So I guess no one else is really happy...

I don't know about you guys, but I really like what we've got so far.

In theory, Losman was our first rounder, and we got an explosive WR and a good catching TE with lots of upside.

Sure it would have been nice to add a piece to the OL, but I'm guessing that'll come tomorrow in the 4th and/or the Cards cut Shelton and we pick him up.

As for DT, everyone keeps saying we need a DT. A DT is not a true need. I don't consider WR a true need either, but in comparison, WR was more of a need then a DT.

Although, if Antaaj Hawthorne is still there in the 4th round, I could see Donahoe snapping him up.

Overall though, I'm pretty damn happy.

I have faith that TD and the crew knows what the hell they are doing. With all the bitchin' about Roscoe, I thought folks would be very happy with Everett.

Funny, but ESPN listed Everett as a WR when they talked about the pick.

Roscoe's size is of some concern, but sometimes guys overcome that with great football instincts.

Stop worrying - the Bills are in good hands.

I don't know about you guys, but I really like what we've got so far.

In theory, Losman was our first rounder, and we got an explosive WR and a good catching TE with lots of upside.

Sure it would have been nice to add a piece to the OL, but I'm guessing that'll come tomorrow in the 4th and/or the Cards cut Shelton and we pick him up.

As for DT, everyone keeps saying we need a DT.  A DT is not a true need.  I don't consider WR a true need either, but in comparison, WR was more of a need then a DT.

Although, if Antaaj Hawthorne is still there in the 4th round, I could see Donahoe snapping him up.

315587[/snapback]

I think that this draft so far is a measure of how the coaching staff viewed the production out of the QB position in '03 and '04. In retrospect, I think they blame the offensive woes on chiefly one player. I think that they're justified in that thinking.

I think that this draft so far is a measure of how the coaching staff viewed the production out of the QB position in '03 and '04.  In retrospect, I think they blame the offensive woes on chiefly one player.  I think that they're justified in that thinking.

315614[/snapback]

I also think it shows that the team believes there was a lack of speed on the field. As much as Bledsoe couldn't avoid the rush, Reed, Shaw, and Aiken couldn't stretch the field. Even Moulds isn't the speediest WR out there.

For the first time in years, the Bills might be able to run the K-gun formation, and put some fear into defenses. This is going to give McGahee much more room to operate, and take pressure off the O-line.

I am almost always negative on draft day, last year being an exception. I don't really know why this is the case, either, but today has been no different. Still, as a few days pass, my opinion usually changes and I can see the same thing happening with this draft already. My complaints are more about the overall strategy. I like the players they've added.

For the first time in years, the Bills might be able to run the K-gun formation, and put some fear into defenses.  This is going to give McGahee much more room to operate, and take pressure off the O-line.

315620[/snapback]

:D

even if they had the skill to do it (which they don't), our OLine doesn't have the endurance to run the KGun. at best Anderson and Williams would get winded, at worst they'd drop dead of a heart attack

I'm pretty happy with what we did so far.

Parrish does not spell the end of Moulds or Reeds career in Buffalo, he's a different kind of player/wide reciever. He potentially could become an "X-factor" type player that you can throw into many different situations and let him make plays. I can see this guy being put into motion where he won't get jammed at the line, and let him do what he does best.

Everett is a boom or bust type pick. The sky is the limit for him. He can run, can catch, and is an above average blocker. His potential is endless, he just needs to get some experience.

I think that this draft so far is a measure of how the coaching staff viewed the production out of the QB position in '03 and '04.  In retrospect, I think they blame the offensive woes on chiefly one player.  I think that they're justified in that thinking.

315614[/snapback]

Bingo....and I really mean it....BINGO

I may totally be out in left field but the way that the first day shaped up told me.....

- The bills organization believes that the main numeral uno problem of the offense this last year was none other then Drew Bledsoe.....it was his inability to improvise, make a positive play out of nothing, and the forced dummying down of the offense that hurt us.......the bills went out and drafted explosive offensive weapons.......

