AHL playoffs - Rochester defeats Hamilton

I was hoping to go to Friday's game back here in Roch. Looks like I'll have to wait until round two, darn. :(

Only 3800 fans in Hamilton, with a 4 pm start time, and about 1000 of those fans were from Rochester and Buffalo. I thought all Canadiens were die hard hockey fans.

Box Score

Article

317231[/snapback]

From Amerks.com:

http://www.amerks.com/FeatureStories.aspx?news_id=451

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a blurb on the low attendance so far for the AHL playoffs from the D&C. It looks like the NHL lockout has soured a lot of fans on the pro game in general:

Fan apathy: The first round of the Calder Cup playoffs continues to be an enigma for the entire AHL.

Friday's crowd of 5,817 at the War Memorial was the largest so far in the league. The Amerks, whose crowds always grow larger as they go deeper into the playoffs, drew 3,807 Wednesday. Two other cities drew over 5,000 on Friday (Manchester with 5,337 and Philadelphia with 5,158).

The Chicago Wolves were regular-season attendance leaders at a 9,209 average but sold just 2,411 tickets for Game 1 against Houston on Tuesday and 3,021 for Game 2 on Thursday. Milwaukee, the defending Calder Cup champions, played in front of 2,366 fans in the opener against Cincinnati on Wednesday.