Is Donahoe gone after this year?

VABills

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of worrying what everyone else thinks why not support what our team is doing. TD has got us out of cap hell and built us a strong Nuclius which he is still adding to. We are going to be good over the long haul like the pats and eagles. If you guys like the 1-2 year burst and then cap hell then go be a damn fan of washington. JESUS!!

316322[/snapback]

We aren't out of cap hell. We have lots of dead money on Drew. We have huge escalators kicking in for Mcgahee and Mike Williams. We are barely under the cap right now. We have no money to sign a FA even if one was there.

We are probably losing our best receiver and only big one we have after the season. We'll have no money for our only real CB on the roster. We have no LT. Oh excuse me, we have one who gave up 14.5 sacks the last time he played that position, and he had a scrambling QB like we do.

No he is a big WR / Split End :rolleyes:

316336[/snapback]

Everett

weird..... :devil:

and from Miami-Hurricanes.com:

Tight end Kevin Everett had big shoes to fill at the TE position for the Hurricanes, having to follow Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow Jr. Everett is a big tight end who has a lot of power and possesses good quickness to get upfield. He ran a 4.79 in the 40-yard dash.

Everett2

Everett

weird..... :rolleyes:

316344[/snapback]

ESPN was talking about it yesterday. They said he is more of a WR who is big and therefore most teams will want him at TE. But they had him projected at WR, because of how he played at Miami. More SE type, very uncomfortable as a blocker.

ESPN was talking about it yesterday.  They said he is more of a WR who is big and therefore most teams will want him at TE.  But they had him projected at WR, because of how he played at Miami.  More SE type, very uncomfortable as a blocker.

316349[/snapback]

yeah i remember them saying that, but i think its weird that they were the only ones i've ever heard who mentioned WR and Kevin Everett in the same sentence.

yeah i remember them saying that, but i think its weird that they were the only ones i've ever heard who mentioned WR and Kevin Everett in the same sentence.

316353[/snapback]

Everett played TE at Miami. I saw him line up there in several games ---- I think ESPN guys must have been a little sleepy when they talked about him

He sure seems to be pulling a Butler in this draft, right before he walks out the door. 

This is all I could think of last night.  We are being Butlered.  :devil:

316078[/snapback]

THIS is all you could think of? :rolleyes:

man, it must suck to be you.

I go with Campy on this one.

316309[/snapback]

I think Campy's answer is a cop-out. Sure, you judge the draft as a whole in a couple of years after judging the contribution, but you can definitely judge the general value obtained from the picks made.

Did you reach in the 2nd for a player who most had rated as a third rounder, or did you take a 1st round talent who slid?

Did you stumble into a guy in the 3rd round who was a first or second round talent, or draft a guy who was probably a decent but not outstanding 3rd round value who is still going to be a project who won't help much this year when there were still some guys who definitely could at other need positions?

Did you take a 6th or 7th-round value guy in the 4th when some first-day type talent was still available at that same position?

These are fair questions to ask immediately after a draft, and so far, if you're a Bills fan, you ain't liking the answers.

I think you're missing the point of VA's post.

Now, I don't think Tommy Boy is purposely tanking this draft, and we certainly are not in Cap Prison. Lord knows Butler's head wasn't into his last draft here and he could have given two figs for managing the cap.

However, I wonder if Whitey's head and heart are in this year's draft as much as in some of the earlier ones. Maybe he's bored. Maybe he needs a Mydol. But I do get the feeling like there was a group constipation thing going on over at OBD yesterday. Some straining and groaning - but not much happening.

I'll bet if the team bats .500 or better TD stays - but maybe not for another five years. I don't think he'd bail on his own, unless the season comes up snake eyes and Ralphie only give him a year-to-year lease on the job.

Odds are he stays but if the tide doesn't turn this year it'll make for some wierd dynamics in the front office. That's for sure.

I think you're missing the point of VA's post.

However, I wonder if Whitey's head and heart are in this year's draft as much as in some of the earlier ones. Maybe he's bored. Maybe he needs a Mydol. But I do get the feeling like there was a group constipation thing going on over at OBD yesterday. Some straining and groaning - but not much happening.

316372[/snapback]

there is absolutely NO evidence to support such a proposition. sometimes the deals just aren't there to be made. what on earth would lead you to suggest that TD isn't putting everything he has into continuing the process of turning the bills around? because he didn't select the player YOU wanted him to select? because he couldn't turn chicken schitt (TH) into chicken salad w/ a miraculous trade? because the bills obviously don't think LT shelton is worth a hill of beans (much less $3m)?

you negative ninnies must lead miserable lives. i have no time for it.

I thought a young QB would rather have an O-line to block for him.  But instead, he got some receivers to throw to..but will have no time to get them the ball.

316255[/snapback]

JP is no drew, he will get rid of the ball . the line will do OK

there is absolutely NO evidence to support such a proposition.  sometimes the deals just aren't there to be made.  what on earth would lead you to suggest that TD isn't putting everything he has into continuing the process of turning the bills around?  because he didn't select the player YOU wanted him to select?  because he couldn't turn chicken schitt (TH) into chicken salad w/ a miraculous trade?  because the bills obviously don't think LT shelton is worth a hill of beans (much less $3m)?

you negative ninnies must lead miserable lives.  i have no time for it.

316389[/snapback]

Thank you Mr. Donaho!

Well for all the shuckin and jivin going on in the weeks leading up to the draft did lead some to believe a deal or two or three would be made. You sound like you're pleased as punch with the way things are going. That's good for you. You're sure to be satisfied with whatever comes your way.

By the way, if 6/2 comes and Shelton is wearing the old RedWhiteand BlueandBlue, are you going to love him then?

Again, VA was asking if TD isn't really all that into it this year. I think it's an interesting question and worthy of some thought.

You can go back to polishing your pom-poms now. TD's about to announce another Modrak pick.

I think Campy's answer is a cop-out. Sure, you judge the draft as a whole in a couple of years after judging the contribution, but you can definitely judge the general value obtained from the picks made.

Did you reach in the 2nd for a player who most had rated as a third rounder, or did you take a 1st round talent who slid?

Did you stumble into a guy in the 3rd round who was a first or second round talent, or draft a guy who was probably a decent but not outstanding 3rd round value who is still going to be a project who won't help much this year when there were still some guys who definitely could at other need positions?

Did you take a 6th or 7th-round value guy in the 4th when some first-day type talent was still available at that same position?

These are fair questions to ask immediately after a draft, and so far, if you're a Bills fan, you ain't liking the answers.

316370[/snapback]

Man, if these are the questions, Pats fans must be losing their minds right now!

ESPN was talking about it yesterday.  They said he is more of a WR who is big and therefore most teams will want him at TE.  But they had him projected at WR, because of how he played at Miami.  More SE type, very uncomfortable as a blocker.

316349[/snapback]

So what would have made you happy? Who should they have taken in the 2nd and 3rd?

If you draft for need and the the guy at the position you need isn't very good you haven't helped your team at all! Drafting a LT for the sake of drafting one doesn't help the team. If you have a chance to draft a playmaker and a potential standout TE over a lineman who is average you make those moves. We will know in 3 years if this was a good draft or not! People need to relax! The Pats draft two years ago was supposed to be disappointing--I hope we have a disappointing draft like that.