Roscoe......let me first say that I just dont agree with the pick....time will hopefully prove me wrong I just have a problem drafting such a small wide receiver so high.....Lee Evans wasn't a big guy but he had a lot of muscule on him and is biult more like a running back....Lee Evans is actually a pretty strong guy for a receiver........Roscoe may be greased lightening but he isn't going to be able to play outside........he is strictly going to be a slot guy and returner......

Everett.....I LOVE this pick....Everett has the look of a player that will start early and be a force....a guy who can block.....is too fast for a linebacker and too big for a safety to cover.....I think that he is going to become one of Losmans weapons early.....

I also want to support the idea that some are forgetting JP Losman is actually our 1st round pick this year........I am not happy with the lack of O Line help but TD must have a plan......

I also think it shows that the team believes there was a lack of speed on the field.  As much as Bledsoe couldn't avoid the rush, Reed, Shaw, and Aiken couldn't stretch the field.  Even Moulds isn't the speediest WR out there.

For the first time in years, the Bills might be able to run the K-gun formation, and put some fear into defenses.  This is going to give McGahee much more room to operate, and take pressure off the O-line.

315620[/snapback]

Yes, I entirely agree.

:D

even if they had the skill to do it (which they don't), our OLine doesn't have the endurance to run the KGun.  at best Anderson and Williams would get winded, at worst they'd drop dead of a heart attack

315623[/snapback]

There's a difference between the K-gun formation and the no-huddle.

The K-gun, 3 WR, TE, HB, formation will force teams out of loading up the box, stretching the field horizontally. They can run this formation outside the no-huddle.

The Bills can now put two speedy WRs, Parrish and Evans outside, and a big WR in the middle, Moulds.

They have a TE with potential to exploit the middle of the defense and block on running plays.

And they have McGahee, who runs, blocks, and catches well.

Of course, on draft day, this is all based on potential. But the talent they have on the roster last season (Reed, Aiken, and Campbell) was better suited for a power game, and had trouble stretching the field..

315614[/snapback]

So true, what a most excellent observation. Post of the day. :D

Not happy, not upset. At least TD gave us plenty to argue about over the next few months. Like the KE move, not a huge fan of the Parrish pick only because if we were going to pick a wide-out early (which i thought we were) i figured it would be a big body. When we were at 55 i was quite angry because there were few players on the board that i felt were a good fit for us. I was hoping TD would trade the pick and maybe TH to a team for a pick next year or something. I didn't like the options that we had presented to us. RP adds a lot of speed, and that is nothing but a positive for our offense. Also, not trading up will allow us more cap room to sign Nate (which i believe he will, and he will pay him the money the market dictates). Lastly, i really have to trust the Bills brain trust that either Teague or Peters will be our LT this year, and that they are very comfortable with that. If they are, I am as well.

After 11 hours of staring at a TV. I am going to bed. Check ya'll tomorrow.

I'm even keel at this point because I don't think this draft has much value in it. Time will tell.

Parrish could be another Az Hakim. He's never going to be a number one or two but as a third "change of pace" type guy he could give defenses fits. To be honest, we already have big body wideouts (Aiken, Moulds) and it'll be nice to have someone who plays so damn fast. I am concerned about his hands but perhaps being in meetings with EM and LE will help Cooter's concentration problems.

Everett is a reach but could be a steal. Nothing wrong with that pick.

I'm not unhappy with the picks, just confused. Seems we had other needs. But I think that Roscoe may end up being Az Hakim or even that KR guy from KC whose name escapes me at the moment.

I've been frustrated that we haven't had a real go-to guy at tight end, really, ever. Metzelaars was good, Reimersma good, but we've never had a real go-to guy. Maybe the staff thinks we have one now.

They must be counting on Tim Anderson to fill Pat Williams' slot. And Sape. Defense isn't the problem with our team.

I think they will address the offensive line with a couple more free agency signings, and a couple guys tomorrow.

As for DT, everyone keeps saying we need a DT.  A DT is not a true need.  I don't consider WR a true need either, but in comparison, WR was more of a need then a DT.

315587[/snapback]

????

Keep on smilin'!!