Crazy idea: Deal Travis to TB for.........

Gruden just traded a 6th round pick to Cleveland for QB Luke McCown and he drafted Cadillac Williams at RB.

Trade Travis Henry straight up for either Michael Pittman, Charlie Garner, or  QB Chris Simms. Either way you get a backup.

316559[/snapback]

3 guys I'd never want. Just keep him and see which team suffers a loss in training camp and has an immediate need for a RB. Patience.

Gruden just traded a 6th round pick to Cleveland for QB Luke McCown and he drafted Cadillac Williams at RB.

Trade Travis Henry straight up for either Michael Pittman, Charlie Garner, or  QB Chris Simms. Either way you get a backup.

316559[/snapback]

or we could keep henry and have a backup who was a probowler that knows the system. :rolleyes:

Put down the crack pipe, and back away slowly.

316580[/snapback]

No crack involved here. Pittman (who has had some off the field issues in his past, which I do not discount) is a decent back and a GREAT receiver out of the backfield.

Here's his stats from last year:

219 carries

926 yards

4.2 yards per

78 longest run

7 TD's

41 catches

391 yards

9.5 yards per

68 longest reception

3 TD's

6 fumbles (lost all six) :rolleyes:

Okay maybe crack is involved on that last one! Not bad for a guy who is going to be a backup.

No crack involved here. Pittman (who has had some off the field issues in his past, which I do not discount) is a decent back and a GREAT receiver out of the backfield.

316598[/snapback]

Reasons not to do these deals:

1. Pittman beats his wife --- Travis only gets 14 years olds from gas stations

2. Pittman and Garner have fat contracts that would mess up the salary cap

3. Garner has had like 3 major knee surgeries

4. Simms just plain sucks!

5. Joe Burns would be sad if TH left.