GRADE THE DRAFT

How would you grade TD and company?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade TD and company?

• Genius
    • Great Draft
    • Good early pick and nothing special later
    • Found some steals
    • Maybe some Late roung diamonds in the rough
    • Nothing special at all
    • Threw up a hail mary and a prayer
    • Bad overall and didn't address needs
    • Failure

I think is was a solid draft top to bottom. We got 3 future starters IMO in Everett, Preston, and Geisinger. Parrish will be an "X-factor" type player that can be thrown into different situations. King probably will make the team on the depth chart, and Gates can develop into a solid backup.

Great draft for what it was.

JP's got some new weapons,

JMac's got some new grunts,

and Nate's still on the team. :devil:

317078[/snapback]

IN OTHER WORDS, nothing special.

That's what it seems like anyway.

Maybe we'll look back and bow to the gurus or run them out of town.

2) Parrish: small, decent speed. weak career stats (80+ catches, @1300 yds, 12td's would be a good season, not career) wr wasnt a need

3) Everett: good size, average speed. weak stats 32 catches, 400 yds, 3td's ??!?!!? fills a need though ... i guess

4) Preston: good size, lots of experience, fills a need.

5) King: smallish, avg speed, strong leader, fills a need. doesnt get ints

6) Geisinger: good size, strong like ox, fills a need.

7) Gates: smallish, slow, split carries entire college career. Is he someones nephew or something?

Overall, i give it a C

1. It's impossible to gauge until we see these guys play, and then re-evaluating 2-3 years later.

2. I would grade it an A simply because I'm including JP Losman in it. He is our #1 pick in a crappy draft. Then we got speed/playmakers and some decent projects. Other than LT, there isn't a starting position open on this team and I don't believe there was a LT worthy of being picked and starting when we chose Parrish. We still have that whole but we weren't filling it in this draft.

Without counting Losman, I would grade it a C.

It was a solid draft, I wouldn't call it great by any means but nor am I upset with it. I was a little taken aback by the Parrish pick, only because in an article a day or two before the draft, TD said the coaches and he were pleased with Josh Reed so far. So I didn't think we'd go for a receiver.

Overall I'd give it a C to C+.