Week 17 Fantasy Strategy with Josh Allen

Clearly the decision to rest or play Allen has to be specific to each matchup

In my league, I am in the championship round and have a decent 10 point lead from week 16 going into the second week of the two week final. My opponent’s real hope is that Allen doesn’t play and his QB can get 20+ and make up the difference. I have decided to play Herbert (facing the KC backups) instead of Allen to reduce that chance.The only concerns here are that the Chargers may not be motivated to win and Hunter Henry and Keenan Allen are out. Rivers is available on the waiver wire and maybe I can go with him.

In contrast if the situation were reversed and I was trailing - I’d likely have played Allen hoping for a monster game from Allen.

I agree with your decision to not start Allen.  I think he will play about the first half.  I think a half motivated Herbert playing the whole game yields more points.

Side note, I hate fantasy leagues that play in Week #17.  Way too many variables to screwing someone over who has played well all season.

P.S.  Not sure if this deserves its own thread.  If everyone consulted the message board about fantasy moves, we would have a million threads.  Never the less best of luck!