CBS: Bills QB Situation "Mild Intrigue"

Rubes

Every NFL team's 2021 QB situation: Nine are in good shape, two could get ugly and everyone in between

LaCanfora: Nine teams are in good QB shape...and the Bills aren't one of them?

He lists the Bills in the category of "Mild Intrigue", along with the Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, Jets, Raiders, Rams, Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, and Broncos. Wow.

"There are some ties that bind here as well, though it's not wrapped up in quite as tight of a package. This list includes the highest-drafted QBs of the 2018 draft class -- Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold -- for starters. All four are eligible for extensions having completed three seasons in the NFL; not all will get them."

I mean, I'm not one to cry "OUTRAGE" every time a sports writer says something questionable, but seriously: Allen is legitimately in the running for MVP this season and has made incredible strides, and with all that he's done, he still really thinks Allen and the Bills belong in the category he describes as:

"Overall, the bottom line with this category is it would be surprising if any of these teams made a fundamental change at the starting QB spot, but in most cases you can't 100 percent rule them out looking around a little."

:huh:?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

The only reason the Ravens, Bills and Browns are on there is because their qbs have contracts coming up

That's what I was wondering about. In terms of skill, there's nothing to wonder about with Allen unless he gets injured or something.

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

The only reason the Ravens, Bills and Browns are on there is because their qbs have contracts coming up

I guess, but is it really intriguing? Lamar won the MVP award and always makes the Ravens dangerous, and Baker has the Browns with a winning record for the first time in forever and on the verge of a playoff appearance.

I mean, sure, things get complicated when their contracts are up, but does anyone really think those teams aren't set at QB for some time?

12 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I guess, but is it really intriguing? Lamar won the MVP award and always makes the Ravens dangerous, and Baker has the Browns with a winning record for the first time in forever and on the verge of a playoff appearance.

I mean, sure, things get complicated when their contracts are up, but does anyone really think those teams aren't set at QB for some time?

Yeah, the lack of a contract doesn't matter.  It doesn't present any "intrigue" because it's actually very simple in that if the Bills fumble resigning Josh they will have zero fans left nor any players who would ever willingly play here again.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So I guess we're on the list because we're in the part of Josh's rookie deal where QBs get extended. I don't see in what world that obviously isn't happening though.

The question is when & for how many years.  Will the cap be high enough for an extension fewer than 10 years next year & would that cause both sides to wait until 2022 when they are pretty sure the games can sell out at stadium capacity.   

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's what I was wondering about. In terms of skill, there's nothing to wonder about with Allen unless he gets injured or something.

Its a click bait, much ado about nothing article, plain and simple, Darnold is basically day old bread, likely on sale, and the other three of that class worth talking about are all going to be resigned by their  respective teams, you can take that to the bank. These guys will write anything for clicks, they evidently feel no shame. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/writers/jason-la-canfora/ Thanks jason that is the dumbest dumb thing I’ve ever read... ever...

“Overall, the bottom line with this category is it would be surprising if any of these teams made a fundamental change at the starting QB spot, but in most cases you can't 100 percent rule them out looking around a little.

with all the people losing jobs in sports this year this blowhard somehow survived to write this drivel...  congrats CBS.   Great job.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Every NFL team's 2021 QB situation: Nine are in good shape, two could get ugly and everyone in between

LaCanfora: Nine teams are in good QB shape...and the Bills aren't one of them?

He lists the Bills in the category of "Mild Intrigue", along with the Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, Jets, Raiders, Rams, Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, and Broncos. Wow.

I mean, I'm not one to cry "OUTRAGE" every time a sports writer says something questionable, but seriously: Allen is legitimately in the running for MVP this season and has made incredible strides, and with all that he's done, he still really thinks Allen and the Bills belong in the category he describes as:

:huh:?

The one thing Allen needs to show is he's not another one year wonder like Wentz.  He comes out next year again playing like he is now, think all the questions goes away. Same with Jackson except opposite, he went from MVP to playing well, but is he nothing more than a running QB with so-so arm.  Last season he got away with it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

But Lamar has limitations that have caught up to him this season.  I mean the next pass he throws outside the numbers might be his first. Their offense is limited to using 3/4 of the field because Lamar doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep outs from the opposite hash.

Edited by Big Turk