Ignored Major Problem

kicking FGs isn't the only way a K helps the team.  part of the bills' vast improvement on ST last year includes KO coverage, and by all accounts lindell was excellent in his kick placement throughout the year -- a factor that should not be underestimated.

like all of you, i was disappointed w/ the FG inadequacies, but i'm hoping the guy continues to improve in that area (and is given some more opportunities to make the long ones this year).

317713[/snapback]

the team will score more in 2005 because our QB won't melt down in the redzone.

Lindell will be fine

Despite his playoff failure, Doug Brian is better than Lindell and presumably will be available.

317286[/snapback]

Agreed ... and I still maintain he purposely missed that second kick. I mean, if you look at it, he was aiming about 10 yards wide left.

kicking FGs isn't the only way a K helps the team.  part of the bills' vast improvement on ST last year includes KO coverage, and by all accounts lindell was excellent in his kick placement throughout the year -- a factor that should not be underestimated.

like all of you, i was disappointed w/ the FG inadequacies, but i'm hoping the guy continues to improve in that area (and is given some more opportunities to make the long ones this year).

317713[/snapback]

Good point. Frustration with botched field goals was coming out with my previous post.