Whitey taking over the fashion industry

12 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Makes good points. Is that an appropriate way to dress for the most important event in US politics? Is that a proper way to  act, looking totally not interested?

I like Bernie a lot but she has valid points.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Makes good points. Is that an appropriate way to dress for the most important event in US politics? Is that a proper way to  act, looking totally not interested?

Why should Bernie be interested or care?  He's been screwed in the primaries by the Democratic party's political machine in 2016 and again in 2020.  He got torpedoed against Hillary and pushed aside to hoist up "moderate" Joe.  I give him credit just for showing up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

It was 40 degrees out with 30 miles/hr winds, and he's an 80 year old.  Not everything is about race and gender, folks.  Call it "old privilege", if it makes you feel better.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

What’s the “good” point?   

This article is a bunch of horsepucky.  The entire thing, top to bottom, soup to nuts.  

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

It was 40 degrees out with 30 miles/hr winds, and he's an 80 year old.  Not everything is about race and gender, folks.  Call it "old privilege", if it makes you feel better.  

I think just as big a reason he dressed like that is this isn't his first inauguration he's been to multiple before I would guess it's just not as big a deal to him.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, Backintheday544 said:

Looking disinterested is now white privilege? The right to dress appropriately for cold weather is white privilege? If a black congressman dressed the same way no one would comment on it being inappropriate except maybe a few leftist who try to be offended all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2021 at 9:00 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Looking disinterested is now white privilege? The right to dress appropriately for cold weather is white privilege? If a black congressman dressed the same way no one would comment on it being inappropriate except maybe a few leftist who try to be offended all the time.

Over the last 40 years or so we have been dressing more and more casually for everything. I suspect we are only perhaps 2 or 3 presidents away from the president making the state of the union speech in jeans and a t-shirt.

• Haha (+1) 1