My Idea of what TD is doing

I'd hope this would be it:

-Getting Parish to be a future #3, slot WR. Maybe Reed finally steps up and becomes a #2 (unlikely) for next year. More likely, TD is preparing for the possibility that Moulds will not be back. He is giving Evans one more year to learn to be the man and then next year we have our #1 (LE) and #3 (RP). We get a bigger, possession type WR to be the #2 in draft or FA next year. We would then have 2 speed WRs and 2 possession types (Aiken + FA/draft?)

-He is not confident in Campbell/Euhus's recovery/skill. He wants reliable weapons around JP. Everett could be a future star in our offense.

-He did not believe a difference maker OL was available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Guys like Baas got snatched up pretty early. He thought it would help JP more to give him more weapons as opposed to a T, G or C that he was not confident could come in and contribute right away.

-He likes Shelton and believes he can get him as a 6/1 cut and for cheaper than $3 mill.

-Gonna deal Henry for second day/future year draft picks. Or hold on to him until a team needs a RB (whether that be training camp, preseason or week 6).

-Will use 2nd day picks to fill in weak depth spots (obviously).

-Is not totally counting on EM to return and WILL spend to keep NC here next offseason. (Reason KT was re-signed and no high-pick CB).

When I think about that, its not so crazy. I wasn't sure about some of the picks, but he didnt pick them without a plan. TD never just does things on whims, the wheels are always turning (good or bad).

Lets see how tomorrow goes.

GO BILLS!!

Bart

side note: Giants fans, you got a fuggin steal in rd. 3. Sorry J. :D

-Getting Parish to be a future #3, slot WR. Maybe Reed finally steps up and becomes a #2 (unlikely) for next year. More likely, TD is preparing for the possibility that Moulds will not be back. He is giving Evans one more year to learn to be the man and then next year we have our #1 (LE) and #3 (RP). We get a bigger, possession type WR to be the #2 in draft or FA next year. We would then have 2 speed WRs and 2 possession types (Aiken + FA/draft?)

-He is not confident in Campbell/Euhus's recovery/skill. He wants reliable weapons around JP. Everett could be a future star in our offense.

-He did not believe a difference maker OL was available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Guys like Baas got snatched up pretty early. He thought it would help JP more to give him more weapons as opposed to a T, G or C that he was not confident could come in and contribute right away.

-He likes Shelton and believes he can get him as a 6/1 cut and for cheaper than $3 mill.

-Gonna deal Henry for second day/future year draft picks. Or hold on to him until a team needs a RB (whether that be training camp, preseason or week 6).

-Is not totally counting on EM to return and WILL spend to keep NC here next offseason. (Reason KT was re-signed and no high-pick CB).

When I think about that, its not so crazy. I wasn't sure about some of the picks, but he didnt pick them without a plan. TD never just does things on whims, the wheels are always turning (good or bad).

GO BILLS!!

Bart

side note: Giants fans, you got a fuggin steal in rd. 3. Sorry J. :w00t:

315702[/snapback]

You mean he's going to survive today's public lynching? :D

GO BILLS!!

Bart

side note: Giants fans, you got a fuggin steal in rd. 3. Sorry J. :w00t:

315702[/snapback]

Nice, well-thought-out, level-headed post. :D

I gotta say I am really excited about Everett......the kid appears to have all the tools.....

315714[/snapback]

Oh yeah, the kid could be a good one. I am still on the fence about Parrish though, but that could be partially due to me growing up and still being a Noles fan.

One more thing I think we can include in the plan is the fact that McNally is very good with 2nd day O-line prospects...

If the Bills had a chance to get a Baas/Spencer kind of talent, they probably would have, but with McNally on board they probably feel pretty safe about getting 2n day prospects for the O-line.

Later,

Pat

Maybe Reed finally steps up and becomes a #2 (unlikely) for next year.

315702[/snapback]

if reed does step up, he's as good as gone..........TD will not pay to keep him around and he doesn't appear eager to extend him now on the cheap.........