• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

See how much I know. Eric King:CB      :rolleyes:

:devil:

316523[/snapback]

You or me? I didn't think there was value, although I didn't realize King was on the board, and Scouts seems to like him, anyway. There are still a few good tackles out there, I think we could find something in the 6th. Maybe two, in each of hte last two rounds.

Hawthorne will go undrafted. Ricky scared'em all off. Maybe we'll sign him tomorrow! :blink:

Well I love the fact that a guy who tested positive for steroids (cheating) is able to get drafted in the first round and a guy who got caught smoking a little weed is still on the board in the 5th even though he is a first or second round talent.

Great message that's sending. It's ok to cheat, but don't get caught smoking pot in todays NFL.

Well I love the fact that a guy who tested positive for steroids (cheating) is able to get drafted in the first round and a guy who got caught smoking a little weed is still on the board in the 5th even though he is a first or second round talent.

Great message that's sending.  It's ok to cheat, but don't get caught smoking pot in todays NFL.

316560[/snapback]

Exactly how I feel about it. Eric King might turn into a Hall of Famer, but I feel like this was the wrong pick. Oh well.

It's definately the wrong pick. We just resigned Kevin Thomas and we have Nate Clements, McGee, Vincent, and Kevin Thomas who can all play corner. I would much rather see us use a pick to grab a guy like Hawthorne who could help us on opening day 2005 than I would see us take a guy who might not help us this year or next.

We have a good team right now, we need people that can help us now.

Exactly how I feel about it.  Eric King might turn into a Hall of Famer, but I feel like this was the wrong pick.  Oh well.

316563[/snapback]

I think we'll find out after the draft that there's something more with Hawthorne that isn't public. It doesn't make sense that every team would pass on him this many times.

Eric King was a good pick...we needed another CB, at least for depth purposes and apparently he was the highest CB on TD's board. Round 6th is when I think the Bills take a slider.

Also, remember with our 7th rounder last year, we got Fast Freddie...so there is still reason to keep watching.

Eric King is the first pick that I've liked this draft... if there was a mistake, it was in rounds 2, 3, or 4

316624[/snapback]

He's definitely a more traditional TD pick...hard-working guy and competitive guy who could develop with great coaching. One thing that really impressed me though was that he started 42 games in his college career, and did it in one of, if not the, best conference in college football. He's definitely got some experience to him, and that should translate nicely as he fights it out with Thomas and Greer for that nickel and dime spot.

Preston was a horrible pick in the 4th.  He was graded out by most as a 6th-7th rounder.  The comparison made about him is to Trey Teague (I'm so excited, NOT.)

316653[/snapback]

First of all, Teague played really well last year. More generally, I do not understand this attitude that seems prevalent on this board that our O-line is awful. Why does everybody overlook the fact that when this team started winning last season, the number of sacks allowed during that run were among the lowest in then league? The reality is, our O-line jelled and became very consistent. Oh yeah, and our running game was pretty good too during that stretch.

Second, it wan't just because Hawthorne smoked weed, although I'm sure that didn't help. He is notorious as being lazy, taking off too many plays and being too inconsistent in his effort. Put another way, his motor is highly suspect.

Second, it wan't just because Hawthorne smoked weed, although I'm sure that didn't help.  He is notorious as being lazy, taking off too many plays and being too inconsistent in his effort.  Put another way, his motor is highly suspect.

316684[/snapback]

He probably can't wrestle, as well! :devil:

a 1st round pick falling to the 5th. and we pass. why? cus he tested positive for pot?

its not steroids. and that guy when VERY early.

he didnt get suspended by his school for a year, like clarrett.

why not take him???? it jus makes me crazy....

a 1st round pick falling to the 5th. and we pass. why? cus he tested positive for pot?

its not steroids. and that guy when VERY early.

he didnt get suspended by his school for a year, like clarrett.

why not take him???? it jus makes me crazy....

316706[/snapback]

I love it how we all assume we know everything about the Draft. Lets face it, if he really just had pot problems, he wouldnt have lasted to the 6th round. Lets remember, not only did the Bills pass on him, but so did 31 other teams...and they passed on him multiple times. So why do we all assume we know more about this kid than 32 NFL GMs?