Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

I guess when Mahomes looks bad people just gloss over it but when Allen has these games people use it to point out how he has issues.

Rodgers looks terrible against the Panthers last week...nothing to see here...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just my opinion and I think it’s pretty obvious.... The Ravens are Titans are the two teams you don’t want in the first round. 

I think it’s pretty obvious that the colts should be considered right there with them

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. It's morphed from "Every bad Allen pass means the commenters will talk about his lack of accuracy" to "Every bad Mayfield/Mahomes pass somehow doesn't mean the commenters will talk about HIS lack of accuracy." 

I guess that's progress.

Yeah that's basically it. All I wanted to point out was that Mahomes makes questionable throws every week. You have to take risks to be MVP. Mahomes, with great coaching and surrounding cast got to step in and perform right away. Allen needed some time, but you could see the same traits. I think it's why a lot of us watching over the past couple years aren't totally surprised that Allen is playing well now, but also why it isn't surprising that Mahomes doesn't seem invincible anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I guess when Mahomes looks bad people just gloss over it but when Allen has these games people use it to point out how he has issues.

When Allen gets some playoff wins, this will be the case for him as well.  

Mahomes/Rodgers are joined by Allen in that tier... I do believe that, and many in media do now as well... but to get the mulligans they get, you get them by winning on the big stage.  

I have no issue with it. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Big Turk said:

I'd say for the most part judgment is probably based on the collective body

of work. 

Just now, Big C said:

Yeah that's basically it. All I wanted to point out was that Mahomes makes questionable throws every week. You have to take risks to be MVP. Mahomes, with great coaching and surrounding cast got to step in and perform right away. Allen needed some time, but you could see the same traits. I think it's why a lot of us watching over the past couple years aren't totally surprised that Allen is playing well now, but also why it isn't surprising that Mahomes doesn't seem invincible anymore. 

Mahomes hasn't been quite the same since the knee injury. I mean, that's like saying the Bulls comeback version of Michael Jordan wasn't quite the same as the "I'm retiring to play baseball" version. But still ...