Profit/loss margin:

scribo

I am little surprised to hear TD may have let TH go for a third rounder, especially, if it was a late third rounder.

Sure, if the Bills keep Henry this season they will most likely get nothing for him at the end of the year. Although there are some tagging options to look at later.

But the fact is that the Bills NEED to have a solid backup running back this season if they want to compete for a playoff spot. I love McGahee. I think he’ll be even better this season. But he has not shown a whole lot of durability so far. I'd say the chances of him missing a game or two this upcoming year are pretty high.

The profit/loss situation comes in when we think about how much the Bills would have to spend (in whatever form) to acquire a solid backup running back who wouldn't hurt us if he had to start a couple games this year.

A risky late third rounder at any position is not likely to bring as much value to the team as it would cost the team to acquire a solid running back.

As long as Henry will play when called upon, which I think he will, keeping Henry is a better value for the Bills.