Derrick Henry has more yards after contact since 2019 than any other RB has actual yards...craziness!!

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s a freak of nature. 
I’m curious to see his longevity. 

Apparently Najee Harris is close to being a Henry clone so it will be interesting to see if he has similar success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s a freak of nature. 
I’m curious to see his longevity. 

I’ve thought about that as well, does he fall off a cliff performance wise or can he keep it up, as in all things, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Apparently Najee Harris is close to being a Henry clone so it will be interesting to see if he has similar success.

He is a monster and imo fits our offense.  Alabama hasnt been run heavy in years.  Inside the 20 a weapon.  Vs 6 man boxes he would eat.  I dont hate him.  

Don’t get me wrong, he’s very good, but I feel like unless he gets a clean block upfront he’s useless. 

He needs a full head of steam and to get to the second level in order to be truly dangerous. I don’t think he create enough for himself. At least when I’ve watched him play, I’ve been underwhelmed by his ability in the backfield to turn something into nothing. 

He’s truly fun to watch in the open field, but he doesn’t get there without help. You can probably make an argument like that related to just about any RB. That’s why I just don’t find significant value in a RB that can’t be flexed out wide and provide in a variety of ways. 

Give me a McCaffrey, Kamara, Gibson, Hines or Ekeler type RB all day that can create in different scenarios without the consistent dependence on their offensive line. 

I would never touch a RB in the first two rounds, and I’d be hard pressed to grab one in RD3 unless they can do multiple things. Oddly enough the dual purpose skill set seems to be undervalued across the league, but those types of RBs are the most valuable in a modern offense. 

Edited by JGMcD2

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don’t get me wrong, he’s very good, but I feel like unless he gets a clean block upfront he’s useless. 

He needs a full head of steam and to get to the second level in order to be truly dangerous. I don’t think he create enough for himself. At least when I’ve watched him play, I’ve been underwhelmed by his ability in the backfield to turn something into nothing. 

He’s truly fun to watch in the open field, but he doesn’t get there without help. You can probably make an argument like that related to just about any RB. That’s why I just don’t find significant value in a RB that can’t be flexed out wide and provide in a variety of ways. 

Give me a McCaffrey, Kamara, Gibson, Hines or Ekeler type RB all day that can create in different scenarios without the consistent dependence on their offensive line. 

Imo todays defenses are created on speed.  Something to be said for a powerback that steals defenders souls and desires. 

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Imo todays defenses are created on speed.  Something to be said for a powerback that steals defenders souls and desires. 

Yeah for sure, but not at $12.5M a year. 

I would take Kamara or McCaffrey every day of the week over Henry and I’m perfectly fine spending the extra $4M to get RB1 numbers with WR2 numbers from the same player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah for sure, but not at $12.5M a year. 

I would take Kamara or McCaffrey every day of the week over Henry and I’m perfectly fine spending the extra $4M to get RB1 numbers with WR2 numbers from the same player. 

I was speaking of Harris at 30.  That contract is too much.  Idk if id ever pay a 2nd contract for a back.  Im not afraid of using a late first on a back though.  That is the plug and play position. 

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I was speaking of Harris at 30.  That contract is too much.  Idk if id ever pay a 2nd contract for a back.  Im not afraid of using a late first on a back though.  That is the plug and play position. 

Ah I gotcha! 

Yeah, I really like Harris a lot. Love the way he runs, love what he can provide. I personally just wouldn’t touch him in RD1, but the I’m the anti-RD1 RB guy. 

I like him so much if the Bills took him in RD2 I’d be severely less upset, but still a little disappointed. 

I’ve been on guys like Zaven Collins and Toney for months now and would prefer them there. I think they provide what we need on either side of the ball. 

I actually loved the way Antonio Williams ran in week 17, I’d be curious to see what he can do in a full camp. He’s an example of why I have a hard time using a high pick on a RB. I mean he’s unproven, but he looked perfectly fine and didn’t cost significant draft capital. See Ekeler, Josh Robinson, etc. 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Likely another 3 or 4 years, barring injury.

Henry is special.  

I thought Peterson would break down around 30 too. But he was still out there producing. 
This level of play I agree he can probably do another 3-4 years and that’s amazing 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ah I gotcha! 

Yeah, I really like Harris a lot. Love the way he runs, love what he can provide. I personally just wouldn’t touch him in RD1, but the I’m the anti-RD1 RB guy. 

I like him so much if the Bills took him in RD2 I’d be severely less upset, but still a little disappointed. 

I’ve been on guys like Zaven Collins and Toney for months now and would prefer them there. I think they provide what we need on either side of the ball. 

I actually loved the way Antonio Williams ran in week 17, I’d be curious to see what he can do in a full camp. He’s an example of why I have a hard time using a high pick on a RB. I mean he’s unproven, but he looked perfectly fine and didn’t cost significant draft capital. See Ekeler, Josh Robinson, etc. 

I get it.  First is too high.  But there are also 31 other guys doing the same thing.  Premier positions are getting over drafted.  With everyone wanting a Hill or Kelce.  I think Toney and the top Tes are gone.  I feel like the decision will be developmental DE or rb. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought Peterson would break down around 30 too. But he was still out there producing. 
This level of play I agree he can probably do another 3-4 years and that’s amazing 

Yeah his "drop off" could still be 1100 yards a season.

• Agree 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

I get it.  First is too high.  But there are also 31 other guys doing the same thing.  Premier positions are getting over drafted.  With everyone wanting a Hill or Kelce.  I think Toney and the top Tes are gone.  I feel like the decision will be developmental DE or rb. 

I'm all for getting a pass rusher but I don't like the sound of developmental DE.  I feel like we already have too many "developmental" players on this roster and we need to start nailing down some sure thing talent.  If you can get that from a RB at 30 this year I'm all for it.  I just don't see how a stud pass rusher will be there at 30 and I def don't need to see another developmental guy drafted early by the Bills.

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm all for getting a pass rusher but I don't like the sound of developmental DE.  I feel like we already have too many "developmental" players on this roster and we need to start nailing down some sure thing talent.  If you can get that from a RB at 30 this year I'm all for it.  I just don't see how a stud pass rusher will be there at 30 and I def don't need to see another developmental guy drafted early by the Bills.

From what I gather it will be "traits" guys.  They have the length, quickness amd size but not alot of college dominance.