Interesting Post on the Bills and LT position

I agree that it is a huge leap in one off-season to go from a UDFA TE who couldn't block to a starting LT.

PS I wouldn't call him a great ST player based on one blocked punt.  Bit of a reach.

317711[/snapback]

I guess great ST player was a stretch, but he made a lot of opposing players crap their pants on kickoffs too. I would not want to try to block him with him running at full speed.

Ladies and Germs, FINALLY someone that understands.

We'll see how much JP likes getting hit by the Jason Taylors of the world.

317660[/snapback]

so, are you suggesting that if mcnally -- a long-time, respected OL coach -- determines over the course of minicamps and training camp that peters is capable of starting at LT for the bills, he "doesn't understand" football?

got any GM or NFL coaching jobs lined up? ;)

look, man, none of us know who the starting LT is going to be. but to suggest that the bills have their heads up their asses at this point is ridiculous.

should we as fans ask questions? sure. should we be critical of decisions that don't pan out? of course. but show a little optimism and have some respect for personnel men and coaches who are well respected and paid to do their jobs. it's not like we're the freaking redskins.

so, are you suggesting that if mcnally -- a long-time, respected OL coach -- determines over the course of minicamps and training camp that peters is capable of starting at LT for the bills, he "doesn't understand" football?

got any GM or NFL coaching jobs lined up?  ;)

look, man, none of us know who the starting LT is going to be.  but to suggest that the bills have their heads up their asses at this point is ridiculous.

should we as fans ask questions?  sure.  should we be critical of decisions that don't pan out?  of course.  but show a little optimism and have some respect for personnel men and coaches who are well respected and paid to do their jobs.  it's not like we're the freaking redskins.

317809[/snapback]

Thank you. Dont pass me the koolaid just yet !

look, man, none of us know who the starting LT is going to be.  but to suggest that the bills have their heads up their asses at this point is ridiculous.

should we as fans ask questions?  sure.  should we be critical of decisions that don't pan out?  of course.  but show a little optimism and have some respect for personnel men and coaches who are well respected and paid to do their jobs.  it's not like we're the freaking redskins.

317809[/snapback]

I'm not saying McNally isn't a great OL coach, I'm just of the OPINION that Peters making the transition from undrafted TE bust to starting LT in one off-season would be a huge long shot. If this is how it plays out, McNally really does walk on water! :lol:

I can see it now... Tackle Elligible Jason Peters.

JP takes the snap, Peters leaves his left tackle position and goes out for the pass. 

JP hands the ball off to our Speedy Roscoe Parrish who runs to the right faster than any corner on the other team... everyone is pursuing him... he stops, then using his Quarterback skills he had in High School, throws the ball back to JP who has sense used his speed to set up a nice lateral across the field.  JP drills a pass to Peters who is now running his way to a touchdown.

I can imagine can't I?

317739[/snapback]

;)

Dare to dream brother, dare to dream :lol:

I can see it now... Tackle Elligible Jason Peters.

JP takes the snap, Peters leaves his left tackle position and goes out for the pass. 

JP hands the ball off to our Speedy Roscoe Parrish who runs to the right faster than any corner on the other team... everyone is pursuing him... he stops, then using his Quarterback skills he had in High School, throws the ball back to JP who has sense used his speed to set up a nice lateral across the field.  JP drills a pass to Peters who is now running his way to a touchdown.

I can imagine can't I?

317739[/snapback]

Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny?

If you think that was Peters only contribution on ST last season, you weren't paying attention.

318021[/snapback]

I didn't have a chance to break down my ST film from last year. ;) Feel free to list the phenoms other accomplishments. I guess I'm missing the boat on Peters.

The premise of the "phenom" absorbing enough of the necessary technique elements to come out and be effective at a higher level than he's ever faced brings to memory Michael Jordan hacking away at major league curve balls.

317809[/snapback]

Let me put it to you this way, friend....If McNally can turn a guy who has never played LT into a starting NFL LT, then well, he's God incarnate. While I like peters as a ST player, i'm just not convinced he can hack it as an every-down LT.