So the draft isn't even 1/2 over

todd

Maybe that would be best. The bridge jumping, that is.

You can't evaluate a draft after the first day. You can't evaluate a draft after the first year.

Quaaludes. Take em.

Maybe that would be best. The bridge jumping, that is.

You can't evaluate a draft after the first day. You can't evaluate a draft after the first year.

Quaaludes. Take em.

315836[/snapback]

I'm not jumping off a bridge but I am leaping off the couch.

Yeah, there is another day to go so we will see. I am just of the opinon that the trenches matter and they are worth spending some pesonnel capital, be it draft picks or free agency, to get quality players up front. It seems to me that TD would rather build the lines on the cheap hoping to get lucky on a FA retread or late round gem. Its been 4 years and I am tired of that approach given the results. Even worse, the one top pick he did use has not played up to his press clippings yet though I still have hope for him.

He probably will pick a LT late and that guy will also probably be selling insurance in a few years ala Mike Pucillo. I have had it with late round "big upside" prospects for the OL. I was hoping for some talent.

I'm not jumping off a bridge but I am leaping off the couch.

Yeah, there is another day to go so we will see.  I am just of the opinon that the trenches matter and they are worth spending some pesonnel capital, be it draft picks or free agency, to get quality players up front.  It seems to me that TD would rather build the lines on the cheap hoping to get lucky on a FA retread or late round gem.  Its been 4 years and I am tired of that approach given the results.  Even worse, the one top pick he did use has not played up to his press clippings yet though I still have hope for him.

He probably will pick a LT late and that guy will also probably be selling insurance in a few years ala Mike Pucillo.  I have had it with late round "big upside" prospects for the OL.  I was hoping for some talent.

315841[/snapback]

careful now mickey......people don't like hearing that label on donahoe around here, even if it is the truth........

careful now mickey......people don't like hearing that label on donahoe around here, even if it is the truth........

315843[/snapback]

And unfortunately, it IS the truth and has been the truth about the Bills since the mid 1990s. I'm not going to sit here and knock the players that they drafted. I think they drafted a couple of good ones, but this OL looks like a train wreck waiting to happen to me. There are still some decent prospects likely to be available in R4, but I have exactly zero faith in Donahoe to select one. One thing is for sure, the Bills haven't found jack squat on day 2 for the OL since friggin' 1987 with Howard Ballard. The next best? Your choice of either Corbin Lacina or Dusty Zeigler. Given that fact, it amazes me that some Bills fans still believe the myth that good OL are a dime a dozen in the late rounds. This team has proven the opposite, if anything, and have blown about a dozen more day 2 draft picks on OL flops.

Sigh... forgive my whining, its just frustrating to know that there's a very good chance that we'll all be sitting here again next year hoping that they draft a quality OL prospect in '06.

3/4 of this board should jump off a bridge. All negative. You dont know what goes on behind the scenes at all. Theres a reason TD is a GM in the NFL and not at his couch crying and bitching at every move. Give it a break we have a young team that I think is going to be good. Even if not they are going to be a joy to watch and will get better.

Heres hoping to Ben Wilkerson this morning in round 4!