Starting lineup

The defense, it seems, will return intact, save only Pat Williams.

SS: Milloy

FS: Vincent

CB: Clements, McGee

LB: Posey, Fletcher, Spikes

DE: Kelsay, Schoebel

DT: Edwards, Adams

Since Edwards played a big chunk of our defensive plays last year, and should be aided by (perhaps) an improving Tim Anderson, I think the defense will not be more than marginally off. The DE's should continue to improve, McGee will likely grow into his role, and they'll benefit from the year as a unit. Can't see them dropping out of the top 5, or top 10 at the very least. Depth should be solid, with Jabari Greer and Rashad Baker improving, and the rest coming back, by and large.

The Offense, of course, will lose its QB and LT, but one was a serial choker and the other was overrated. Not that the position won't fall off some, of course, but it'll be a quicker offense without Drew and his 7 second drops. I like Everett's boost here, and Anderson's an improvement on Smith.

WR: Moulds, Evans

RB: McGahee, Shelton

QB: Losman

TE: Everett

OT: Williams, ( pick one Peters, Teague, Gandy, Preston). I'd guess Teague

OG: Anderson, Villarreal

C: (Teague, Preston, Gandy, Tucker) - Preston might win this job, pushing Teague outside.

This is an improved offense. Significantly. Losman is exciting, Evans will be improved, Everett is a jump up from Campbell, it just remains to be seen how loosey-goosey the offensive line will be. Parrish is an exciting speed 3rd WR that'll keep 8 out of the box, and Campbell and Euhus give us some flexibility at TE and H-back.

The Special Teams unit remains intact, perhaps adding some new guys like Parrish and the rest of the day 2 picks if they pan out. It was the best unit in football, so if we end up with a kicker to round it out, it'll keep us in every game.

The team finished 9-3 this year, and retains 20 starters from that team on the roster and may improve several of them. Good coaching and getting the breaks gets us back in the playoffs.

The defense, it seems, will return intact, save only Pat Williams.

SS: Milloy

FS: Vincent

CB: Clements, McGee

LB: Posey, Fletcher, Spikes

DE: Kelsay, Schoebel

DT: Edwards, Adams

Since Edwards played a big chunk of our defensive plays last year, and should be aided by (perhaps) an improving Tim Anderson, I think the defense will not be more than marginally off.  The DE's should continue to improve, McGee will likely grow into his role, and they'll benefit from the year as a unit.  Can't see them dropping out of the top 5, or top 10 at the very least.  Depth should be solid, with Jabari Greer and Rashad Baker improving, and the rest coming back, by and large.

The Offense, of course, will lose its QB and LT, but one was a serial choker and the other was overrated.  Not that the position won't fall off some, of course, but it'll be a quicker offense without Drew and his 7 second drops.  I like Everett's boost here, and Anderson's an improvement on Smith.

WR: Moulds, Evans

RB: McGahee, Shelton

QB: Losman

TE: Everett

OT: Williams, ( pick one Peters, Teague, Gandy, Preston).  I'd guess Teague

OG: Anderson, Villarreal

C: (Teague, Preston, Gandy, Tucker)  - Preston might win this job, pushing Teague outside.

This is an improved offense.  Significantly.  Losman is exciting, Evans will be improved, Everett is a jump up from Campbell, it just remains to be seen how loosey-goosey the offensive line will be.  Parrish is an exciting speed 3rd WR that'll keep 8 out of the box, and Campbell and Euhus give us some flexibility at TE and H-back.

The Special Teams unit remains intact, perhaps adding some new guys like Parrish and the rest of the day 2 picks if they pan out.  It was the best unit in football, so if we end up with a kicker to round it out, it'll keep us in every game.

The team finished 9-3 this year, and retains 20 starters from that team on the roster and may improve several of them.  Good coaching and getting the breaks gets us back in the playoffs.

316417[/snapback]

Good post.....If Losman is the real deal, I think we will be excited about the future.

I don't think Everett will be an opening day starter, but he will get most of the reps with the starting O from now until training camp or Campbell and Euhus return. At least we do have a red zone target that has a little bit of speed. Hopefully he will blossom like a fresh rose on a sunny warm spring day.

Everett is a jump up from Campbell,

316417[/snapback]

I don't see Everett as a starter this year. He only had one year as a starter at UM and has a lot to learn yet.

Campbell's not flashy, but I think (assuming he's healthy) he'll work very well with JP, who should be able to move around in the pocket better than DB and check down to his TE when needed.

I think that overall your general perspective and many of the specific position assignements and improvements in particular players are on track and I agree.

The one area however, where I hope that you are right but really doubt that you will be in in seeing much of a contribution certainly early and not likely at all in 2005 to Parrish, Everett or any of the 2005 draftees to this team.

In general, I think the experience that we had last year in terms of draftees contributing to the team was actually quite better than most, and actually should not be expected at all from the class of 2005 with its 2nd round talent start.

If one looks back to last year, this was the pretty good contribution:

Lee Evans - Normal slow start who became a huge contributor as a 04 starter

J.P. Losman - No contribution as an 04 starter

Anderson . No contribution as an 04 starter

Tim Euhus - 5 games started in 04 after Camobel got dinged but season cut short

Dylan McFarland - No contribution as an 04 starter

Jonathan Smith - no contribution as an 04 starter but definite ST contributor.

Evans was a spectacular case but that he is why he merited a 1st round pick. I'd be psyched if Parrish turned out to be as great but have little expectation he will do so and actually as unbelieving as I am no in Josh Reed turning it around and still feeling pretty you have shown me much yet about Aiken, I feel better about them as slot WR contibutors than Parrish. This does not mean I am writing Parrish off. I hope and expect that one day he will be a solid contributor for the Bills as a position starter and I look for him to make an immediate contribution as a punt returner who will challenge Clements and Smith, but doubt he will be a #3 WR starter.

This is even more the case with the lower drafted Everett. It's nice to get a pass catcher at TE, but again I think our best hope for 05 is that Euhus or Campbell in fact will recover fully from their ACL tears and though one must always set an expectation of immediate impact from a 3rd rounder like Everett, we'e probably looking at 06 for a real contribution from him.

Likewise with Preston, it would be great if he is such a stud center that he makes it easy for us to move Teague to LT, but while his record of achievement (one sack given up in two years) makes him a great choice, his record of where he needs work (not a "nasty" finisher and he is a mere rookie at the brainy position of C) makes it pretty dpubtful to me he will contribute much to the '05 team.

Still surprises do happen and I hope they do this year. One need only look to the impressive contributions made by several UDFAs to this team last year to know that rookies can start in this league. However, these same facts and the individual make-ups of the players chosen make me expect this draft to be a good one for the 2006 Bills and pretty much a non-issue (unless you want to invest in the lie that Losman is a class of 05 guy) for this year's team.