Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

C.Biscuit97

Given that Andy Reid's idea of "going wild" to celebrate the biggest accomplishment of his career was staying up late listening to the music, watching the party, and having a big old double bacon cheeseburger, I don't think he's the type to encourage his children to drink. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I doubt the bolded, unless things have changed dramatically in recent times.

For example: You are a police officer in a marked vehicle. The car in front of you swerves. You think that he might be intox and pull him over. It turns out that he dropped something on the floor and reached for it, thus causing the vehicle to swerve. Now, he can be issued a summons for something like crossing the lines in the pavement, but nothing on paper would indicate suspicion of DUI was why he was pulled over, unless the officer noted it for court records. Even at that, the motorist was never in custody and this would only explain the reason for the car stop, IF the summons went to court.

I don't know if the man was ever pulled over intox and let go. I would hope that he was not. It would be horrible to unleash a stoned out driver on society, and the personal consequences for the officer would be devestating, to include dismissal and the loss of a very sweet pension and for what gain?

if the bolded is the case, and Reid has "multiple DUI contacts", then Reid either has horrible luck or is a terrible driver.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Telling an officer you had 2-3 drinks is not a firm answer,  this usually means you had more and when you add his medication he was on that is a deadly combo.  How in the hell do you ram into two cars on an off ramp? 

Prayers to the family and the kids in the hospital

Ariel's injuries can be seen as she rests from her hospital bed following the crashGoFundMe

On 2/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Telling an officer you had 2-3 drinks is not a firm answer,  this usually means you had more and when you add his medication he was on that is a deadly combo.  How in the hell do you ram into two cars on an off ramp? 

Prayers to the family and the kids in the hospital

The one 5 year old kid is near death & a GoFundMe page has raised more than $123,000 for her since it was started Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

Reid is a great coach and by all accounts a good man. I'm not sure how fair it is to say but it seems like his sons probably could have used more of him in their lives growing up.

I am sure he might have some regrets about that...it is hard to come to terms with how excelling in one area of life can force you into failing in another.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Reid is a great coach and by all accounts a good man. I'm not sure how fair it is to say but it seems like his sons probably could have used more of him in their lives growing up.

I am sure he might have some regrets about that...it is hard to come to terms with how excelling in one area of life can force you into failing in another.

But there are parents who are fully present in their kids lives whose kids struggle with addiction

And kids whose parents are neglectful or abusive or absent all together who stay clean

I'm sure Reid and his wife feel a great sense of failure in any case, just as any parents in their situation must.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well dang, and hear I hoped you were explaining it upthread!  (from the warrant for the blood test: "a computer check revealed ... multiple prior DUI contacts")

Sorry, I never heard of this. Just DUI arrests and/or convictions. Of course, a huge number of DUIs cop to impaired.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry, I never heard of this. Just DUI arrests and/or convictions. of course, a huge number of DUIs cop to impaired.

So I thought the most sensible interpretation was that he'd been pulled over for DUI but pled to impaired or some lesser charge, and those pleas would be in the computer along with the reason for the original stop?

On 2/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, Helpmenow said:

Reid lost one son to overdose when in Philadelphia 

I think having him work for Andy may have been His way to keep a closer eye upon him as compared to nepotism.
Just brutal these moments that happen affecting many.
Prayers to all

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I thought the most sensible interpretation was that he'd been pulled over for DUI but pled to impaired or some lesser charge, and those pleas would be in the computer along with the reason for the original stop?

It is a reasonable theory, but I am not at all familiar with the term "contacts."

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

What’s wrong with you?

Not a thing. I wonder if the NFL will do anti-DWI commercials and make this girl their focal point.

It's a legitimate question, unless people are good with DWI and little children being the victims of that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not a thing. I wonder if the NFL will do anti-DWI commercials and make this girl their focal point.

It's a legitimate question, unless people are good with DWI and little children being the victims of that.

it’s garbage is what it is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

it’s garbage is what it is. 

Nah. DWI and children getting hurt and possibly killed by those drivers isn't garbage. No matter who's at fault.

Bringing awareness to that is never garbage.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1