[/snapback]

I just don't think he has the same explosiveness as a TO and Randy Moss. He'll be great in the red zone and over the middle, in the same way Keyshawn was. But I guess time will tell who's right on this guy.

I agree with todd, how can you guys sit there and promote such draft idiocy. Mike williams was a waste of a pick. they are going to be tied up in the cap later. Think about it. You have three receivers hwo see themselves as the number one guy and getting paid 1st round money. Plain idiocy. Matt Millen is incompetent.