Fullback Patrick DiMarco announces retirement

https://sports.yahoo.com/fullback-patrick-dimarco-announces-retirement-043331969.html

DiMarco played for four different teams during his career. He was waived by the Buffalo Bills with an injury settlement in September due to a neck injury from training camp. DiMarco spent three seasons with the Bills after a four-year run with the Atlanta Falcons that included an appearance in Super Bowl LI.

I posted this because of all the chatter of bringing him back to Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Good for Patrick. He seems like a smart and personable guy, I wish him luck in whatever the future holds for him.

He was a really fun player in his Falcons days. He proudly holds the distinction of being the first and only fullback I've ever done a film piece on.

Hard work got him over 10 million dollars in earnings over his career.  Thats enough to settle down where you want and do a job you love for the rest of your life.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Hard work got him over 10 million dollars in earnings over his career.  Thats enough to settle down where you want and do a job you love for the rest of your life.  

This got me thinking about how much money you'd need to pay me to put my body through what a well-used fullback goes through. Quite frankly, I'm not sure an average just over $1m per year is enough for me to do it.

He's taken a lot of punishment over the years and he's earned every penny.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

This got me thinking about how much money you'd need to pay me to put my body through what a well-used fullback goes through. Quite frankly, I'm not sure an average just over $1m per year is enough for me to do it.

Fullbacks have always been a different breed though.  They also deliver a considerable amount of punishment - which they take some pride in.  They're football guys.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Go the International Player route   Christian Wade $850,000

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/christian-wade-28987/

in 2 seasons he's earned $278,800

Not quite a Mil, but its not as tough  ;) 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Go the International Player route   Christian Wade $850,000

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/christian-wade-28987/

in 2 seasons he's earned $278,800

Not quite a Mil, but its not as tough  ;)

I've spent the best part of the last year sat on my arse due to various forms of lockdown. I'll take six figures for doing nothing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

most?   I'd say many.  

The FB position is not something you see across the NFL.  

I mean it has nothing to do with the position... I’m not going to despise a guy because he provides little to no value on my favorite football team, that outside of my passion and interest has no bearing on my day to day life. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Good for Patrick. He seems like a smart and personable guy, I wish him luck in whatever the future holds for him.

He was a really fun player in his Falcons days. He proudly holds the distinction of being the first and only fullback I've ever done a film piece on.

Link to your vids?

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Link to your vids?

I wrote something for BillsWire when they signed him. The article was full of clips that are no longer supported by the site, unfortunately.

Without the illustration, I'm not sure it's anything worth looking at, to be honest. It's just a stream of consciousness with little context :)

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/11/what-bills-fans-should-expect-from-free-agent-acquisition-fb-patrick-dimarco/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1