Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

I thought I read Christian Wade is available for the Miami game.  Is it crazy to give him a few chances to run in the 2nd half assuming the game is in hand.  Personally, I would like to see what he has learned in the past 2 seasons.  He is no longer protected after this season I believe. 

No. He came off the Covid list but he can't play for the Bills at all. If the Bills cut him he could play elsewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Well they added some WRs to the PS and released some other players.  And if they add Stills, they'll need to do something with someone on the roster.  Meanwhile how many WRs do you need?

Ask Cleveland. 😊

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Well they added some WRs to the PS and released some other players.  And if they add Stills, they'll need to do something with someone on the roster.  Meanwhile how many WRs do you need?

I don’t think Stills is a practice squad guy.  And if you need a guy to come in at this point, you want someone who knows the offense.

1 hour ago, Tuel Time said:

I thought this was year 2 of "roster day 1 or PS all year". That was a thing last year and I thought this year also.

You are correct.  Wade is on the International Pathway program, he’s an extra body on our PS this year who can’t be poached, and he can’t be activated by us either.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-17-picks-odds-steelers-upset-browns-washington-takes-out-philly-panthers-scare-saints/

New England wants -- has to? -- run the ball and the Jets are good at one thing on defense: stopping the run. New York is giving max effort and I'm not sure the same can be said for the Pats, who are probably ready for this nightmare season to end. The Jets can't move in the draft order so why not just go and push the trident Josh Allen jammed in Belichick's chest on Monday a little deeper in Week 17? 
😝 

. I think the Bills will care more than people think -- they are guaranteed the No. 2 seed with a win and that means multiple home playoff games in addition to avoiding the Chiefs until the AFC title game.

The Steelers could easily beat the Browns, and if Buffalo doesn't come to play they'd fall to the third seed.

I don't think they want that. And I'm not confident Tua shreds the Buffalo B-team either.

The Pick: Bills 24, Dolphins 13
Best Bets: Under Tua passing yards down to 190

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-17-picks-odds-steelers-upset-browns-washington-takes-out-philly-panthers-scare-saints/

New England wants -- has to? -- run the ball and the Jets are good at one thing on defense: stopping the run. New York is giving max effort and I'm not sure the same can be said for the Pats, who are probably ready for this nightmare season to end. The Jets can't move in the draft order so why not just go and push the trident Josh Allen jammed in Belichick's chest on Monday a little deeper in Week 17? 
😝 

. I think the Bills will care more than people think -- they are guaranteed the No. 2 seed with a win and that means multiple home playoff games in addition to avoiding the Chiefs until the AFC title game.

The Steelers could easily beat the Browns, and if Buffalo doesn't come to play they'd fall to the third seed.

I don't think they want that. And I'm not confident Tua shreds the Buffalo B-team either.

The Pick: Bills 24, Dolphins 13
Best Bets: Under Tua passing yards down to 190

The level of incompetence from people who actually cover this stuff is staggering. Not playing the Chiefs until the Championship is already guaranteed. It is literally impossible, no matter what happens on Sunday or Wild Card Weekend, for us to play the Chiefs until the Championship game. *bangs head against wall*

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DCBongo said:

I thought I read Christian Wade is available for the Miami game.  Is it crazy to give him a few chances to run in the 2nd half assuming the game is in hand.  Personally, I would like to see what he has learned in the past 2 seasons.  He is no longer protected after this season I believe. 

Any idea where you read this because I believe it to be incorrect.

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

odds are low— like 12% chance. 

if the bills and the ravens both win, then we will not play them. 

If the Bills sit key guys we're not winning this game.  

Matt Barkley is not moving the ball against the top scoring D in the league allowing only 18 points a game.  As great as we're playing you sit...half? the starters...no.  Just no.

That puts who we play into the hands of the Browns.  Who I'm not sure we can trust to beat Pittsburgh unless half the Steelers D sits.  If the Steelers want to avoid Baltimore in RD 1 they're going to show up to play.  

