Something to keep in mind...

kdipirro

Donohoe and Modrak have never looked at the draft as a one year at a time event. They have always made their selections with the future also in mind, rather then the immediate. Perfect example is trading this years #1 last year for JP because they knew this years class was going to be weaker. Now this year we take a playmaker rather than taking an o-lineman. Look at it objectively.... We take a higher rated player that can make an impact on ST and as a playmaking #3 Wr, which we havent had in years. We pass on taking a lineman based on need rather then where their value lies. The Bills brass I am sure is looking next year at the O-line crop and know that is a MUCH stronger group. There are as many as 10 O-lineman that are rated as 1st round talents going into the 06 draft. D'Brickshaw Ferguson from Virginia, Winston from Miami and McNeill from Auburn highlight the group.

We can take some value lineman here on day 2, like Jason Brown of NC. Elton Brown of Virginia or Mike Munoz of Tenn to help us with depth this year and get our impact player next year with better value. I like what we are doing with this team. Surround JP with as many playmakers as possible. Everett provides us with some expolsion at the TE position, something we havent had since Mckeller. A great safety valve for Losman, especially if we arent' sure about what happens with Euhus or Campbell. Sorry for the long post, but I think it helps put everything into perspective if you look at the selections objectively with the big picture in mind.

Donohoe and Modrak have never looked at the draft as a one year at a time event. They have always made their selections with the future also in mind, rather then the immediate. Perfect example is trading this years #1 last year for JP because they knew this years class was going to be weaker. Now this year we take a playmaker rather than taking an o-lineman. Look at it objectively.... We take a higher rated player that can make an impact on ST and as a playmaking #3 Wr, which we havent had in years. We pass on taking a lineman based on need rather then where their value lies. The Bills brass I am sure is looking next year at the O-line crop and know that is a MUCH stronger group. There are as many as 10 O-lineman that are rated as 1st round talents going into the 06 draft. D'Brickshaw Ferguson from Virginia, Winston from Miami and McNeill from Auburn highlight the group.

We can take some value lineman here on day 2, like Jason Brown of NC. Elton Brown of Virginia or Mike Munoz of Tenn to help us with depth this year and get our impact player next year with better value. I like what we are doing with this team. Surround JP with as many playmakers as possible. Everett provides us with some expolsion at the TE position, something we havent had since Mckeller. A great safety valve for Losman, especially if we arent' sure about what happens with Euhus or Campbell. Sorry for the long post, but I think it helps put everything into perspective if you look at the selections objectively with the big picture in mind.

316063[/snapback]

Very well said. I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Man I will tell you something, I spend most of my time over on the PPP board but I came over here just to see what fellow fans thought about the draft. All I have to say is...what a negitive bunch. Its amazing that TD has hung around this negitive environment as long as he has. I for one hope that he continues to look past the nin-kon-poops and sticks it out untill we win that title.