The players and coaches have to decide if they're good with ceding the 2 seed.  If they say no, we're playing start to finish.  

And as this game gets closer and reading the tea leaves outta One Bills Drive it looks to me like we are starting everyone and going from there maybe at halftime. 

I'm not saying that's what they should do.  I'm saying this is what it looks like they will do.  

Vegas agrees to.

Bills are now minus 3.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Matt Barkley is not moving the ball against the top scoring D in the league allowing only 18 points a game.  As great as we're playing you sit...half? the starters...no.  Just no.

That puts who we play into the hands of the Browns.  Who I'm not sure we can trust to beat Pittsburgh unless half the Steelers D sits.  If the Steelers want to avoid Baltimore in RD 1 they're going to show up to play.  

The players and coaches have to decide if they're good with ceding the 2 seed.  If they say no, we're playing start to finish.  

And as this game gets closer and reading the tea leaves outta One Bills Drive it looks to me like we are starting everyone and going from there maybe at halftime. 

I'm not saying that's what they should do.  I'm saying this is what it looks like they will do.  

Vegas agrees to.

Bills are now minus 3.  

They better be all in or all out. This sort of “play it by ear approach” seems like the worst way to to approach a game. To quote myself:

“Daniel-san, must talk. Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [squish] get squish, just like grape. Here football, same thing. Either you football do, yes, or football do, no. You football do, guess so, [squish] just like grape.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They better be all in or all out. This sort of “play it by ear approach” seems like the worst way to to approach a game. To quote myself:

“Daniel-san, must talk. Walk on road. Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [squish] get squish, just like grape. Here football, same thing. Either you football do, yes, or football do, no. You football do, guess so, [squish] just like grape.”

I don't disagree.  I think I'd sit everyone and take my chances that the Browns can't screw this up bc the Steelers will be resting half the starters.

Vegas agrees with that to.

Browns are 9 point favorites.

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Vegas agrees to.

Bills are now minus 3.  

I will add this too. 

If the Bills and Steelers both lose, we just need Baltimore to win in order to avoid them. 

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Well I'd hope and I believe they already knew what they were planning they just aren't telling us.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills were looking at the 3 seed and a round 2 trip to say Tennessee, I wonder how important that 2 seed becomes due to any concerns with the travel and dealing with Covid on the road.  

I think they'll stay overnight in Pittsburgh anyway.  No chance they're traveling on a playoff game day.  

So I wonder how much they want to avoid as many overnight stays as possible....if this matters and is being thrown into the blender of things to consider.  

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

What has to happen this weekend for Bills to be matched with Balt in first round - is it still possible?

Assuming we're the #2 seed we can't face Baltimore unless they lose to Cincinnati, and in that scenario Pittsburgh and Indianapolis would also both need to win. If we fall to the #3 seed it's more complicated.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't disagree.  I think I'd sit everyone and take my chances that the Browns can't screw this up bc the Steelers will be resting half the starters.

Vegas agrees with that to.

Browns are 9 point favorites.

Dear Big Blitz,

We concur!

Sincerely,

The 2004 Buffalo Bills

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Dear Big Blitz,

We concur!

Sincerely,

The 2004 Buffalo Bills

While I want the starters to play for the #2 Seed it would be cool to get redemption by beating the Dolphins with our backups and keeping them out of the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

I thought this was year 2 of "roster day 1 or PS all year". That was a thing last year and I thought this year also.

That guy is making more money now than he ever has and hanging around with a winning team.

I bet he would love to play but is quite comfortable with what the Bills have done for him so far.

People that want him to play need to remember he has never played a down of American Football in his life before he arrived here. 

15 hours ago, wjag said:

Peter King wrote in his column this week about Tua:

17. I can’t pick out one throw that Tua Tagovailoa made in Las Vegas that was a big-time, winning throw, and he played all but the last 10 minutes of a must-win game.

Not even that pass in the flat/backfield to the RB for a 2 yd gain ;)